2025 Roster Discussion

Assuming everyone drafted today signs, we're currently at 43. Have to get another middle infielder for depth if nothing else.

Advertisement
What's the maximum number of guys we can have on a roster?
40 to start the season under the ever-extended COVID rules. We've started fall ball above the old cap of 35 before though, and it's not unusual for a couple signees not to arrive for one reason or another.

Assuming Collera makes it to campus, who has a breakdown of the top 5 incoming FR guys to be most excited about and/or most ready to contribute now?

Advertisement
Sounds like in the next 2-3 years the roster cap will go back to 32ish...maybe a touch more but full boats for everyone. But they may remove JV and Redshirts.

So some good news but some news that kind of sucks if you feel you have a sleeper and with a RS could develop into something9if that were to come through. I guess if you have a club team you could stash them there if you want to get creative around the rules.

They need to do something with roster sizes to keep these SEC teams etc. from stashing so many commits/players like they're doing.

It's almost back to what it was like when they created the rule to begin with.

(Yes, I follow a mid-major team so I'm in tune to these impacts)

They need to do something with roster sizes to keep these SEC teams etc. from stashing so many commits/players like they're doing.

It's almost back to what it was like when they created the rule to begin with.

(Yes, I follow a mid-major team so I'm in tune to these impacts)
In retrospect would love to hear a breakdown of Sam Perez when you if the time and if you have the care.

Sounds like in the next 2-3 years the roster cap will go back to 32ish...maybe a touch more but full boats for everyone. But they may remove JV and Redshirts.

So some good news but some news that kind of sucks if you feel you have a sleeper and with a RS could develop into something9if that were to come through. I guess if you have a club team you could stash them there if you want to get creative around the rules.
The club would still burn eligibility but definitely a way to stash

Advertisement
Hawaii right-handed pitcher Alex Giroux is transferring to Miami.
7-3 with a 3.43 ERA and one save in 21 games, five starts. Struck out 66 and walked 14 in 65 2/3 innings.

Looks like we got a weekend guy.

Another solid pick up. But not a difference maker. Although he will have a ton of college experience since he has been at 4 college and thrown a fair amount of innings. At this point we picked up mostly mid week starters. So we are depending on development between now and January to get some ACC Caliber Fri/Sat guys

Advertisement
Another solid pick up. But not a difference maker. Although he will have a ton of college experience since he has been at 4 college and thrown a fair amount of innings. At this point we picked up mostly mid week starters. So we are depending on development between now and January to get some ACC Caliber Fri/Sat guys
I wouldn’t label this latest pickup a mid week guy. They are in the same conference as UC Santa Barbera, UC Irvine, Long Beach, UC Davis, etc plus they played SDSU, Rice, NCSU and Ole Miss last year.

I wouldn’t label this latest pickup a mid week guy. They are in the same conference as UC Santa Barbera, UC Irvine, Long Beach, UC Davis, etc plus they played SDSU, Rice, NCSU and Ole Miss last year.
He gets it done not even hitting 90 lol

He gets it done not even hitting 90 lol
As well as the extensive travel schedule the Rainbow's endure throughout the season. I couldn't imagine trying to go to school with all those Pacific Coast trips and beyond every time you went on the road.

Advertisement
hopefully you guys are right. I should say these are mid week caliber starters in my eyes. We are not going to be winning the ACC with these arms on Friday/Saturday/Sunday for a whole season.

Excited to hear some fall reports in a few months. Hopefully a few pleasant surprises. Honestly if we win 30-35 games with this roster but just look better doing that I'd probably feel better. Like defense, base running, decision making etc.

Advertisement
Back