2025 Roster Discussion

Advertisement
But to be clear, I think Williams is going to hit for a lot of power. His batted ball profile characteristics really portend to Iso and extra base hits.

I'd bet he's in there somewhere every day.

This team should hit. They just probably are going to use a myriad of arms to cover the innings.

But to be clear, I think Williams is going to hit for a lot of power. His batted ball profile characteristics really portend to Iso and extra base hits.

I'd bet he's in there somewhere every day.

This team should hit. They just probably are going to use a myriad of arms to cover the innings.
A pitching coach for a manager who has a terrible staff that checks out.

Collera is considered the top rated pitcher in this recruiting class. For those in the know, who else should we keep an eye on this Fall?

Advertisement
Collera is considered the top rated pitcher in this recruiting class. For those in the know, who else should we keep an eye on this Fall?
LHP Ryan Ashford has a little Rafe type delivery, from the short video I saw on him. He'll be tough on LH hitters if he can control his FB and not hit every third one.

Honestly...Any Freshman who makes a position battle close I'd go youth. It could buy JD another year. I mean just take your lumps and sell it as a reset. Mix in Cuvet and a few of the transfers...I dont think we will be very good but I dont think we will be any worse then last year...probably about the same. But maybe a bit more scrappy. So like Scane said 32-35 wins is potentially there.

Im a homer but if he keeps his head on straight and keeps working I think DeRias can be the steal of the class. Has the stuff, the frame, etc to really be a big time arm.

If I was guessing today I would say the weekend rotation you want and hope works out (if we want traditional 5-6-7 inning starters) is Walters, Collera, and Robert. All 3 have different concerns.. injury/workload, freshman, and I question Robert's ability to be a starter because he didn't have a feel for repeatable mechanics or a consistent secondary pitch.

Olivera probably the dark horse with good stuff. He'll get a shot if 1 of those guys aren't ready or can't make the transition from reliever. He needs to take a big step in development this off season but I think he could be a very good ACC pitcher. He was running it up to 94 mph in the fall going into his senior year and then was 89-91 since then. He needs that extra juice to come back. Jordan Vargas is an even darker horse.

Rob Evans probably the best shot to be a traditional weekend arm from the guys we brought in from the portal. Needs to learn to pitch but the stuff is there. Giroux doesn't seem to fit that mold. He seems to be more of a middle relief/opener kind of guy. Jackson Cleveland is probably the best "pitcher" we brought in and probably the guy we turn to in middle relief in a jam. Comes in and puts out fires. Fischer seems like a logical midweek starter. Lumpkin, Hugus, and Smith seem like late inning guys.

Besides Collera.. I think Michael Fernandez may have the most ready to pitch at the college level stuff of any arm we signed the 2024 class. DeRias has all the tools but I need to see them put together. If Fernandez was 6'2 he's probably signing for about $5M right now.

As of august I feel this is going to be the worst miami team in school history. Will wait for some reports to come out from fall ball to potentially change the tune to one of the top 5 worst miami teams of all time.

No matter how you slice it we’re not going dancing again next year

Advertisement
Walters, Vargas, Robert feel like SP candidates to my untrained eye.

Do we have the pitching unit to just have the starters go 4innings and then platoon all the relievers?? instead of hoping they can go 6innings?

Do we have the pitching unit to just have the starters go 4innings and then platoon all the relievers?? instead of hoping they can go 6innings?
Time will tell ...I know everyone wants to be a starter. Yes, it worked out for Palm....keep Walters as the back end of the bullpen.
It would be nice to have an ace go 6-7 in Friday ....the weekend rotation will be a series of 5-6 guys throughout the season with guys going 3-4+ innings.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back