2024 OL Isendre “Papa” Ahfua

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that as if I've won anything. As you said we all lose and I'm truly disappointed for us all. I said it more as if maybe you'll pause the next time you want to shame us for being skeptical before you decide to be.
I have no dog in this fight and I respect OBM as he's one of the top tier posters on here...

But your point about being disappointed doesn't begin to cover it. No one should be cheering about being right that this class sucks right now. We're all 'Canes at the end of the day (I think), and for what resources are being allocated to the program plus the money being spent on a head coach whose speciality is acquiring talent...the return on this '24 class has been nothing short of dismal.

Something needs to be changed, fixed, altered, whatever....and asap. This is embarrassing. Unacceptable...and it might get worse.

There is literally zero excuse not to land one of Franklin or Breland. No financial excuse, no recruiting excuse...nothing. Get it done. Forget both at this point - for f^ck's sake, land one.

Advertisement
We went 5-7 and in the ACC. That **** ain’t gonna cut it. Staff is not the problem, IMO, because we are clearly in it for a lot of guys.

Have to have a good product and win games.

The Tallahassee Booty Holes this time last year, got worked on the trail. Went out and won 10 games and that’s why they are where they are now.

WE HAVE TO WIN

What was A&Ms record last year? Asking for a friend.
Tell your friend they are in the SEC. Playing in that conference holds weight over ACC. And obviously they have big NIL. Miami will probably never have that (top 3 in the country) Your talking one extreme

We went 5-7 and in the ACC. That **** ain’t gonna cut it. Staff is not the problem, IMO, because we are clearly in it for a lot of guys.

Have to have a good product and win games.

The Tallahassee Booty Holes this time last year, got worked on the trail. Went out and won 10 games and that’s why they are where they are now.

WE HAVE TO WIN
We have to pay.

Advertisement
I have no dog in this fight and I respect OBM as he's one of the top tier posters on here...

But your point about being disappointed doesn't begin to cover it. No one should be cheering about being right that this class sucks right now. We're all 'Canes at the end of the day (I think), and for what resources are being allocated to the program plus the money being spent on a head coach whose speciality is acquiring talent...the return on this '24 class has been nothing short of dismal.

Something needs to be changed, fixed, altered, whatever....and asap. This is embarrassing. Unacceptable...and it might get worse.

There is literally zero excuse not to land one of Franklin or Breland. No financial excuse, no recruiting excuse...nothing. Get it done. Forget both at this point - for f^ck's sake, land one.
Freeze has roots in the Memphis area and coached in Mississippi. He ain’t letting Franklin get away.

If Ahfua and Cole updates weren't enough, 247 Miami site had some poster saying that some FSU writers were getting close to putting in a flip for Artavius.

Sadly the way things are going, this wouldn't surprise me (although I think he sticks...for now). FSU must have cracked the code and found out landing big-time players by actually spending money (on top of their winning season) would generate momentum...genius. Not sure Miami hasn't thought of that this cycle.

Class would be in the 20's if that were to happen, by the way.
Prison Mike’s strategy is certainly paying off.

1. 2021/2022: Identify a significant number of portal players to shore up glaring weaknesses across multiple positions on your team. Let other programs worry about high school recruiting rankings. With few exceptions, high school kids cannot help you immediately. Portal players provide immediate returns.

2. Spring 2022: Convince these portal players that it’s their final chance to impress and play at the next level. Squeeze every drop out of them to maximize wins. [NOTE: They “hit” on just about every Portal player]

3. Fall 2022: Out scheme your opponents and provide real, tangible results on the field for boosters, fans and high school kids to see.

4. Spring 2023: Leverage your on-field results to convince boosters and others to invest desperately needed funds back into the program to compete with Miami and others who are ahead when it comes to NIL programs. Boosters want to see a return on their investment and you now have the business case to provide a compelling return. Launch a communication strategy with national media to promote f$u as a national championship contender.

5. Summer 2023: Combine your newly created “top-end” NIL deals with your national recognition to aggressively go after high school kids and sign a Top 5 class.

6. Spring 2024: Use the Portal only as needed to address your needs and fill voids without sacrificing high school recruiting.

7. Balance of 2024: Rinse & repeat.

That’s an oversimplification but it’s essentially what Prison Mike did. The one part not covered above is this year’s results. If they succeed, watch out. If they fall flat on their face (3+ losses) like many of us (including me) expect, then the story loses steam.

WE NEED TO WIN THIS YEAR TO CHANGE OUR NARRATIVE.

Advertisement
how many teams in the top 10 right now were able to buy their way into that recruiting ranking because of NIL. None. they all win.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

That doesn't mean anything. Do you believe just because we text and call kids a ton that means we are doing a better job than other programs? Newsflash, it doesn't. That's literally the least of it.

I would venture to say things such as playing for a winning program, or one that is even relevant, relationships between coaches and the recruit, showing recruits a track record of development by there respective coach and plan on how they will be utilized amongst a ton of other things is what matters. Not blowing kids up all day.
Nah I raised something similar when Mario was first being discussed as HC. My concern was he was in basically a bubble in Oregon. Chip made oregon cool with his fast offense and new nike uniforms every week. For the record, I do think Mario is a very good recruiter. Just listening to him speak you can pick up on that. But like you said he had wins, he had Nike $ behind him, he also had not much in terms of local comp. USC was down bad, who else west of the State of Texas was going into that footprint? Washington maybe? Oregon State? Utah? Again, not saying those are not good teams, they are but going up against them and against Bama, UGA, A&M etc. is much more difficult. For any kid who didnt want to travel east, Mario had the upper hand by virtue of the demographic.

And I get what you are saying, outrecruited does not mean out worked. No one can question Mario's love for UM and his desire for it to succeed and he will work many sleepless nights to try and accomplish that. But just because you call the hottest chick MORE than the next dude does not mean you are winning, it just means you are calling more, that is it.

I think there is also a mix of numerous things in play here and you cant just point to NIL or coaches etc. It seems like we have cast a very wide net and likely parsed out our NIL based on that huge net, well now we are going against UGA for someone against the top of our board, but then we are also going against A&M for someone second on our board but that A&M is treating like a priority, then add in NIL while being "close" isn't cutting it, we heard last year numerous times UM wasnt the highest offer, but we just needed to be in the ballpark, why that has changed now (assuming it was true) was because of how bad last season was, still not having a conference, and turning over 80% of the coaching staff in a single year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Texas A&M, Texas bought their way into it multiple years. Each had a 5-7 record in the past 2 years, just like us. We have to pay. Simple
Texas AM is the extreme. How’s Texas recruiting doing now? They have the same issue.

If we wanna win, we have to pay. Its not complicated. Complain, blame the staff whatever. Them man who trying to build a a spaceship facility. Build a NFL roster with the money poota

Advertisement
If we wanna win, we have to pay. Its not complicated. Complain, blame the staff whatever. Them man who trying to build a a spaceship facility. Build a NFL roster with the money poota
Michigan NIL ain’t ours, and they top 5….

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back