2018 nfl combine thread

Terrell Davis and LT must have the same "homer blindness" when they talk up Walton.

Walton was limping against Duke and FSU. Watch him against NC State when he lit up Bradley Chubb in pass pro and ran all over that NFL front.

The more I think about, the more I expect him to be better than Duke in the league. Neither guy will be a bell cow runner, but Walton is the same caliber receiver and better blocker and red zone runner.
That game wasn't this year.

Advertisement
Reconcile that with d money saying he was "one of the best running backs in the country when he was on the field"
That is the only statement I was addressing.

He was first team pre-season All-ACC. He was running like a mad man before he turned his ankle.

Everybody considered him one of the top backs in the country.

He was first team pre-season All-ACC. He was running like a mad man before he turned his ankle.

If a pre season watch list and two games against lower division teams is enough for you to support your clearly hyperbolic statement, I'll just walk away because this obviously won't go anywhere.

If a pre season watch list and two games against lower division teams is enough for you to support your clearly hyperbolic statement, I'll just walk away because this obviously won't go anywhere.

Where do you think he gets drafted? You think he's one of the Top 10 backs picked?

Put it on the record.

Advertisement
LOL at the hyperbolic chamber guys are creating for Walton.

He was incredible against Toledo. And so was everyone else who had at least one natural leg. I saw my boy Stumpy Malone, who lost both legs to a childhood magic trick, put 150 on Toledo.

Dude in all your comparisons, Walton is THE MOST COMPARABLE based solely on the combine.
Yes Duke is a better comparison than cooper is for Walton.....based on the Combine! Literally everything is as close or close - from measurements to drills - than Cooper is to him.

Ultimately no one thinks Walton will be as good as Duke..

Fine - Dukes overall combine was closer to Duke.

I'll dop it IF.....you can point out which part of this statement is false - Walton is closer to Graig Cooper in height, weight, 40 time, and vertical. Walton is closer to Duke in in broad jump.

And D$ just talked himself from Walton being as good as Duke to better than Duke in this thread. So yes, there are smart football people that think Walton will be as good as Duke.

Advertisement
And D$ just talked himself from Walton being as good as Duke to better than Duke in this thread. So yes, there are smart football people that think Walton will be as good as Duke.

As good or better than Duke in the pros, if healthy. Duke obviously had the better college career.

LOL at the hyperbolic chamber guys are creating for Walton.

He was incredible against Toledo. And so was everyone else who had at least one natural leg. I saw my boy Stumpy Malone, who lost both legs to a childhood magic trick, put 150 on Toledo.

Bingo. This is a Toledo team that lost by 28 to Ohio and 34 to App St.

The week before Toledo played Miami - Tulsa had 423 yds rushing and had 3 players put up 130+ yds rushing. Toledo was not a good team.

The thing that makes it look better is Homer had a bad game vs. Toledo, only going 8 for 32 and 2 TD's.

Terrell Davis and LT must have the same "homer blindness" when they talk up Walton.

Walton was limping against Duke and FSU. Watch him against NC State when he lit up Bradley Chubb in pass pro and ran all over that NFL front.

The more I think about, the more I expect him to be better than Duke in the league. Neither guy will be a bell cow runner, but Walton is the same caliber receiver and better blocker and red zone runner.

1) A lot of people had talked themselves into liking Walton thinking he was a 4.4 type guy. The realization that Walton is a 4.6 guy is going to make a lot of people rethink their evaluations.

CBS, USA Today, Pro Football Weekly, PFF - all listed Walton as a Loser after the Combine:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...uon-barkley-isnt-the-only-winner-from-friday/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...rs-draft-saquon-barkley-josh-allen/396404002/
http://www.profootballweekly.com/20...ombine-winners-and-losers-on-offense/a1btp9x/
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-25-takeaways-from-the-nfl-combine

2) Walton was not limping against Duke & FSU. He tweaked it late vs. Duke, and then he was, but during both games the commentators said the ankle looked fine. You said on a podcast right before the FSU game that all indications in practice was that he was 100%. Was Walton even held out of practice because of the ankle?

I'm not saying Walton was 100%. He was nicked up for sure, but it was minor injury, not a major one. How many games did Duke play while dealing with minor injuries? 90% of the RB's drafted this year will have played multiple games while dealing with minor injuries. The ankle has been blown out of proportion.

3) Go back and watch the NC St. game.....just don't watch the 1st half. Walton was 8-19 yds, while Yearby had 2-15 yds in the first half. Yearby got 0 carries in the 2nd half and Walton went off for his best game (half) of his career.

Advertisement
Where do you think he gets drafted? You think he's one of the Top 10 backs picked?

Put it on the record.

This one is easy.

No - he won't be one of the Top 10 RB's drafted. No doubt in my mind. Totally regardless of how you feel about him as a player - his lack of athleticism takes him out of that conversation.

If you're looking at Devonta Freeman & James White going in the 4th as a comp for Walton - I'll tell you that 2014 draft was the worst RB draft ever. And Freeman went 9th and White 13th. Bishop Sankey was the 1st RB taken. Kadeem Carey went 11th at 207 lb. 4.67.

I'm saying he goes in the 6th - and that's largely based on the Richt talking up Walton to NFL GM's. Richt LOVES Walton.

I think Walton is an NFL journeyman for a year or two - much like Javarris James, Damien Berry & Jarrett Payton.

Dedrick Mills was also first team pre-season All-ACC. Jacques Patrick and Travon McMillian were 3rd & 4th in votes.

Walton played 2 games before the ankle. One was BCU where he averaged 10 ypc. Homer also averaged 10 ypc in that game. Walton also averaged 8.5 yds against BCU as a Freshman when everyone agrees he was bad. So that just leaves the Toledo game, where he was great, but they also sucked.

Games against teams where 90% of RB's would look good is not a good case for the RB being good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This one is easy.

No - he won't be one of the Top 10 RB's drafted. No doubt in my mind. Totally regardless of how you feel about him as a player - his lack of athleticism takes him out of that conversation.

If you're looking at Devonta Freeman & James White going in the 4th as a comp for Walton - I'll tell you that 2014 draft was the worst RB draft ever. And Freeman went 9th and White 13th. Bishop Sankey was the 1st RB taken. Kadeem Carey went 11th at 207 lb. 4.67.

I'm saying he goes in the 6th - and that's largely based on the Richt talking up Walton to NFL GM's. Richt LOVES Walton.

I think Walton is an NFL journeyman for a year or two - much like Javarris James, Damien Berry & Jarrett Payton.
We will see, I think he goes in the 4th

Advertisement
Back