write up on canes from swamp 247

Advertisement
I’ve been drinking a lot of Kool Aid lately. Green flavor and orange flavor to be precise. Zhit is tasty, no cap. Leaves me feeling tingly too. I think we travel up to Incest Stadium and lay the sort of whoopin on that Gator a$z that would bring a reminiscent tear of joy to the face of Jerry Sandusky. I see nothing special with the Gators this year while I see loads of talent on offense for the Canes and the defense might be sneaky good depending on how the secondary comes together. This one is over by halftime.

The last 2 games they lost at home were to FSU & Arkansas last year.

The biggest things we'll have to overcome is
- the Heat
- the Refs
- Not falling for the gameplan trap.

The advantage we have is our Offense. Arkansas put up 480yds on them (a week after they fired Enox), Mizzou put up 508yds of offense on them & LSU put up 701yds on'em. In all 3 games, their Secondary got picked apart. They revamped most of their Secondary this offseason with the Portal & have some 2nd year players looking to take the next step, but it still remains a weakness to their overall Defense.

They also added some solid pieces to their DLine as well & look to have an improved Run Defense, but not enough to slow down the onslaught of a schedule they'll have to play this year.

We should go in throwing to set up the run to open up the field & create running lanes by pulling Defenders out of the Box. If we go in with a predictable gameplan of trying to stuff it up the middle we're going to make that game much tougher than it needs to be.

The game will come down to us exploiting their Secondary, our DLine disrupting Mertzy rhythm forcing him to speed up his processing (which will create turnovers) & not allowing the Speed they have on the perimeter to beat us Deep.

If we can contain the Deep ball & make Mertz into the Captain checkdown that he is, they won't be able to keep up with us. But the only way that works is for the Offense to score.

We make them play from behind with a deficit & they can't beat us. We allow them to keep it close & the Football Gods might not be on our side.
wonder if we play cover 2 and see if we can generate pressure with our front 4 and mix a blitz in from time to time to keep the Gaytors off balance

Last year, UF allowed more chunks plays that anybody in FBS besides Vandy. They have a new defensive scheme with new DC so does that all get cleaned up by week 1? Ehh.

They can't rush the passer. Period. They don't have a proven DL that can get to the QB. Cam should have all day to pick them apart or pick up yards at will.

Last year offensively, they only completed 16 passes that went 20yards or more through the air. With Badger and the other WR from Wisconsin, they're gonna try to push the ball down the field more. Prob guess they'll use the run to set up PA.

3 out of 5 new OL this year so Guidry should look to confuse their OL and disguise pressure. But also, our DL should win point of attack. Their new RT came from San Diego St, and their new LT has come from Arky but a little unproven.

Their team may be more dumb than ours. Tons of stupid penalties that hurt them last year.

This game can't get here quick enough.

**** em.

Last year, UF allowed more chunks plays that anybody in FBS besides Vandy. They have a new defensive scheme with new DC so does that all get cleaned up by week 1? Ehh.

They can't rush the passer. Period. They don't have a proven DL that can get to the QB. Cam should have all day to pick them apart or pick up yards at will.

Last year offensively, they only completed 16 passes that went 20yards or more through the air. With Badger and the other WR from Wisconsin, they're gonna try to push the ball down the field more. Prob guess they'll use the run to set up PA.

3 out of 5 new OL this year so Guidry should look to confuse their OL and disguise pressure. But also, our DL should win point of attack. Their new RT came from San Diego St, and their new LT has come from Arky but a little unproven.

Their team may be more dumb than ours. Tons of stupid penalties that hurt them last year.

This game can't get here quick enough.

**** em.

?
They didn’t change DC’s lol. Austin Armstrong is still their guy.

Advertisement
I think guys like Cam, Martinez and Restrepo will handle the noise just fine, as will our very experienced OL I’m not too worried about the noise, though I do expect Dawson to start out the game more conservative because of it to let the team adapt.

I don’t think you need to throw to establish the run, I think you can both throw and run on their defense. Their DL is pretty thin, too, so I see nothing wrong with running the ball.

It’s their offense that has me worried. We’re underestimating Mertz and his options.They also have some good OL though I think that’s where we eventually overpower them with better DL. Get to Mertz and the game is over.

We’ll score more than 30 on them, will they be able to keep up is the question.

Something to consider is the fans' confidence in Napier. If we score early, and/or shut down their offense, the optimism and crowd noise associated with that will quickly go away.

Then they'll spend the next week criticizing the refs, talking about cheap hits and blown calls.

Advertisement
Something to consider is the fans' confidence in Napier. If we score early, and/or shut down their offense, the optimism and crowd noise associated with that will quickly go away.

Then they'll spend the next week criticizing the refs, talking about cheap hits and blown calls.

I’ve been thinking about this a lot too. I think their program is very much like ours right now in the sense that people are quite upset about the on-field product (rightfully so) and it’s not going to take much to have the pitchforks make an appearance.

I genuinely think if somehow we go up 14-0 and they get the ball and punt or turn it over, you’re going to hear more than a few boos. Fans, in general, are excited and enthusiastic about a new season. But the 90k in that stadium have paid attention the last 2 years. They’ve looked at this year’s schedule. That whole building will turn on Billy QUICK if we start fast. It would be such a massive domino to fall on our way to a win there if we can get that crowd quiet quick. And truthfully, they’re already on their last nerve. It won’t take much. Get up 7-0 early and make a couple more big plays and they’re gonna be REAL vocal about what they’re seeing.

Advertisement
The Swamp at 3:30pm it a different atmosphere from a night game. No contest. Big advantage for the Canes to play them during the day versus nighttime.
think it's a fool's errand honestly ... but they seem to think it'll get them a dub

Advertisement
I hope they’re still game planning for TVD.

This game comes down to how aggressive Dawson is allowed to be. If we come out and try to “assert our will” by forcing runs into a loaded box, we will struggle and the game will be close. If we come out and let our best players (Cam and the WR group) do what they do, we can open up a lead early and shut this thing down quickly. Pass to get a lead and then run to keep it.
While I agree with the last sentence in general, it shouldn't apply to a 3 point lead in the 2nd quarter!

Advertisement
Back