2024 OL Isendre “Papa” Ahfua

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
View attachment 249859
That ain’t moving the needle anymore?
They brought in 2 class in the top 5 back to back. They cant sell early PT no more. They will be fine at the end of the cycle. Go check Texas A&M last cycle and see how they started and how they finished. Man was going at them about buying the 2022 class, they just chilled and up the bags late. Texas will too. Bank on it

Our HC is getting paid $80mil and he has VASTLY FAILED at 70% of his job. From staffing, player development, game planning, getting his team ready to play, in game coaching, utilizing systems that match your players skill set, and so on and so forth. The only thing he has done decent was closed out the 2022 class and the 2023 class. EVERYTHING ELSE HE IS A FAILURE

Our HC is directly responsible for all aspects of our program and he is very much underwhelming right now. Anyone who thinks differently is now a sunshine pumper/rose colored glasses kind of person. We have the highest paid CORCH in Murica right now. I so hope he changes that this season.

I’ve said that it’s unrealistic to expect to consistently land recruits from the opposite coast so I’m not going to dismiss “distance”. However, Miami didn’t just suddenly become far from Seattle. We knew that going in yet choose to target him and prioritize him over other recruits closer to here. Enough excuses, It’s a huge miss regardless of distance. Don’t give a **** whether it’s NIL, 5-7, distance, new coordinators just get it done.

We went 5-7 and in the ACC. That **** ain’t gonna cut it. Staff is not the problem, IMO, because we are clearly in it for a lot of guys.

Have to have a good product and win games.

The Tallahassee Booty Holes this time last year, got worked on the trail. Went out and won 10 games and that’s why they are where they are now.

WE HAVE TO WIN
Miami only has to win because they’re not spending money. As stated earlier, it’s one or the other. You can’t be a loser and not spend.. doesn’t work that way. But can Mario win if we don’t spend? That’s the real question.

Advertisement
I’ve said that it’s unrealistic to expect to consistently land recruits from the opposite coast so I’m not going to dismiss “distance”. However, Miami didn’t just suddenly become far from Seattle. We knew that going in yet choose to target him and prioritize him over other recruits closer to here. Enough excuses, It’s a huge miss regardless of distance. Don’t give a **** whether it’s NIL, 5-7, distance, new coordinators just get it done.
Yep. Especially since we have been told many times that we are in it for him.

View attachment 249859
That ain’t moving the needle anymore?
They're battling LSU for five stars Simmons and Dominik McKinley, the latter who will announce in early September I think.

They're also very much in it for five-star WRs Terry Bussey, Ryan Wingo and Micah Hudson (they probably land one minimum, maybe two), local five-star DB Kobe Black, local Top100 DL Nigel Smith, Wardell Mack, etc.

See - here's the difference between Miami and Texas. Apart from Texas having four less commits, this is what we were being sold on...big-game hunting late. There's some truth to the top-50 kids wanting to announce a little later in the process, which is totally acceptable. Those are the guys they're battling for. Instead, we're still adding 0 star and 3-star kids, almost at 20 recruits with a pi$$ poor average rating.

Who do we have momentum for?

What was A&Ms record last year? Asking for a friend.
We were 5-7 in the coRstal and they were 5-7 in the SEC West. Do you really believe all 5-7 records are the same? Our best game of the year was against a terrible GT team. They beat LSU and lost to Bama other last play.

Yes they severely underperformed but their roster is light years better than ours.

Advertisement
Regardless of wether it’s nil related or not, it sure as **** is gonna be difficult to convince people other wise.
And having all the Ruiz sht all
over social media doesn’t help the narrative that we are broke and it was all him.

Our HC is getting paid $80mil and he has VASTLY FAILED at 70% of his job. From staffing, player development, game planning, getting his team ready to play, in game coaching, utilizing systems that match your players skill set, and so on and so forth. The only thing he has done decent was closed out the 2022 class and the 2023 class. EVERYTHING ELSE HE IS A FAILURE

Our HC is directly responsible for all aspects of our program and he is very much underwhelming right now. Anyone who thinks differently is now a sunshine pumper/rose colored glasses kind of person. We have the highest paid CORCH in Murica right now. I so hope he changes that this season.
clearly wasn't an impressive first year on the job but grade is definitely an Incomplete after year 1 not an F. newly hired coaches usually do not get F's when the rebuild job is as big as this job was/is.

They're battling LSU for five stars Simmons and Dominik McKinley, the latter who will announce in early September I think.

They're also very much in it for five-star WRs Terry Bussey, Ryan Wingo and Micah Hudson (they probably land one minimum, maybe two), local five-star DB Kobe Black, local Top100 DL Nigel Smith, Wardell Mack, etc.

See - here's the difference between Miami and Texas. Apart from Texas having four less commits, this is what we were being sold on...big-game hunting late. There's some truth to the top-50 kids wanting to announce a little later in the process, which is totally acceptable. Those are the guys they're battling for. Instead, we're still adding 0 star and 3-star kids, almost at 20 recruits with a pi$$ poor average rating.

Yep, I stated this in the Simmons thread.
Feels like that cryptic text to DMoney was the same as when JoJo committed. Last time he got that text it was to pressure a lean to commit to keep some momentum, because those connected knew it was going south…. Feels the same way again. Then after we whiff on another 3/4 targets, Patterson will pop to try and hide the actual issue at hand.

Yeah the distance from Seattle to Coral Gables is probably less travel time than Seattle to TAMU bumble Texas.

Edit: I just checked it is so not sure this makes any sense

Texas to Washington is closer than Coral Gables to Washington. It’s not much closer as it’s an hr further by plane, but it’s closer nonetheless.

Advertisement

I get it. Agree to disagree. I strongly believe winning and our NIL will be fine for recruiting. Our NiL didn’t disappear and it’s been said multiple times from several people are NIL didn’t disappear and it was never/ isn’t/ will never be top 5 in the country.

We are still top 20 now in recruiting and there is momentum in places. It’s kinda foolish to think we would be top 5 or top 10 the summer before this season starts coming off of 5 wins.

All teams in the top 15 are coming off of winning seasons. The two exceptions are UF AM. We will never have the AM money.

If we win 8-10 games there’s no reason are class isn’t back into top 10 range. But right now it’s not going to be top 5 or 10 because of last season. If we had the greatest NIL it’s still fringe that, the product is just too bad until the season is played.

Texas to Washington is closer than Coral Gables to Washington. It’s not much closer as it’s an hr further by plane, but it’s closer nonetheless.
Closer? Yes. But takes longer to get there so what’s the difference? If TAMU was in Dallas sure, but not college station. Logistically you are flying to Dallas and then have a layover and are taking another flight. There’s severely direct flights per day from Seattle to Miami which would be less travel time than getting to the middle of nowhere Texas. Even if it was slightly more time, if you are going all the way to Texas, distance is not a factor. This isn’t Oregon or Washington.

Imagine where we would be right now if we didn’t fire manure. I shudder at the possibility.

Don’t get me wrong right now sucks but if Mario didn’t come the investment would suck and the recruiting would suck worse
Though I agree it would have been a disaster keeping Manny and we sure as **** wouldn’t have landed the class we had last year, but we sure could have used some of Mario’s 80million toward NIL. I don’t think this years class is much than Manny was pulling. We’re getting absolutely punked on the trail right now.

Advertisement
We were 5-7 in the coRstal and they were 5-7 in the SEC West. Do you really believe all 5-7 records are the same? Our best game of the year was against a terrible GT team. They beat LSU and lost to Bama other last play.

Yes they severely underperformed but their roster is light years better than ours.
5-7 is 5-7, saying anything after that is just a waste of typing. Why is their roster light years better than ours? Why is Papa about to go to A&M? The answer is the same for both questions.

Though I agree it would have been a disaster keeping Manny and we sure as **** wouldn’t have landed the class we had last year, but we sure could have used some of Mario’s 80million toward NIL. I don’t think this years class is much than Manny was pulling. We’re getting absolutely punked on the trail right now.
People wouldn’t be spending that money if Manny was the coach

I get it. Agree to disagree. I strongly believe winning and our NIL will be fine for recruiting. Our NiL didn’t disappear and it’s been said multiple times from several people are NIL didn’t disappear and it was never/ isn’t/ will never be top 5 in the country.

We are still top 20 now in recruiting and there is momentum in places. It’s kinda foolish to think we would be top 5 or top 10 the summer before this season starts coming off of 5 wins.

All teams in the top 15 are coming off of winning seasons. The two exceptions are UF AM. We will never have the AM money.

If we win 8-10 games there’s no reason are class isn’t back into top 10 range. But right now it’s not going to be top 5 or 10 because of last season. If we had the greatest NIL it’s still fringe that, the product is just too bad until the season is played.
Yeah if we paid, we would be in the top 10. I know the game we in. We either wanna win or we wanna make excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back