#3 National Seed

Advertisement
So it's a sht conference. Like I said.

Doesn't matter if it is or if you said it, it's still not a valid reason to consider a team second tier.

Oh, trust me, FAU is second tier because of FAU, not because of their conference. That just adds to the effect.

Their postseason streak is up to two. Right on the cusp of putting a stranglehold on this sport.

I suggest you all put JJ on ignore if you don't want to see what he has to say. I may have missed it, but other than opinions that aren't based in reality, he hasn't broken any rules . . . and bad opinions are breaking the rules either.

I think most reasonable people would say that anything less than Omaha is a disappointment. To be the #3 national seed, well we should have high expectations. Florida looks really strong. Im not sure we would beat them best of 3 in Omaha.

I suggest you all put JJ on ignore if you don't want to see what he has to say. I may have missed it, but other than opinions that aren't based in reality, he hasn't broken any rules . . . and bad opinions are breaking the rules either.

I think most reasonable people would say that anything less than Omaha is a disappointment. To be the #3 national seed, well we should have high expectations. Florida looks really strong. Im not sure we would beat them best of 3 in Omaha.

Agree on all your points.

Advertisement
I have him on ignore, but am enjoying repudating his drivel as the season progresses. He recently surpassed DannyBoyCane in sheer stupidity and DannyBoy was cognitively impaired.

We can continue to revisit this throughout the year to see how creative you can be with the excuses when we're a borderline regional host and nowhere near a national seed.

I'll gladly take you up on that. Since you don't follow the sport you have no clue what you're talking about.

Perfect. Will love to see your posts after Louisville does what they want. But that's okay because they're a great team.

Of course we never got to revisit it.

Speaking of revisiting, LSU did get that last National Seed and the conference tourney's did matter.

"I question how much you actually follow this stuff.

FSU is 16th in the RPI and 3rd (currently) in the ACC. They are not a national seed right now and are playing their worst baseball of the year at the moment.
"

"Where did you get LSU from? They're currently sitting 6th in the SEC (4th in the West) and they're only 9-9 vs. the top 100. They'll host but won't be a national seed."

"Now I know that you don't follow it much.
The conference tournaments don't mean all that much. Certainly 'making noise' isn't sufficient to make them a national seed.
You speak in silly fanboy talk."

I welcome all opinions and comments. Just don't be a deck when doing so because you will be called out on it down the line.

Advertisement
I heard via radio that there's zero possibility of SEC teams facing off against each other in a super regional, while the ACC has 6 teams that have a potential pairing in the supers. Is this accurate?

We can continue to revisit this throughout the year to see how creative you can be with the excuses when we're a borderline regional host and nowhere near a national seed.

I'll gladly take you up on that. Since you don't follow the sport you have no clue what you're talking about.

Perfect. Will love to see your posts after Louisville does what they want. But that's okay because they're a great team.

Of course we never got to revisit it.

Speaking of revisiting, LSU did get that last National Seed and the conference tourney's did matter.

"I question how much you actually follow this stuff.

FSU is 16th in the RPI and 3rd (currently) in the ACC. They are not a national seed right now and are playing their worst baseball of the year at the moment.
"

"Where did you get LSU from? They're currently sitting 6th in the SEC (4th in the West) and they're only 9-9 vs. the top 100. They'll host but won't be a national seed."

"Now I know that you don't follow it much.
The conference tournaments don't mean all that much. Certainly 'making noise' isn't sufficient to make them a national seed.
You speak in silly fanboy talk."

I welcome all opinions and comments. Just don't be a deck when doing so because you will be called out on it down the line.

LSU won 13 of their last 15 games and that got them the # 8 (and final) national seed. You have no evidence that the conference tournament (which they didn't win) mattered at all in their case.

You (or whoever made that claim) made a wild-eyed predication that came up snake eyes. Congratulations.

It doesn't cover for the vast array of dumb chit that you and Jagr have said.

Long Beach State's baseball team goes by the moniker of the "Dirtbags", true.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Conference tourney means zero in the power conferences. Anyone who doesnt realize that is clueless.

Advertisement

I'm too lazy to look it up how many ACC teams can meet another ACC team in the Super Regionals, but there are 10 teams from the ACC in the tourney so it has to be a possibility.

I'm too lazy to look it up how many ACC teams can meet another ACC team in the Super Regionals, but there are 10 teams from the ACC in the tourney so it has to be a possibility.

Good point, I hadn't looked up the pairings yet. The show I was listening to was suggesting there were more SEC teams, but they could have been referring to hosts.

I'm certain they formatted to intentionally prevent SEC head to head in the supers...but with the ACC having 3 more teams, it wasn't possible to do the same w/the ACC.

FAU is a damned good ball club. It wouldn't suprise me to see them take us to our limits and possibly beat us.
No they're still number 17

But RPI, I know
Don't waste your breath there. He claimed they sucked as the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=17][URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=17]#17 [/URL] [/URL] team in the Country and that UM should hold their head in shame for daring to lose a 1 run mid week game to them.

You mean right before they lost 3 out of 4 to FIU and UCF? Quick question: why isn't FAU [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=17]#17 [/URL] anymore?

No they're still number 17

But the RPI that puts smaller conference teams at natural disadvantage, I know.

C-USA isn't a "smaller conference". They have 12 teams. And you've gone out of your way to claim that they aren't a sht conference. So....why, exactly, are they at a disadvantage in the RPI?

Kind of skipped over his #17 statement...wonder why? Lmao. Just like to talk **** without any info don't ya?

UM

Advertisement
"We can continue to revisit this throughout They'll host but won't be a national seed."

LSU won 13 of their last 15 games and that got them the # 8 (and final) national seed. You have no evidence that the conference tournament (which they didn't win) mattered at all in their case.

You (or whoever made that claim) made a wild-eyed predication that came up snake eyes. Congratulations.

It doesn't cover for the vast array of dumb chit that you and Jagr have said.

That's a weird way of saying "yeah, I was wrong. They turned it on at the right time and played their way into a national seed. I shouldn't have made such an absolute statement like that."

I heard via radio that there's zero possibility of SEC teams facing off against each other in a super regional, while the ACC has 6 teams that have a potential pairing in the supers. Is this accurate?

Every SEC team in this year's tournament is a #1 seed host. So, by rule, they can't be paired together. If they had other teams make it in as #2 's or #3 's, then it would have been possible to meet each other before the CWS.

Advertisement
Back