#2 Ohio State vs #3 Oregon

Advertisement
Has nothing to do with it. OSU lost by a single point on the road to the #3 team. I’m a diehard canes fan (like everyone else here) but there’s no way in **** Miami should be ranked higher than them come Monday
I disagree. One team has a "0." The other has a "1." They shouldn't fall far but they are still behind Miami. 1. Texas, 2. Oregon, 3. Penn State, 4. Miami. 5. Ohio State, 6. Georgia (not a believer in this team. The QB is overrated)

A top WR recruit should be more concerned about who is throwing him the ball instead of how many draft picks a school has produced in the past. I believe the announcers said this was just Howard’s 2nd 300 yard passing game. He had a grand total of ONE 300 yard passing games last season. You have a lot better chance of getting drafted high with an elite qb.
This is crazy. I had no idea.

Most of the starters are lannings are they not?
I Dont Get It Over My Head GIF by Lil Jon

Advertisement
An Ohio University is always overrated based upon past(Urban) teams. They will get into the playoffs but will play week one.

We are probably going to face Taint in the Playoffs.

We pressure Howard into mistakes, that goes a long way towards neutralizing Smith.

We MUST win this rematch.
Whoa, Miami must beat Louisville first. Watched them play Virginia before the epicaricacy of watching OSUck lose; there is a lotta fight in that 4-2 (2-1 ACC) team playing at home and still in the conference race.

After last two games of slow starts and having to rally, this could be a deadly high noon...

I do not believe we can compete with either of these teams. Our defense is very poor and you see easily the difference in tackling and coverage. I think we still have a ways to go to be elite.
The coverage from all the "elite' teams this year has been **** poor.

Advertisement
I do not believe we can compete with either of these teams. Our defense is very poor and you see easily the difference in tackling and coverage. I think we still have a ways to go to be elite.
I mean Both of osu and Oregon defense is very poor too plus we got the best offense in the country.

Advertisement
thats Marios class. Just like the class here was Mannys class.

Pls don’t do this, like it’s truly not a good look. I’m not sure y this fan base has this problem of giving other coaches credit. Mario has **** to do w Lanning’s version of Oregon in 2024-2025.

But F it, I got time:

(Mario was hired by Miami on 12/6/21, Lanning 12/11/2021)

The class of 2022:
- That LT u were talking about, Conerly (committed to UO on 04/08/2022 - AFTER MARIO LEFT)

-Jalil Tucker (Mario Recruit) - Transferred to SDSU
-Jahlil Florence (Committed 1/31/2022 AFTER Mario left)
-Devon Jackson (Mario Commit)
-Jordan James (committed 2/2/22 AFTER Mario left)
-Kyler Kasper (committed 4/17/22 AFTER Mario left)
-Khamari Terrell (committed 1/28/22 AFTER Mario left
-Ben Roberts (Mario Commit) - Transferred to Mich St.
-Justise Lowe (committed 1/18/2022 AFTER Mario left)
-Trejon Williams (Mario Commit) - Entered Portal & got stuck
-Emar’rion Winston (committed 2/2/22 AFTER Mario left)
-Harrison Taggart (Mario Commit) - Transferred to BYU
-Dave Luli (committed 2/2/22 AFTER Mario left)
-Anthony Jones (committed 12/15/2021 AFTER Mario left) - transferred to Mich St
-Michael Wooten (Mario commit) - Transferred to Arizona
-Kawika Rogers (committed 1/17/2022 AFTER Mario left)
-Sir Mells (Mario Commit) - transferred to GA So.

The rest of the class of 2022 all transferred in via the portal & was after Lanning was hired, & only 4 of those transfers r still on the team.

So let’s recap:

Mario’s class of 2021 was a complete bust, & only 2 players from that class is on Lanning’s 2024-25 class
-Only one of Mario’s commits from the class of 2022 is on Lanning’s 2024-25 class, & the few that were committed in the class of 2022 were JAG transfers. The vast majority of the class of 2022 committed to Lanning, including the LT & RB u just raved about.

3 total players that committed to Mario are currently on Oregon’s roster.

Let me be brutally honest: Lanning didn’t like Mario’s recruits b/c they didn’t fit his identity or evaluation. Let me also just say this for the record:

There ain’t **** anyone on this board can tell me about USC or UO b/c I have way too many connections to these programs due to long time friends/family who either played for them, are alums, or currently have children enrolled here. So for the umpteenth time, Mario has no connection to what Lanning is doing. That argument could’ve worked in 2022-23, but it became watered down since the 2023-4, as many of Mario’s kids defected, & has zero merit for the 2024-25 season.

We can definitely keep up offensively..both teams gave up a lot of points. A lot of teams ahead of us struggled. With that said, we definitely need to tighten up defensively.

Chip Kelly should be playing at a Tennessee like pace. 2 1st round Wr…a very good OL, 2 stud backs, and a qb who isn’t great but should be smart enough to keep things moving.

Oregon moved just fast enough that the Osu Dline couldn’t get to Gabriel and he just let their speed work.

Side note…I don’t know what it is about Lanning but he just seems like a tool. Might be a super nice guy. But the interviews and the sideline demeanor just irk me. But we are 6-0 and the deeper we get into the season I have to find reasons to dislike every team. So maybe it’s just me.

Advertisement
Pls don’t do this, like it’s truly not a good look. I’m not sure y this fan base has this problem of giving other coaches credit. Mario has **** to do w Lanning’s version of Oregon in 2024-2025.

But F it, I got time:

The class of 2022:
- That LT u were talking about, Conerly (committed to UO on 04/08/2022 - AFTER MARIO LEFT)

The rest of the class of 2022 all transferred in via the portal & was after Lanning was hired, & only 4 of those transfers r still on the team.

So let’s recap:

Mario’s class of 2021 was a complete bust, & only 2 players from that class is on Lanning’s 2024-25 class
-Only one of Mario’s commits from the class of 2022 is on Lanning’s 2024-25 class, & the few that were committed in the class of 2022 were JAG transfers. The vast majority of the class of 2022 committed to Lanning, including the LT & RB u just raved about.

Let me be brutally honest: Lanning didn’t like Mario’s recruits b/c they didn’t fit his identity or evaluation. Let me also just say this for the record:

There ain’t **** anyone on this board can tell me about USC or UO b/c I have way too many connections to these programs due to long time friends/family who either played for them, are alums, or currently have children enrolled here. So for the umpteenth time, Mario has no connection to what Lanning is doing. That argument could’ve worked in 2022-23, but it became watered down since the 2023-4, as many of Mario’s kids defected, & has zero merit for the 2024-25 season.
All facts!

Ryan Day is a corch. Seen it last year, will be further exposed this year.

Most of the team is NFL bound and not just late Day 3 picks, we're talking some elite studs and they lose to a massively overrated Oregon team.

That game was the ultimate battle of overrated mid.
Oregon looked small too.

Whoa, Miami must beat Louisville first. Watched them play Virginia before the epicaricacy of watching OSUck lose; there is a lotta fight in that 4-2 (2-1 ACC) team playing at home and still in the conference race.

After last two games of slow starts and having to rally, this could be a deadly high noon...
Oh look, you’re absolutely right. The difference between this team and past Canes teams (even those coach by Mark Richt) is that I think the PLAYERS know this and they won’t sleepwalk into an ambush like the Pitt Game in 2017.

I’m much more confident about this game against LVL than I was four weeks ago, precisely because of the lack of quit in this team.

But F it, I got time:

The class of 2022:

So let’s recap:

you typed a whole book to not acknowledge those players he recruited for multiple years, because thats how he does it, were already sold on going to Oregon. The work was essentially done for Lanning. The players I mentioned are KEY players on that team. You see how he recruits here, 2026 and 2027 guys already on campus and relationships being built. It's like yall live in an alternate reality to make a point.

Advertisement
Back