2025 Roster Discussion

Advertisement
Roster imbalance and nothing up the middle between C, SS and CF... Relax friend... JD needs to eradicate the poor culture as the new guy and understand that wins come last in sports...
who even is our C this year? crazy that I even have to ask that.

who even is our C this year? crazy that I even have to ask that.

Tanner Smith. It appears he got some mixed reviews here, but was also a priority for the staff.

Advertisement

Tanner Smith. It appears he got some mixed reviews here, but was also a priority for the staff.

Looks like hes a better defensive piece than a bat

I've been out of the loop a lot this off season. Do we have a projected depth chart now that the draft is over? I assume Dorian and Villages are back? Seems like a lot of the transfers were OFs so does Villegas even have a spot. Wish that SS from Indiana state was coming. Would feel a lot better about next season...

I've been out of the loop a lot this off season. Do we have a projected depth chart now that the draft is over? I assume Dorian and Villages are back? Seems like a lot of the transfers were OFs so does Villegas even have a spot. Wish that SS from Indiana state was coming. Would feel a lot better about next season...
Follow along this next week and you will see the finalization of the roster. You won't see the new players until Fall ball to see how they match up against the returning players as well as all the veteran portal guys.

Advertisement
IN ST kid signed (picked up an OH ST recruit at SS - S FL roots).

Walters' status is biggest unknown that remains, although Rafe and Gage haven't officially signed yet but have to believe that's negotiating strategy.

Lost Caba as UFA, and Dorian and Villegas are apparently returning.

Big rule changes from NCAA for 2025 on roster size and scholarships, and apparently when final roster must be set.

@scane updates in bold on pg1 (much appreciated btw).

Here’s what you need to know. Next years team will give up between 11-15 runs a game and challenge this years team as the worst ever.

J Dumbfounded, just needs a few years to recruit his guys. I believe if he is allowed to build the team his way, in year five, we should challenge for a spot in the ACC Tournament. Just ask Javi, Wicho, and Aroid.

This University hurts itself with the "Miami Guy" direction. Every "Miami" guy has been a complete bust. Schnellenberger (Indiana), Jimmy Johnson (Texas), Butch Davis (Oklahoma), Ron Frazier (New Jersey), Jim Morris (North Carolina), ALL have been successful. "Miami Guy", not so much.

Every "Miami Guy" busted. It's not in the nature to lead teams or organizations. To be such a prestigious University, it sure has some dumb a*&^%$ running it and influencing it.

Advertisement
J Dumbfounded, just needs a few years to recruit his guys. I believe if he is allowed to build the team his way, in year five, we should challenge for a spot in the ACC Tournament. Just ask Javi, Wicho, and Aroid.

This University hurts itself with the "Miami Guy" direction. Every "Miami" guy has been a complete bust. Schnellenberger (Indiana), Jimmy Johnson (Texas), Butch Davis (Oklahoma), Ron Frazier (New Jersey), Jim Morris (North Carolina), ALL have been successful. "Miami Guy", not so much.

Every "Miami Guy" busted. It's not in the nature to lead teams or organizations. To be such a prestigious University, it sure has some dumb a*&^%$ running it and influencing it.

The only "Miami Guy" who would have spectacular would have been Skip Bertman. The other Miami guys could have fared better if they had took the time to work at other programs, cut their teeth in the process.

I honestly dont know why a mid tier power school doesnt (like a Pitt) take a chance on a high level D2/D3 guy. Worst case you get rid of him 3 years later like they do with these assistants from D1's that they hire who got their start just because of where they played and who they know.

They actually have to get out and recruit, develop, and coach within the game. On top of it they start and grow their own camps. **** next go round Miami should just give it a go. Interview all the Florida JUCO's and D2's and see if any names keep popping up that have a lot of respect.

Advertisement
I honestly dont know why a mid tier power school doesnt (like a Pitt) take a chance on a high level D2/D3 guy. Worst case you get rid of him 3 years later like they do with these assistants from D1's that they hire who got their start just because of where they played and who they know.

They actually have to get out and recruit, develop, and coach within the game.
On top of it they start and grow their own camps. **** next go round Miami should just give it a go. Interview all the Florida JUCO's and D2's and see if any names keep popping up that have a lot of respect.
👆

They actually have to get out and recruit, develop, and coach within the game. On top of it they start and grow their own camps. **** next go round Miami should just give it a go. Interview all the Florida JUCO's and D2's and see if any names keep popping up that have a lot of respect.
Love this approach. On the JUCO level in Florida or Georgia, you probably have a few diamonds in the rough who are hungry and enthused. Miami would be a gift from Heaven.

JD has no enthusiasm and seems like he is still aggravated he was passed over for Gino. Some guys are assistant coaches and some are head guys. I actually thought Gino was.

Give a small college head coach or JUCO head coach a shot.

Advertisement
Back