WR Daylyn Upshaw commits to Miami

View as article
No idea how fast he is but he doesn't look slow thats for sure. Baffling to me how Miami has had Berrios and now Restrepo produce at high levels and posters complain about speed on a recruits tape. Only thing that matters is if he will have an A+ work ethic and competitive nature to be the best player he can be.
Allen Hurns is another one. Granted Hurns was a big kid, but running good routes makes these college guys look fast. Hurns was a very unheralded recruit but he produced pretty early in his career

Advertisement
I love the pick up tons of potential here hopefully we use him correctly. Off the top of my head I

Antwaan Randle El (steelers) David Patton (NE Patriots), Jae Crowder (Duke), Deion Branch (louisville), Randall Cobb (kentucky)Derrick Mason (Tn titans), & Jordan Mathews (vanderbilt)

Polished crisp routes natural hands and gritty

Advertisement
Really ? So you aren't pleased with our current rb commit and none of the WR's we are after or the rb's/wr's we've landed the last couple years ? Interesting
You can go back and see my history on how critical I was on players. All those guys hit the transfer portal. From Chaney to Flagg etc. Fletcher to me is going down that path. Chris Johnson and Wheatley will be good here if we use them correctly. I am bummed that we didn't keep Kevin Riley bc to me he looks more fluid than Lyles but I think we went with Lyles bc he from down here. As far as Pringle goes, he's young so he may improve (idk if its camera angles but he may be small too).

For WRs, I am glad we have Sam Brown because you guys will see how a Miami WR is supposed to look like. We gotta land Dallas Wilson and Vernell Brown IMO. If those two come, the kids that people are hyping up this year may be hitting the portal next year.

Again, I may be wrong on some bc I am not perfect but I go by what my eyes see. I am welcome to debate and not throw shade at each other. L

@Dwinstitles you may chime in on this since you like to watch film and we usually agree on most of these players that come into the program.

You can go back and see my history on how critical I was on players. All those guys hit the transfer portal. From Chaney to Flagg etc. Fletcher to me is going down that path. Chris Johnson and Wheatley will be good here if we use them correctly. I am bummed that we didn't keep Kevin Riley bc to me he looks more fluid than Lyles but I think we went with Lyles bc he from down here. As far as Pringle goes, he's young so he may improve (idk if its camera angles but he may be small too).

For WRs, I am glad we have Sam Brown because you guys will see how a Miami WR is supposed to look like. We gotta land Dallas Wilson and Vernell Brown IMO. If those two come, the kids that people are hyping up this year may be hitting the portal next year.

Again, I may be wrong on some bc I am not perfect but I go by what my eyes see. I am welcome to debate and not throw shade at each other. Lol
You are clueless. Fletcher is going down the portal path? Did you see his stats for a true freshmen? But you think cj is better and he can’t do anything but run straight? Lyle we on took because he’s from down here? Kid was top of Ohio states list. Dude you evaluate running backs the way manny evaluated linebackers.

You are clueless. Fletcher is going down the portal path? Did you see his stats for a true freshmen? But you think cj is better and he can’t do anything but run straight? Lyle we on took because he’s from down here? Kid was top of Ohio states list. Dude you evaluate running backs the way manny evaluated linebackers.
You're more than welcome to screenshoot this and we talk about it later.

Advertisement
This kid probably compares most favorably to Jacolby George. Average size, average speed but always open and somehow outrunning defenders despite having slow testing numbers. I remember the rumors that George was a 4.7 guy in high school but every time I saw him he was the most explosive player on the field. I’ll take precise routes and hands over Mark Pope’s 4.3 speed ten times out of ten.

Advertisement
I think he’s a nice player to develop, he has good skill set and good hands. Gaining strength will definitely help with the lack of good speed.

If he's a WR3 in the class then he's an amazing take. His only real questions are athletic based. Great guy for Feld & Co to mold as a future success story.

Advertisement
This kid probably compares most favorably to Jacolby George. Average size, average speed but always open and somehow outrunning defenders despite having slow testing numbers. I remember the rumors that George was a 4.7 guy in high school but every time I saw him he was the most explosive player on the field. I’ll take precise routes and hands over Mark Pope’s 4.3 speed ten times out of ten.
this. I thought he plays VERY similar to JG on film. JG was suppose to be a slow wr coming in but he was burning db's who are much faster. my boy @Sebastianspipe was the first to tell me that JG had NFL talent if he put it together. he has to stay focused. We all think about X and forget the year JB had too.

You're more than welcome to screenshoot this and we talk about it later.
Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

Again, I may be wrong on some bc I am not perfect but I go by what my eyes see. I am welcome to debate and not throw shade at each other. L

@Dwinstitles you may chime in on this since you like to watch film and we usually agree on most of these players that come into the program.
I see what you mean. You said “evals” which I don’t really understand but you’re just saying we need to land more elite guys we are after. Think everyone would agree.

Advertisement
Back