WR Daylyn Upshaw commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Speak!
I agree with all of this. Bama kids love ball! Different mindset to some of the kids we had come through Miami.

Also, some kids here kinda get left out because they can't afford to make trips for camps and other events.
These are facts! The recent rise of Alabama having more nationally ranked kids is the commitment from the trainers and coaches who graduated between 2000-2010 making sure these guys get exposure and proper training. I remember a time kids coming out of Birmingham, players couldn't even get their hands on letters and game film. Times have changed for the better.

You can say what you want about Pat Nix as a college coach but he always has good coaches on staff and will get kids ready to play college ball
That's real man. Nix was better suited to prepare young men as a High School coach. His style fits better at that level. Plus He's also a winner at that level. 3 state Championships in the past 7-8 years in Alabama.

Adjustment at :57…Route running at 3:00

That's BIG TIME

For those saying he's slow…Then every day on that tape must be running a 5.2…Because except for the late underthrows, he's 3 to 5 yards past everyone DB on those deep balls. (I understand that is the route running, but still…He's not Santana Moss, but he's not hurting for speed either)
This thread has proven to me this board doesn’t know a god **** thing about high school wr tape. This is fantastic tape from a rising Senior WR.

Advertisement
Speak!
I agree with all of this. Bama kids love ball! Different mindset to some of the kids we had come through Miami.

Also, some kids here kinda get left out because they can't afford to make trips for camps and other events.
With the transfer portal your gonna here a lot of kids from Bama (and other places) come out of nowhere from smaller schools going to bigger schools and shine. We’ve already seen it. I think a receiver from Troy went to an SEC school that’s been tearing it up and is on NFL draft boards now

Advertisement
Concluding thought first:

**We really gonna doubt Mario when it comes to recruiting?

Other thoughts/questions:

-with lots of experienced/key wr's departing after '24, having an advanced route runner with plus hands who's nuanced as a HS JR. - where's the downside?

-even with departures, cupboard's not bare with blue-chippers in the Carr's, Trader's, and Ray-Ray's on the horizon

-shouldn't break the bank NIL-wise

-how much can that 40 time improve? 4.7ish added to ALL the intangibles should equal production

-interesting/coincidental that he commits the same day 'Bama lands a 5* wr?

That’s always the threat wit Bama kids. What do they do when/if mama (Ala.) calls?
I personally worry about that more with the kids that live in the middle of nowhere, or right around Tuscaloosa. Not as worried about it in a place like Phenix City.

Looks to be a short to intermediate route type of receiver. He'll be there where the ball is supposed to go. Doesn't waste time or motion with his cuts in and out of his break, while maintaining speed. He's decently quick, but not lose you in a phone book type and certainly not a burner at all.

That can work down the field, but college corners with their speed will catch up (he may gain a stride or two in his breaks) so the ball better be right where it needs to be. So use someone else on those routes. Stick to his strengths and set expectations accordingly.

Someone mentioned Daz prior. That's fair, he was a good route runner as well. I think this player is a bit crisper and quicker in short areas. Most certainly post knee issues with Worsham.

Welcome to the U.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Concluding thought first:

**We really gonna doubt Mario when it comes to recruiting?

Other thoughts/questions:

-with lots of experienced/key wr's departing after '24, having an advanced route runner with plus hands who's nuanced as a HS JR. - where's the downside?

-even with departures, cupboard's not bare with blue-chippers in the Carr's, Trader's, and Ray-Ray's on the horizon

-shouldn't break the bank NIL-wise

-how much can that 40 time improve? 4.7ish added to ALL the intangibles should equal production

-interesting/coincidental that he commits the same day 'Bama lands a 5* wr?

The answer is yes...these so called fans can't help themselves. I know for a fact Mario reads this site and can't help but laugh when he reads these shenanigans.

Better and with hips
The End Reaction GIF by Freeform

Advertisement
Back