2025 Roster Discussion

If you go on twitter right now the portal is bordering on ridiculous.

Not a lot of guys who walk in and start on P5's Friday Night. But a lot of kids (a few who I have posted) who can be very good Saturday/Sunday guys, some big bats, some speed.

The job now is finding the right mix, developing the few you bring back and taking these portal kids up that notch or two and maybe they become a Friday guy.

Canes potential new catcher ! ? This guy just turned down University of Houston! Canes. Let’s go!

Advertisement

Newest Commit

have seen worse stats (this month)
1719874543596.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Alternately, I’m not as convinced as everyone else that Dorian doesn’t go on day 3. 2B could be an option too.
I’m with you and Dorian goes day three, 15 - 20. Vilar went then and while he became a catcher and Dorian’s arm wouldn’t play to that I don’t think it’s a stretch to imagine at all.

Ultimately my thought is he gets drafted last 5 and whether someone makes him an offer with enough flavor to make him leave what surely the outside community recognizes to be a very comfortable Coral Gables for him dictates whether he signs.

Nice pick up. Comparing our roster to last year i
I think with everything we lost (draft, grad, transfer, etc) we offensively are back to where we were when healthy last year but all these kids prob have much higher baseball Iq’s based off the schools they are coming from. So with that we are hopefully better on the bases and more aggressive, better defensively, and maybe even better at getting on base but a little less juice.

Pitching is still a big issue though.

Apparently Herick May have made himself a bit more money at the draft combine. Pitched ok but like some of us have discussed it was his stuff. His breaking ball had one of the highest spin rates at the event.

Advertisement
313/385/482 8 homers 45 rbis. Him and Gallen will have the biggest impact on this team next year so far. Very nice pickup

Really like the Ogden pickup. Wonder if he plays 3B and Cuvet plays 1B or what the plans are? Potentially the 2B if Dorian goes in the draft. Fielded .940 at 3rd and Cuvet was around .920. He also runs well 16/18 on stolen bases.

We now have at least 2 more proven position players than we have starting spots. Someone is going to platoon or transfer out. 7 guys - Marsh, Villegas, Renzo, Galvin, Hudson, Williams, and this kid - all have D1 production and 5 spots to play (3 OF slots, 1B or 3B, and DH). Doesn’t even count Michael Torres, Kulikowski, and other incoming freshmen. Good problem to have.

Alternately, I’m not as convinced as everyone else that Dorian doesn’t go on day 3. 2B could be an option too.
Even if he does, he should come back. I'd be amazed if he ever goes far in MLB. Not that I am rooting against him, as he's a solid college player. But, w little power and speed, I just don't see him as a MIF w the current prototype for that position in MLB.

And he's been treated well at Miami. Come back and help your alma mater get back into the playoffs your senior year.

Advertisement
Even if he does, he should come back. I'd be amazed if he ever goes far in MLB. Not that I am rooting against him, as he's a solid college player. But, w little power and speed, I just don't see him as a MIF w the current prototype for that position in MLB.

And he's been treated well at Miami. Come back and help your alma mater get back into the playoffs your senior year.
Day 3 bonus is 125K+ vs probably 10K for a senior in the same spot. That’s a lot of loyalty or a lot of NIL. There’s a reason Johnny Ruiz is the only drafted true junior to return in last 13 drafts.

In your opinion, how better would the batting lineup for next year be when compared to this year if we got someone like Randal Diaz
So hypothetically (ignoring freshmen)
C Smith
1B Ogden
2B Dorian?
SS Diaz
3B Cuvet
RF Williams
CF Galvin
LF Marsh
DH Hudson

You probably haven't replaced the absolute top end bat in Cyr, but you've replaced or upgraded everywhere except catcher (I'm a little skeptical) and LF (Cyr). Cyr is virtually irreplaceable but that feels like a nice jump overall. They've done a lot of what I meant when I said ask me what I think about Marsh in a month, assuming they do close in on a SS.

Starting pitching needs a big close though.

Advertisement
Back