2025 Roster Discussion

Some of the guys getting the work in

I know the lifters will kill me, but that specific lift has always looked like an injury waiting to happen to me. I know FB players do it alot but for baseball just looks like crazy stress on elbows.

Advertisement
I know the lifters will kill me, but that specific lift has always looked like an injury waiting to happen to me. I know FB players do it alot but for baseball just looks like crazy stress on elbows.
In college we did hang cleans with every lift. 4x per week. Can't say I ever recall it putting stress or feeling it on my elbows. Lower back, hips, and traps... absolutely.

That being said... I never had an arm injury or even soreness until college and then dealt repeatedly with tendonitis, forearm strains, a posterior elbow impingement, etc. in my right elbow over those same 3 years. All despite being deliberate in arm care, conditioning, rehab, prehab, and everything else.

In college we did hang cleans with every lift. 4x per week. Can't say I ever recall it putting stress or feeling it on my elbows. Lower back, hips, and traps... absolutely.

That being said... I never had an arm injury or even soreness until college and then dealt repeatedly with tendonitis, forearm strains, a posterior elbow impingement, etc. in my right elbow over those same 3 years. All despite being deliberate in arm care, conditioning, rehab, prehab, and everything else.
Hang cleans are crucial in building fast twitch muscle fibers and creating explosiveness.

I’ll also add on the guy they’re training with, Nick Soto, is one of the best in the business who trains college guys and pros. I know he trains Manny Machado and Denzel Perryman to name a few.

Hang cleans are crucial in building fast twitch muscle fibers and creating explosiveness.

I’ll also add on the guy they’re training with, Nick Soto, is one of the best in the business who trains college guys and pros. I know he trains Manny Machado and Denzel Perryman to name a few.
Our former trainer is now on staff at UCF.

Advertisement
When do we usually find out which HS kids are for sure making it to campus / enrolling?

When do we usually find out which HS kids are for sure making it to campus / enrolling?
Once they are enrolled and going to class in later August. So many things can happen between now and then.
Even though they have to sign their MLB contract in like another week. Still many situations can make kids not enroll....

Once they are enrolled and going to class in later August. So many things can happen between now and then.
Even though they have to sign their MLB contract in like another week. Still many situations can make kids not enroll....
Can you inform me on how fall ball works? I've seen people mention roster cuts. Can that happen at this level during fall and can we add guys during that time frame?

Can you inform me on how fall ball works? I've seen people mention roster cuts. Can that happen at this level during fall and can we add guys during that time frame?
We usually have a couple players get cut during the fall.

Mid-year additions are ineligible to play the following spring in a baseball specific rule. That's why Stanyek had to sit out after transferring from George Washington last fall.

Advertisement
I mean I’m all about big framed arms.

But this is another one where I’d feel great if we had a pitching lab and known for making chicken salad out of chicken ****. 6 more months of work, some tweaks. All the sudden he is 94-96 with some late life.

But it wouldn’t shock me if he is gone by January.

Needed another lefty. We're still 6 LHP out to 4 LHP in from last season.

Advertisement
Players on campus already. Mind you there will be cuts.

Advertisement
Players not on campus

(Expecting to come 99% sure)

No clue the situation on these two (I really like Fernandez)

Waiting to see if they go pro or come to campus

Players not on campus

Your time and effort putting this together is appreciated. Yes, there will be cuts coming in the fall as well as prior to school starting. The roster still has some dead weight on it.

Players not on campus

So of the ones on campus, who are your top 3 pitchers to be excited about? Obviously Collera #1.

So of the ones on campus, who are your top 3 pitchers to be excited about? Obviously Collera #1.
It has to be Lazaro right? Top 50 player. From the baseball group chat I’m in @Canesfreak can vouch. The guys I really like are Howard Tate Derais and Michael Fernandez. Fernandez has tons movement on his pitches.

Advertisement
Back