#2 Ohio State vs #3 Oregon

Advertisement
He's not good at it lol
61-9 with half of those losses to the team that won it all and beat everybody. “Not good at it” is a delusional take. 3 active coaches have rings and one of those has been irrelevant for 2 decades. And not having a ring bc of his kicker, is cause for him to be called bad? Got it

Seems like a good time for me to repost this:

Big time OSU alum I used to work with -- I'll never forget him calling Day suspect and soft when he was first announced as the new coach.

Keep in mind, this guy bleeds Buckeye football. LIke borderline obnoxious about it. This was the first time I had ever heard him say something negative about his squad, and he let the chopper fly.

Advertisement
61-9 with half of those losses to the team that won it all and beat everybody. “Not good at it” is a delusional take. 3 active coaches have rings and one of those has been irrelevant for 2 decades. And not having a ring bc of his kicker, is cause for him to be called bad? Got it
Again with the resources he has a monkey can do what he has done. He is not a good coach. You saw the numbers he folds against good teams.

From a friend who went to the game:

My ears are still ringing:) 114 decibels in the last minute….it was incredibly noisy. I believe that the noise played a big factor.
At the end, my wife and daughter stormed the field…I had to temper my enthusiasm as I am recovering from an ankle surgery (injury)….incredible game.

Advertisement
Don’t get me wrong, Ryan Day is James Franklin with much better talent. Always chokes in big games. But the slander is so funny to me. The guy is a shanked FG away from being a champion and the entire narrative being flipped on its head. And on the flip side, Kirby being known as the guy who corched his way out of back to back titles. Much like Mario is a Covid breakout gifting him a Pac 12 title trip, from being a guy who just had 1 good season.

Don’t overreact. OSU wins a rematch between these teams.
Number one and most importantly, he missed the field goal! Number two, you don’t know that Ohio State wins a rematch. Oregon play terrible and still won. Your post is speaking in hypotheticals that either did not happen or you don’t know will happen.

Kicking is a part of the sport last time I checked.

OSU might be destroyed but a team with a good DL. Oregon looked small. A team like UGA might really get after Howard.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Number one and most importantly, he missed the field goal! Number two, you don’t know that Ohio State wins a rematch. Oregon play terrible and still won. Your post is speaking in hypotheticals that either did not happen or you don’t know will happen.
Oregon did not play terrible. More yards, less penalties, won the turnover battle (that they scored a short TD off of) and the squib kick they recovered and won 3rd downs. Took all of that and a dumb mistake at the end to win. At home. OSU is the better team. Would still be more than a FG favorite on a neutral.

Ryan Day is a corch who somehow got a premiere job maybe because Urban Meyer said so I'm not sure. I don't know in what world a guy with this resume ends up the coach of OSU. He hasn't proven anything except he hasn't crashed the car. He is just idly cruising and isn't elite. Anywhere else I'm not sure he is a top 10 coach.

View attachment 307112

?, what is he trying to prove?

Winning a conference title?
Making the CFP?
Making a Nat’l Championship Game?
Having a +.500 record against Top 25 teams?

I’m just confused on what makes a corch v. a coach b/c it appears the goal post gets shifted based upon how fans view a coach vs. their actual body of work.

?, what is he trying to prove?

Winning a conference title?
Making the CFP?
Making a Nat’l Championship Game?
Having a +.500 record against Top 25 teams?

I’m just confused on what makes a corch v. a coach b/c it appears the goal post gets shifted based upon how fans view a coach vs. their actual body of work.
He is a silver spoon Jimbo Fischer without the ring. My point is he was a nobody and anybody can do what he has done in his position. He has had an advantage over everyone in his conference with nothing to show for it of equal value.

Advertisement
Back