#3 National Seed

Pretty fu*kin good. Only real weakness is thin on pitching and no shut down ace.

I'm going to politely disagree. We have a huge hole in our lineup where normal teams have a first baseman that is capable of either hitting for average or power. We would be so much better than we already are if we had anyone that could hit there

Last edited:
Advertisement

Pretty fu*kin good. Only real weakness is thin on pitching and no shut down ace.

I'm going to politely disagree. We have a huge hole in our lineup where normal teams have a first baseman that is capable of either hitting for average or power. We would be so better than we already are if we had anyone that could hit there

Don't agree. The bigger worry is can Heyward get it going. Not many teams have a catcher who can hit like Collins so that makes up for the lack of power at first base.

They're second tier because they're in a sht conference and their post-season success consists of making it to the post-season every other year.

Conference USA is not a 'sht' league. It's a 4-bid league this year and it was a 3-bid league last year.

Not even that [MENTION=14309]Brian Piccolo[/MENTION]. If he calls FAU a second tier team for playing in a **** conference, he's sh*tting on teams like Rice, Coastal Carolina, UL Lafayette, Southern Miss, Cal State Fullerton, and Dallas Baptist and calling them "second tier" too even though some of those teams have made the CWS

The fact that you included FAU with Rice and Cal State Fullerton proves to me that I am wasting my time by talking to an FAU plant. No one on the planet thinks that those three programs should be grouped together.

I see right through you guys. You're terrified that your precious #3 RPI is going to get exposed for what we really are, so you have to build FAU up to be the next Fullerton.

You said that FAU is second tier because they are in a s**t conference as one of your reasons

So You are implying that teams in a s**t conference are "second tier"

I give you teams that play in s**t conferences and outwit you again because Your assumptions are wrong like always

You instead of taking your defeat like a man, You lie and say I'm putting FAU on the level of Rice and Cal State Fullerton which I never said.

You just contradicted yourself (like always) by saying Cal State Fullerton and Rice are "top tier" teams even though You hit Rice's conference as being "s**t" and are now going to argue past history because when You use it in an argument, its legitimized facts and matter in the present but when anybody else uses the same tactics when arguing for UM You accuse them of living in the past

No one is putting FAU on a pedestal but again You are making things up because You twist things to support your cause because You don't accept defeat by people who clearly know more than you

You are committing site violations by lying about what other people have said

Last edited:

I'm going to politely disagree. We have a huge hole in our lineup where normal teams have a first baseman that is capable of either hitting for average or power. We would be so better than we already are if we had anyone that could hit there

Don't agree. The bigger worry is can Heyward get it going. Not many teams have a catcher who can hit like Collins so that makes up for the lack of power at first base.

There is no reason to need to have to make up for the lack of hitting at first base. It's a shame that Miami hasn't been able to find a first baseman that can hit better than Barr. The bigger travesty is that he bats at the top of the order frequently with a .260 average

Last edited:

There is no reason to need to have to make up for the lack of hitting at first base. It's a shame that Miami hasn't been able to find a first baseman that can hit better than Barr. The bigger travesty is that he bats at the top of the order frequently with a .260 average

He is a great fielder and saves alot of runs. He is a definitely a net plus not a net minus as you are implying.

Advertisement

Barr bats 2nd because he is the 2nd fastest player on the team and he is an elite bunter. So he's ideal to move Chester into scoring position for Collins. Most coaches would probably bat Lopez or Ruiz 2nd, but I think Morris likes to balance the lineup 1-9.

He is a great fielder and saves alot of runs. He is a definitely a net plus not a net minus as you are implying.

I don't know many first basemen that are net minuses. He's a much smaller net plus than we should have at first base. I understand we are all Miami fans here, but you need to be objective. His stats are horrendous for a top tier division 1 school first baseman. You can't argue that.

Advertisement

Barr bats 2nd because he is the 2nd fastest player on the team and he is an elite bunter. So he's ideal to move Chester into scoring position for Collins. Most coaches would probably bat Lopez or Ruiz 2nd, but I think Morris likes to balance the lineup 1-9.

A first baseman that is an elite bunter. That about sums up my argument.

I'm going to politely disagree. We have a huge hole in our lineup where normal teams have a first baseman that is capable of either hitting for average or power. We would be so much better than we already are if we had anyone that could hit there

Barr hit .306 last year and played every day for a team that went .307/.459/.417

And this year he's an integral part of the best defense in school history.

WE'd be so much better if Heyward and Abreu hit to their averages. Despite that we're 45-11.

Last edited:

Barr hit .306 last year and played every day for a team that went .307/.459/.417

WE'd be so much better if Heyward and Abreu hit to their averages. Despite that we're 45-11.

Just for fun, I've included a few of the ACC 1B stats below. It's humorous to me how much people are defending this guy. The numbers are - Average, HR, RBI

Dylan Busby, FSU .317, 12, 47
Danny Rosenbaum, Loiusville .284, 8, 37
Pavin Smith, UVA .325, 6, 52
Preston Palmeiro, NC State, .327, 8, 48
Gavin Sheets, Wake, .320, 9, 43
Tristin English, GT, .311, 4, 37
Nick Yarnall, Pitt, .309, 11, 39
Christopher Barr, Miami, .267, 0, 24

Just for fun, I've included a few of the ACC 1B stats below. It's humorous to me how much people are defending this guy. The numbers are - Average, HR, RBI

Dylan Busby, FSU .317, 12, 47
Danny Rosenbaum, Loiusville .284, 8, 37
Pavin Smith, UVA .325, 6, 52
Preston Palmeiro, NC State, .327, 8, 48
Gavin Sheets, Wake, .320, 9, 43
Tristin English, GT, .311, 4, 37
Nick Yarnall, Pitt, .309, 11, 39
Christopher Barr, Miami, .267, 0, 24

I get what you're saying, but overall Barr has helped way more than he hurt. He does the "small" things right more times than not and saves a bunch of runs over at 1st base. Our defense playing well is huge particularly this season because our pitching has been shaky at times.

I agree that we would be better off with Heyward actually producing. A key hit every 6 to 7 games isn't going to help us.

Advertisement
We clearly got the easiest regional in the tournament. FAU as the #2 ? We should all go play powerball tonight.

FAU is a damned good ball club. It wouldn't suprise me to see them take us to our limits and possibly beat us.

Don't waste your breath there. He claimed they sucked as the #17 team in the Country and that UM should hold their head in shame for daring to lose a 1 run mid week game to them.

We clearly got the easiest regional in the tournament. FAU as the #2 ? We should all go play powerball tonight.

FAU is a tougher 2 than FSU got with Southern Miss as 2. The NCAA still looks to save money on travel.

We may have the best #3 seed in our Regional as well.

#52 Long Beach State? You guys are really going out of your way to prepare for the inevitable here. What's next, Stetson is the next great power on the rise?

Advertisement

FAU is a damned good ball club. It wouldn't suprise me to see them take us to our limits and possibly beat us.

Don't waste your breath there. He claimed they sucked as the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=17]#17 [/URL] team in the Country and that UM should hold their head in shame for daring to lose a 1 run mid week game to them.

You mean right before they lost 3 out of 4 to FIU and UCF? Quick question: why isn't FAU #17 anymore?

No they're still number 17

But RPI, I know
Don't waste your breath there. He claimed they sucked as the [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=17]#17 [/URL] team in the Country and that UM should hold their head in shame for daring to lose a 1 run mid week game to them.

You mean right before they lost 3 out of 4 to FIU and UCF? Quick question: why isn't FAU #17 anymore?

But the RPI that puts smaller conference teams at natural disadvantage, I know.

But RPI, I know

C-USA isn't a "smaller conference". They have 12 teams. And you've gone out of your way to claim that they aren't a sht conference. So....why, exactly, are they at a disadvantage in the RPI?

But RPI, I know

C-USA isn't a "smaller conference". They have 12 teams. And you've gone out of your way to claim that they aren't a sht conference. So....why, exactly, are they at a disadvantage in the RPI?

Are you a special kind of stupid?? If you can't figure out I'm talking about competition then you shouldn't be talking about sports in general. I never said it wasn't because after Rice, Southern Miss, and La tech the talent drops but You used it as a reason why they're "second tier", completely s**ting on other teams that are good squads and completely forget how these teams have stepped out of their conference and beat top tier teams and winning their series with them.

Advertisement
Back