7on7 Practice Notes

Rosier has never completed more than 51% of his passes in any game or scrimmage. If the poster is accurate--that's VERY encouraging--but call me skeptical. All Perry has to do is complete, at most, 60% of his passes in each scrimmage and the job is his, unless a huge light has come on for Rosier. Finally, a real QB competition that will make this group hold up it's end.

JT Money is going to make the secondary better and better for years to come. Can't wait to see him on the field. X-Cager. Y-Thomas. Z-Richards. I like that.

Delany, Young and Dean will take this defense to the next level. As the season went on, El Jefe disguised in his blitzes and coverages more and more. It will be interesting to see what packages he comes up with. Oh sweet baby Jesus! Thank you for the competent staff!!

Making stuff up. Fake news.

Advertisement
Players like, respect and respond to Rosier. You all don't think this is significant but comes tough games it will show. I said it and will say it again, Rosier gives us the best chance of beating FSU if we to have one. But most here go with he new and shiny even if still unproven in the battle field.

I dont think some of yall realize how charmin soft our schedule is this year.... we could run the table with Malik Rosier.

September- FSU is the only toss up

vs Bethune
@ Arkansas St
@ FSU
vs Toledo

October- Undefeated

@ Duke
vs GT
vs Syracuse
@ UNC

November- Two toss ups bc of rivalry status but both we should win.

vs VT
vs ND
vs UVa
@ Pitt

Our schedule is largely the same year in and year out. 2-3 cupcakes, coastal, FSU, random crossover. Even if we lost to FSU and ran the table, we'd have a shot at the playoffs with a win in the ACCCG. With competent recruiting and coaching, we should be in a great position for years to come.

Players like, respect and respond to Rosier. You all don't think this is significant but comes tough games it will show. I said it and will say it again, Rosier gives us the best chance of beating FSU if we to have one. But most here go with he new and shiny even if still unproven in the battle field.

Correct at the new and shiny statement, they build them up and then break them down when the player doesn't meet their ridiculous expectations.

Advertisement
Y'all putting way too much stock into that Duke game

that Duke team was slightly better or equal to 99% of the teams on our schedule this year... and Rosier naturally is a better QB now than he was then.

wayyy too much stock?? look at it this way.. On the road D1 College Football game vs High school games

They were ranked too. Duke ended the season horribly because they never recovered, but that was a big-time win for a first time starter with new coaching staff on the road. Can't be undersold.

Rosier will probably throw 4 picks vs FSU while trying to be a "hero"

He threw 6 this spring, while only facing a pass rush once

Rosier will probably throw 4 picks vs FSU while trying to be a "hero"

He threw 6 this spring, while only facing a pass rush once

Again, I won't take this as his best performance. Do you believe we have a better choice at QB who would give us the best chance to beat FSU, which is the main goal this year?

And while thats not good, hopefully he learned from those mistakes. AR was out a good portion of the spring if i recall so hr should have better options in the fall w cager and AR back and im sure the D was keyed in one the passing game due to lack of RBs

Advertisement
Im also curious to see who wins the 2,3,4 WR positions. Cager and mullins sound like possession receivers and JT4 sounds like he could contribute in a way dorsett did his jr yr if he has a great yr

Dorsett was a one trick pony, he wasn't great with the ball in his hands. Thomas is a play maker

Rosier has never completed more than 51% of his passes in any game or scrimmage. If the poster is accurate--that's VERY encouraging--but call me skeptical. All Perry has to do is complete, at most, 60% of his passes in each scrimmage and the job is his, unless a huge light has come on for Rosier. Finally, a real QB competition that will make this group hold up it's end.

JT Money is going to make the secondary better and better for years to come. Can't wait to see him on the field. X-Cager. Y-Thomas. Z-Richards. I like that.

Delany, Young and Dean will take this defense to the next level. As the season went on, El Jefe disguised in his blitzes and coverages more and more. It will be interesting to see what packages he comes up with. Oh sweet baby Jesus! Thank you for the competent staff!!

Completed almost 70% of his passes in a game he started and won vs Duke.

Feel stupid yet?

QB's typically throw several interceptions in Spring . Defense usually is ahead at that point and they know the plays.

Reading this thread is what I imagine it feels like for a crack head to get his fix. I really needed this.

I've been around long enough to not but the greentree hype, but JT just feels special. Excited to watch him play.

VERY encouraging report on the CBs, if accurate. One physical, one speedy...should compliment each other nicely.

Question: I don't remember seeing much press, bump and run coverage last year. Am I correct? If so, was that a personnel thing or a schematic thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
The problem I see/have with Rosier is that the stuff he's been effective at in the past is the type of stuff that limits his reads and therefore half the field on most plays. While you can get away with that against teams where you have a real physical and talent edge, Im not sure you can beat the good teams on your schedule with that type of attack.

And with the threats and speed Miami has outside this year, I flat out want the guy(freshman or not) that can most consistently get them the ball accurately. I'll live with freshman mistakes if that's Perry....

Mistakes are going to happen no matter who the QB is, all we can really hope for is that the QB doesn't cost us games. We won't really know until September.

But, the type of QB's that give FSU trouble over the last few years have mostly been running QB's.

Watson, Justin Thomas at GTech & Greg Ward Jr in 15, Lamar Jackson, Trubisky & Watson last year.

Against their athletes your QB is either going to have to be deadly accurate like Trubisky & Watson were last year, or keep them on their toes running the ball like Ward Jr, Lamar Jackson & Thomas did when they beat them.

FSU's biggest weakness is the interior, both their Down lineman & LB's are underachievers, their strengths are all on the edge at DE & CB.

Game manager checkdown ball won't beat them in Tally, you have to be aggressive & attack the **** out of the middle of the field.

And if if they don't respect the Deep ball, they'll send heavy pressure at your QB & load the box with 8 man fronts to stop the run game.

If Rosier is the starter (I expect he will), I hope he gets it done because we got a lot riding on that game for this season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Betcha the mongrels who claim Rosier is incapable of walking and chewing gum at the same time will claim this report is fake.

Mistakes are going to happen no matter who the QB is, all we can really hope for is that the QB doesn't cost us games. We won't really know until September.

But, the type of QB's that give FSU trouble over the last few years have mostly been running QB's.

Watson, Justin Thomas at GTech & Greg Ward Jr in 15, Lamar Jackson, Trubisky & Watson last year.

Against their athletes your QB is either going to have to be deadly accurate like Trubisky & Watson were last year, or keep them on their toes running the ball like Ward Jr, Lamar Jackson & Thomas did when they beat them.

FSU's biggest weakness is the interior, both their Down lineman & LB's are underachievers, their strengths are all on the edge at DE & CB.

Game manager checkdown ball won't beat them in Tally, you have to be aggressive & attack the **** out of the middle of the field.

And if if they don't respect the Deep ball, they'll send heavy pressure at your QB & load the box with 8 man fronts to stop the run game.

If Rosier is the starter (I expect he will), I hope he gets it done because we got a lot riding on that game for this season.

Beating FSU tells college football a lot!!

Good point about their strengths being on the edge and CB bc i think our strength on the line is in the interior so hopefully we can run between the tackles on them unlike years past. The running game in this game really is the key IMO. Unless one QB has 2 or 3 turnovers, whoever runs the ball best in this game will win

LOL

Advertisement
Back