#2 Ohio State vs #3 Oregon

Gotcha. I figured we were talking about different things. “Richest program” probably a poor choice of words when it comes to revenue on my part. I should probably edit that
Endowment shows how rich and powerful those associated with the university are. Then you couple that with the fact the Texas schools treat football like a religion and you have a machine, a machine that can buy the best recruiting class ever on paper even though they never won **** or able to shower players with Lambos.

Advertisement
I'm just asking, I have no idea but Ohio and Texas ain't getting much on their return, I'm so **** glad we got Mario with the backing, Mario loves this school and it's in his blood.
Texas was definitely down bad for a long time. It was inexplicable really. I mean Charlie Strong?

Endowment shows how rich and powerful those associated with the university are. Then you couple that with the fact the Texas schools treat football like a religion and you have a machine, a machine that can buy the best recruiting class ever on paper even though they never won **** or able to shower players with Lambos.
Absolutely. But OSU also just dropped 20 mill in NIL for their roster and literally bought a 310 point recruiting class

So they’re not ******* around either

He is a silver spoon Jimbo Fischer without the ring. My point is he was a nobody and anybody can do what he has done in his position. He has had an advantage over everyone in his conference with nothing to show for it of equal value.

I’m pretty sure when u r facing Top 5 teams, there is no “advantage.”

His losses have come against Clemson, Bama, UGA, UofM, & nowOregon. U guys r acting like he’s losing to MTSU, GT, Zona, or some ****.

There’s not a talent advantage when u r facing these caliber of teams. Don’t let ur hate cloud ur judgement.

Advertisement
Texas was definitely down bad for a long time. It was inexplicable really. I mean Charlie Strong?
Matthew-McConaughey-Culture-Football-Merch-T-Shirt-1-640x800-3951206548.jpeg

Culture, Culture, Culture...Alright, Alright, Alright!

Absolutely. But OSU also just dropped 20 mill in NIL for their roster and literally bought a 310 point recruiting class

So they’re not ******* around either
They aren’t, I just said they don’t **** with Texas. This brings me to another point you brought up about how Texas was down bad under Charlie Strong and others. Who you have as HC matters. You think UF is actually broke? Nah, they got paper as well but they won’t spend it if the money doesn’t believe in the HC. Which brings us back to Day, I think he is flawed but people are really creating a standard calling him a corch that in reality a high majority would never even come close to hitting.

They aren’t, I just said they don’t **** with Texas. This brings me to another point you brought up about how Texas was down bad under Charlie Strong and others. Who you have as HC matters. You think UF is actually broke? Nah, they got paper as well but they won’t spend it if the money doesn’t believe in the HC. Which brings us back to Day, I think he is flawed but people are really creating a standard calling him a corch that in reality a high majority would never even come close to hitting.
Yeah it actually all ties in together. Good discussion.

I mentioned Day is certainly a good coach, maybe not elite in that regard, but the man raises crazy money for the program and it keeps them running with these schools. I mean look at their class. Best CBs in the nation from Texas and Alabama and where are they going? OSU. (For now)

So seems like they know it would be dumb to get rid of Day when they can throw some money at any potential “issues” he might have.

Advertisement
Has he really had a good movie since Dazed and Confuzed? Just curious.

Not too bad in The Lincoln Lawyer, now a TV series.

Tom Cruise's Les Grossman wouldn't have easily stole all his scenes without MM's gesticulated facial expressions in Tropic Thunder.

Advertisement
Sidenote I actually ******* hate that one of the few programs in the country able to go toe to toe with the SEC is fuggin OSU

Nightmare fuel

I’m pretty sure when u r facing Top 5 teams, there is no “advantage.”

His losses have come against Clemson, Bama, UGA, UofM, & nowOregon. U guys r acting like he’s losing to MTSU, GT, Zona, or some ****.

There’s not a talent advantage when u r facing these caliber of teams. Don’t let ur hate cloud ur judgement.
I get what your saying but it's not good enough I don't know what else to tell you. With what has it's not good enough. Dabo built Clemson from the ground up. He lost two Oregon who had two different coaches in that time span. The only really set teams he has lost too in equal situations is the SEC teams.

UGA hasn’t looked good in one game all year. Barely got past Mississippi state and gave up 31, their best “win” in which they lost was a close game with bama who looks suspect as ****. UGA this year shouldn’t be ranked no higher than 6 right now imo
Maybe not the last few games, but this one says hi…

1728866442113.png

Advertisement
If you recall the couple months before Mario was hired, we realized we could get our hands on UMs financial statements, and were surprised at how much was actually there…

I compared UM to the some of the bigger schools around the country, and yea our athletics dept is lagging behind. But overall… not to shabby. UHealth baby
No doubt brother. Mario wasn’t gonna leave a place like Oregon unless the pieces were in place

Feels like someone just had to come in and get **** organized

Sidenote I actually ******* hate that one of the few programs in the country able to go toe to toe with the SEC is fuggin OSU

Nightmare fuel
I hate Taint, but yeah they are part of the small elite which is aggravating. Which brings me to the main point, and you aren’t guilty of but many on this board are and that is basically everyone is a corch by their standards.

****, before Harbaugh won a chip last year people were saying he was a corch on this site. This is a dude that was successful at every stop he was at including leading a team to the Super Bowl.

Yet because he couldn’t beat Taint early in his career he was labeled a corch, never mind that he won 10 in 3 of his first 4 years there.

I see people label James Franklin a corch and while yeah dude hasn’t been able to win the big game, he wins.

We have created this narrative where anyone but the likes of Jimmy Johnson are corches. Of course we will have a different criteria for whomever is our current HC.

Advertisement
Back