2025 Roster Discussion

It has to be Lazaro right? Top 50 player. From the baseball group chat I’m in @Canesfreak can vouch. The guys I really like are Howard Tate Derais and Michael Fernandez. Fernandez has tons movement on his pitches.
thanks... Do you think we have a Yoyo/Cyr/Cuvet'ish type hitter of the FR making it to campus?

Advertisement
thanks... Do you think we have a Yoyo/Cyr/Cuvet'ish type hitter of the FR making it to campus?
not a chance brother lol. I'm truly wondering where any of them will see the field this season. Only positions is C, SS. We are very deep in the OF

not a chance brother lol. I'm truly wondering where any of them will see the field this season. Only positions is C, SS. We are very deep in the OF
Who is the 1B?
Is the kid Areizenga coming or going to sign? I'm guessing that after signing the Belen kid they think that he is signing.

Advertisement
I've heard he's good, would imagine we won't try bringing in another portal guy. Ik the Aiva kid from Washington still out there if we need.
I'd think you'd still want to bring another middle infielder if Areizaga signs. We were already looking for one before unexpectedly losing two to the draft.

The roster is definitely not perfectly balanced at the moment. You have too many outfielders and not much middle infield depth. Pitching staff is more skewed towards RHP vs LHP than usual too.

I'd think you'd still want to bring another middle infielder if Areizaga signs. We were already looking for one before unexpectedly losing two to the draft.

The roster is definitely not perfectly balanced at the moment. You have too many outfielders and not much middle infield depth. Pitching staff is more skewed towards RHP vs LHP than usual too.
I’d assume we’d ask someone from last years roster at outfield to leave rather than the transfer guys?

Id also assume we lose some pitchers from last years squad?

Advertisement
I’d assume we’d ask someone from last years roster at outfield to leave rather than the transfer guys?

Id also assume we lose some pitchers from last years squad?
The pitching imbalance probably is what it is. Every lefty on the team left (assuming Rafe signs), you lost your two top LHPs to the draft, and you've only signed a couple in the portal. Sometimes it works out that way. Not necessarily a problem, just something I'm sure they'll want to balance when they aren't doing a full tear down.

The outfield likely gets handled in the fall. I'd hope if you were asking one of the returners to leave before then, it would've been handled in June.

247 now reporting what we were alluding to earlier.

De Goti to the U.

Welcome.
Somebody will have to step up at the SS position, why not De Goti? Is Areizenga still a consideration or is he going to sign?
I'm not expecting much with the bat, but whoever plays SS, just give us stellar defense. I reminded a fellow fan today, Pitelli struggled as a freshman like most first year players do.

Somebody will have to step up at the SS position, why not De Goti? Is Areizenga still a consideration or is he going to sign?
I'm not expecting much with the bat, but whoever plays SS, just give us stellar defense. I reminded a fellow fan today, Pitelli struggled as a freshman like most first year players do.
He signed.

Advertisement
We have a lot of OF’s but none of the transfers are a true CF. Galvin can probably handle the position but his best spot is probably in one of the corners

The pitching imbalance probably is what it is. Every lefty on the team left (assuming Rafe signs), you lost your two top LHPs to the draft, and you've only signed a couple in the portal. Sometimes it works out that way. Not necessarily a problem, just something I'm sure they'll want to balance when they aren't doing a full tear down.

The outfield likely gets handled in the fall. I'd hope if you were asking one of the returners to leave before then, it would've been handled in June.
A lot of Corner OF’s, is Torres the only true CF we have?

Advertisement
A lot of Corner OF’s, is Torres the only true CF we have?
Good point that we don't have ideal roster balance within the outfield either. Villegas has and Galvin played some CF earlier in the summer, but to your point neither is really a true CF. Gaby played some in CF when Jacoby was out preseason, but again not ideal. Not sure about the other freshmen.

Good point that we don't have ideal roster balance within the outfield either. Villegas has and Galvin played some CF earlier in the summer, but to your point neither is really a true CF. Gaby played some in CF when Jacoby was out preseason, but again not ideal. Not sure about the other freshmen.
Roster imbalance and nothing up the middle between C, SS and CF... Relax friend... JD needs to eradicate the poor culture as the new guy and understand that wins come last in sports...

Some insight on our new S&C coach

While there's not depth, if Torres is as advertised, let him be the lead-off hitter/CF for the next three years and maximize our 2nd highest recruit's value.

If he struggles offensively, coaches need to help him work through it and not bench him.

Advertisement
Back