7on7 Practice Notes

Advertisement
Man I hope he is right and that Rosier is getting it. I would really prefer Perry have a year to get groomed.

Good point about their strengths being on the edge and CB bc i think our strength on the line is in the interior so hopefully we can run between the tackles on them unlike years past. The running game in this game really is the key IMO. Unless one QB has 2 or 3 turnovers, whoever runs the ball best in this game will win

When's the last time we lined up and ran the ball down FSU's throat? QB will have to complete passes and make plays with his feet. FSU has struggled for a long time now with QBs who can run even if they're not great passers.

Advertisement
Y'all putting way too much stock into that Duke game

As opposed to guys putting stock into zero games and zero practices?

Exactly.

It only makes perfect sense.

Give more weight to your "good feelings" than actual empirical data.

Tearing it up against high school d-lines that average under 200 lbs and d-backs that run 40's in the 5's carries more weight than 3 years of college practices and an actual full game winning start against division one scholarship athletes.

And the QB competition hasn't even started yet.

If Perry wins outright, then ok, but at least let's be open minded about it

Man, it would have been perfect having Kaaya one more year.

Now we have the choice between a freshmen with potential and journeyman. Problem with starting Rosier is next year when it's time to hand the keys to Perry we'll still have Rosier and the discussion keeps going.

Advertisement
Good point about their strengths being on the edge and CB bc i think our strength on the line is in the interior so hopefully we can run between the tackles on them unlike years past. The running game in this game really is the key IMO. Unless one QB has 2 or 3 turnovers, whoever runs the ball best in this game will win

When's the last time we lined up and ran the ball down FSU's throat? QB will have to complete passes and make plays with his feet. FSU has struggled for a long time now with QBs who can run even if they're not great passers.

Exactly! I remember BJ Daniels from USF and Willie Simmons from Clemson (before Clemson was the current Clemson) running all over the field against them. Neither one of those qb's were know for their throwing abilities, especially BJ Daniels. However both beat FSU in Tally because of their feet. FSU currently have eerily similar struggles on defense as the did back in those years.

Good to hear this about Rosier. Perry may have all the talent but he is still too green and needs to get the confidence of his teammates. Looks like we'll ride the season with Rosier barring any meltdown along the way.

Gonna be really difficult this year of all years. They're really stout down the middle of their defense. They'd be drunk and possibly asleep on heroin to not drop a Safety down on a relatively inexperienced QB. Add that to DTs who are likely to give our guys some problems, and we better consider actually attacking them this year.

Advertisement
I'll feel much better about going against FSU in the ACC ship game than week 3. As much as it would suck to watch them tie the series

Rosier has never completed more than 51% of his passes in any game or scrimmage. If the poster is accurate--that's VERY encouraging--but call me skeptical. All Perry has to do is complete, at most, 60% of his passes in each scrimmage and the job is his, unless a huge light has come on for Rosier. Finally, a real QB competition that will make this group hold up it's end.

JT Money is going to make the secondary better and better for years to come. Can't wait to see him on the field. X-Cager. Y-Thomas. Z-Richards. I like that.

Delany, Young and Dean will take this defense to the next level. As the season went on, El Jefe disguised in his blitzes and coverages more and more. It will be interesting to see what packages he comes up with. Oh sweet baby Jesus! Thank you for the competent staff!!

Rosier completed 20 of 29 passes against Duke in 2015. I'm pretty sure that's over 51%.

True. Everything else has been subpar. Maybe he's a gamer.

Advertisement

Gonna be really difficult this year of all years. They're really stout down the middle of their defense. They'd be drunk and possibly asleep on heroin to not drop a Safety down on a relatively inexperienced QB. Add that to DTs who are likely to give our guys some problems, and we better consider actually attacking them this year.

I'm confident they aren't going to completely shut our running game down like last year. They lost their best DT, by far, and we will be much better on the interior O-line with Donaldson and Gauthier. Oh yeah, and Perry and Rosier are both actual threats to run.

I'm confident they aren't going to completely shut our running game down like last year. They lost their best DT, by far, and we will be much better on the interior O-line with Donaldson and Gauthier. Oh yeah, and Perry and Rosier are both actual threats to avoid a sack.

FIFY

I'm confident they aren't going to completely shut our running game down like last year. They lost their best DT, by far, and we will be much better on the interior O-line with Donaldson and Gauthier. Oh yeah, and Perry and Rosier are both actual threats to run.
Hope that's true. Christmas and Nnadi are solid and potentially a problem, especially if Linder is at Center. Their two Safeties are fast and physical. Our interior line has to step up and someone has to put Brian Burns on his ***. We don't pose a sufficient threat to them if we avoid the middle of the field like we did last year.

Reading this thread is what I imagine it feels like for a crack head to get his fix. I really needed this.

I've been around long enough to not but the greentree hype, but JT just feels special. Excited to watch him play.

VERY encouraging report on the CBs, if accurate. One physical, one speedy...should compliment each other nicely.

Question: I don't remember seeing much press, bump and run coverage last year. Am I correct? If so, was that a personnel thing or a schematic thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personnel. I remember last year Manny said something about not having enough CBs that can legit play bump and run so they wasn't going to run much of that.

Advertisement
Back