2018 nfl combine thread

Agree. I didn't wanna say anything and sound pessimistic but I agree with you. People think he had a great combine and I don't see it. By coming in at 280lbs, running slow and jumping poor, he basically solidified himself as a tweener. Like you said, he would've been better off coming in around 270.

I think he needs to drop some weight before his pro day.

Drop weight FOR WHAT??...Better off coming in at 270 for what reason?. Hes a strong side end regardless.

Did you see what i posted for the dends taking last year in the first?. Derek Barnett ran a 4.88 at 20 pounds less than Chad and he got a ring with the Eagles.

Chad timed better than Jonathan Allen the uspposed freak from Bama.

I dont know what yall were looking for or expecting from a strong side dend type?. He isnt Clowney, Hassan Reddick, or Von Miller.

Advertisement
Drop weight FOR WHAT??...Better off coming in at 270 for what reason?. Hes a strong side end regardless.

Did you see what i posted for the dends taking last year in the first?. Derek Barnett ran a 4.88 at 20 pounds less than Chad and he got a ring with the Eagles.

I dont know what yall were looking for or expecting from a strong side dend type?. He isnt Clowney, Hassan Reddick, or Von Miller.

You don't think he would've benefited by having better numbers?

You don't think he would've benefited by having better numbers?

Jonathan Allen was a ******* DT - 34DE! So what does it matter Chad timed better than him....Chad wants to be a 43 DE.

Again, why the **** is Chad 280lbs if hes doing LB drills? You don't see the **** problem with that? You don't see how being 10lbs heavier could reduce his 40 time and vert/broad jumps?

Come on dude. You seriously think he did good at the combine? Did you even look at his spider chart? The measurables are all good like I said, But his ******* actual athleticism testing results were pretty poor. a 4.91 40 for a SDE is not good. He clearly, basedon his combine numbers, isn't a very good athlete at 281lbs. And he doesn't NEED to be that heavy eithter. Its adding weight for no reason. 275lbs is the most he should be unless he's playing 34DE, like I said.

OT, but Shaquem Griffin ran a 4.38 and benched 20 at 227 pounds. He's getting drafted.

How hilarious is it that Griffin beat Barkley's 40 time??!?!

Just yesterday everyone was crowning Barkley as the new superman running back and the greatest thing the combine has ever seen...

And then he gets outrun by a one-handed linebacker with a gut who barely even got an invite.

(And that's not a knock against Griffin, BTW. What that dude has accomplished athletically is amazing).

How hilarious is it that Griffin beat Barkley's 40 time??!?!

Just yesterday everyone was crowning Barkley as the new superman running back and the greatest thing the combine has ever seen...

And then he gets outrun by a one-handed linebacker with a gut who barely even got an invite.

(And that's not a knock against Griffin, BTW. What that dude has accomplished athletically is amazing).

Griffin running a 4.38 does not make Barkley's 4.41 any less impressive.
Griffin is faster than most people at the combine not just Barkley.

Advertisement
Griffin running a 4.38 does not make Barkley's 4.41 any less impressive.
Griffin is faster than most people at the combine not just Barkley.
maybe if Barkley was 6 lbs lighter matching Griffins weight at 227lbs instead of running at 233lbs he would have matched his 40 time.

its crazy what a couple extra pounds can do to someones 40 time....(wonder if this affected Chad...hmm)

Advertisement
what are you even talking about?. Thats his weight and he carries it well. He has shown his versatility. He can Be a 3-4 end or a 4-3 strongside end with ability to move inside on passing downs. Chad even did the olb drills and looked smoother than ***n Arden Key who is like 220 pds. What the **** are you talking about. Chad is a mid round guy and a 40 time wasnt changing that. He did well at the Combine. At the end of the day...another Liberty City kid will be drafted in the top 3 rounds of the draft.
Is McFadden another McArthur kid gogeta4?

McFadden ran 4.67
I remember the year he had all those picks. Like eight I think. Everyone was pegging him as lockdown, but every pick I saw him make, was the result of a ****** throw, or the ball coming right to him. Including the pick Kaaya threw in the end zone...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol at anyone saying chad had a bad day because his 40 time..... when do they ever run 40 yards in a straight line? Not often at all. The ten yard split is most important for a dline which chad had I believe a 1.70 which is pretty good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back