2024 OL Isendre “Papa” Ahfua

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it NIL or the coaching staff? The issue has to be somewhere.

VERY easy to negatively recruit against Miami right now. Not saying Miami has nothing to sell, of course they always will. But if you're looking into reasons to NOT go to Miami, it's very, very easy at the moment:

- What conference are you going to be playing in? You can come here and play in the SEC, or you can go to Miami and play against.....who?
- Yeah, we stunk last year or the year before, but Miami has stunk for 20 years
- You need an elite QB to win. They can't get anybody at that position to go there
- Mario can't field an offense. You see how bad they were on that side of the ball last year?
- Ruiz is broke

That took about 12 seconds off the top of my head. I think the college coaches around the country can make that 500x better and more thorough.

Bottom line, last year was EXTREMELY bad. Like, it's almost impossible to completely wash the stink off it as just a "one off"....plus you don't get the benefit of the doubt when you've been pretty bad overall for the entire lifetimes of some of these kids. I won't claim to know the inner workings of NIL, but people who do know it better than me are saying it's competitive, at worst. So I don't think we're losing kids simply due to being outbid. It's a combination of things.

I will say this, though. Things look really bad now. But I will continue to try to take a step back from this and wait until the ink is dry. Mario pulled a miracle in his first class here, then his first "real" class last year was the best we've ever signed. It's fine to not like the way this smells right now, but until the ink is dry, I will let him do his thing and then judge how good/bad/acceptable it is.

Advertisement
Should also mention Huffman is in with Wiltfong here.

Has anyone giving any thought that we just are simply being outrecruited in it's entirety? Not just on the NIL front.

Listen, I know everyone believes that Mario is some savant when it comes to recruiting, however, I think many have truly overestimated him on that front. Is he a very good recruiter? Absolutely!

But we are still talking about someone who never recruited a top 5 class while at Oregon. Not sure why anyone expected that here, when couldn't do it at Oregon where he actually had success on the field winning back to back Pac-12 ships and a ton of money behind him. ****, he never strung together back to back top 10 classes.

The reality is, nothing has ever pointed to Mario being a HC who will bring in top 5 classes or even string together back to back top 10 classes because he has never done it. Many hoped he would because of the new found investment into the program and paying the man $8M per year, but he is coming off a 5-7 season and recruits clearly are not buying into the "vision" as of now.

This cycyle has proven one thing. Mario cannot outrecruit his failures on the field. He is not someone we can expect to recruit top 10 classes regardless of on the field results, which I for one believe should be the expectation (not top 5) considering he doesn't bring much as a coach.

With that being said, he still has time to improve on this class. It just might take us having to show it on the field. And that is where I know many are bothered, because many believed his recruiting success was not attached to winning.

Has anyone giving any thought that we just are simply being outrecruited in it's entirety? Not just on the NIL front.

Listen, I know everyone believes that Mario is some savant when it comes to recruiting, however, I think many have truly overestimated him on that front. Is he a very good recruiter? Absolutely!

But we are still talking about someone who never recruited a top 5 class while at Oregon. Not sure why anyone expected that here, when couldn't do it at Oregon where he actually had success on the field winning back to back Pac-12 ships and a ton of money behind him. ****, he never strung together back to back top 10 classes.

The reality is, nothing has ever pointed to Mario being a HC who will bring in top 5 classes or even string together back to back top 10 classes because he has never done it. Many hoped he would because of the new found investment into the program and paying the man $8M per year, but he is coming off a 5-7 season and recruits clearly are not buying into the "vision" as of now.

This cycyle has proven one thing. Mario cannot outrecruit his failures on the field. He is not someone we can expect to recruit top 10 classes regardless of on the field results, which I for one believe should be the expectation (not top 5) considering he doesn't bring much as a coach.

With that being said, he still has time to improve on this class. It just might take us having to show it on the field. And that is where I know many are bothered, because many believed his recruiting success was not attached to winning.
Only problem with your theory is it seems every kid that's interviewed says Miami calls the most or texts the most. 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement
Think another part that is being missed is the market shift. Ruiz (for as much of a clown as he is) was the tone setter in the NIL market.

He was writing the book on how to get these deals done. Collectives were behind, and we took advantage. They’ve caught up now, yesterdays price, ain’t todays price.

The good (great contracts, good money, all by the book) in which Miami was operating last year has now become the standard.

Fong ball to A&M
Recruiting thread vibes.. 🤕

woof-macaulay-culkin.gif

Advertisement
Insiders might be getting told “the money is good, we’re straight” because those close to program are operating off same budget as last year…. Except that budget last year aint the price this year. So I get the disconnect.

If Canes had 8Ms for retention & recruits last year and have 8Ms this year, it makes sense to say money ain’t an issue. Until 8Ms is now 4/5Ms based off the going rates.

Only problem with your theory is it seems every kid that's interviewed says Miami calls the most or texts the most. 🤷‍♂️

That doesn't mean anything. Do you believe just because we text and call kids a ton that means we are doing a better job than other programs? Newsflash, it doesn't. That's literally the least of it.

I would venture to say things such as playing for a winning program, or one that is even relevant, relationships between coaches and the recruit, showing recruits a track record of development by there respective coach and plan on how they will be utilized amongst a ton of other things is what matters. Not blowing kids up all day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Think another part that is being missed is the market shift. Ruiz (for as much of a clown as he is) was the tone setter in the NIL market.

He was writing the book on how to get these deals done. Collectives were behind, and we took advantage. They’ve caught up now, yesterdays price, ain’t todays price.

The good (great contracts, good money, all by the book) in which Miami was operating last year has now become the standard.
The position we've put ourselves in over the course of the past 14 months is nothing short of problematic, worrisome, and desperate.

Ok...so our NIL is competitive...but it's not enough to come close to OU, UF, Auburn, Texas A&M, Texas...ok then.

Now you add the programs that get the benefit of the doubt because they've established a winning culture (either recently or in the past decade)...Ohio State, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Michigan, Oregon, USC, LSU, Penn State, Notre Dame, FSU, etc.

We're in some sort of College Football purgatory where we're not out-spending like the first group, and we certainly aren't winning as much as the second group. Two paths we can take. Spend more money, or win more. They both should lead to the same place. Considering our Head Coach was hired to acquire talent, the administration and its boosters should be doing everything in their power to help him accomplish his goals...by whatever means necessary.

Enough excuses. Get it done already. Wake the f^ck up.

I think there are a lot of people that are living in denial here or simply can't put the facts together. As much as I hate to say it the Canes are a lower tier team in one of the worst conferences in the country. In my opinion wins are the most important thing on the UM agenda this coming season. Mario needs to put a 9-10 win season and if he doesn't recruiting will get more diffcult. For those who think it's unattainable I say do your research on teams and you'll see it is. My two losses are FSU and Clemson. I believe we can and should win the rest if are coaches are up to the task.

Go look at the KJ Bolden CBs on 247. 2 man with 6 confidence and 2 man with 7. He was also wrong on Justin Scott and Dylan Stewart. Aint believing none of them CB's
You pointed out 3 guys. He has over a 91.4% accuracy rate in 2024 kids. Sure there's a chance he's wrong again...but it ain't big.

Delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back