7on7 Practice Notes

I'm buying it, but not because of any credibility the QP may or may not have. Honestly what did he really say?

Perry is "athletic"
Rosier our upperclassman QB is confident
Thomas is fast
Harley is quick
Delaney is physical

etc. etc. Any one of us could have written that without having any inside information.

Yay for the offseason...

Ghost, (or anybody) do you have a guess on who steps up at the skill positions?

Njoku and Coley are leaving us with about 100 catches, 1500 yards, and 17 TD's from last year to try and replace.

Richards and Herndon, but who else? 82 is gonna get a lot more attention this year. Cager, Berrios, Mullins, D. Harris ?

I think Jeff Thomas should get a lot of burn as a true freshman. Will be some growing pains, but he brings something different to the table than those guys, what do you guys think?

Cager intrigues the crap out of me. Incredibly athletic for his size - should be a redzone nightmare but can also stretch a defense as well. Thomas is the easy answer, especially if we rely heavily on the screen game as I believe we will. We're finally starting to get the type of athletes that can turn a 5-yard hitch into a 70-yard score.

I'm intrigued by Cager as well. I think Thomas immediately becomes the #2 WR. He's just too talented to keep off the field. Berrios seems pretty firm at #3 (at least to start the year).

In terms of targets, I'd expect the pecking order to go - Richards, Herndon, Thomas, Walton, Berrios

I think is the coaches will want a bigger, more physical presence as the WR #4 since the Top 3 don't really bring that to the table. Cager/Harris/Mullins would be my guess as next in line for playing time with Dallas/Harley/Langham/Njoku on the outside looking in. Dallas to RB and Njoku to TE wouldn't surprise me.

Advertisement
Our passing game is one of my biggest concerns to be honest, with the unknown at QB and no real threats, at this point, to take some coverage away from Richards it could prove problematic unless some guys really surprise.

Advertisement
Back