WR Daylyn Upshaw commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
If he were from Souf Flowrida putting up those numbers at some 1A Broward school against weak *** comp doing the merengue before every route at some overrated *** 7v7 tournament, yall would be in here calling him a "diAmOnd iN dA rUfF!".

Last edited:
Advertisement
looks taller than 5’11
If he’s slow then Alabama is full of slow safeties cause he’s going for 6 a lot.
According to reporters, the staff loves this player
Agree. He certainly doesn't look small out there.

Very skilled route runner.

His stemming is advanced for a HS WR & is a very good hands catcher. Runs the full route tree, which most HS WR's, (especially the ones from a certain region) don't. Has good outside stacking ability as well.

Nice smooth & quick release; no wasted steps or motion. You can tell he's been Coached on how to properly release off the line. He's not doing the Cha Cha slide before running his route & has good transitional movement with his feet getting out of his breaks.

Runs really nice 5 & 3/9 combo routes.

Lacks raw speed & explosion, but will get open off precise footwork & can be a valuable assest in this offense (if Dawson is still here by the time he gets on campus).

You can put him at Flanker or Slot & he'll be a consistent 10-12 yards per game type WR. Is not gonna burn anybody on a 9 route (except for our CB's in practice), but will fit well with the style of QB that Luke Nickel is.

Doesn't look 180, but has the frame to be in that 180-190 range.

The most important tangibles for WR's is footwork & hands, he has both the tools. Speed is important as well, but it's not as critical to the position as it is for CB. Meaning, you can be in the 4.55+ range at WR & still have success in College & the NFL. Plus, scheme is at least 50-60% of the reason for a WR's production (particularly in college). There are tons of WR's who are very productive every season in College who weren't high ranked coming out of HS & won't be Day 1 or Day 2 picks.

I think he's a solid pick up & like the take.

My comp:

Love the breakdown. Thank you!

Loop Lego GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
WR recruiting is not in good place
Cortez Mills Joshua Moore Dallas Wilson Tyler Williams all gone

Looking on the outside in on French and VBrown

Need at least 3 or 4 guys in this class

X , George and Brown gone after this year
WR room will be thin next year

Why does Miami need 3-4 guys in this class?

How many did they take last year?

Advertisement
I trust the coaches in this eval

Generally however i feel like if you are reciver under 6’ you had better have blazing speed.

Amd if youre a WR with average speed youd beter be 6’5” 235bs
Only a few people on here know wtf they’re looking at and I’m definitely not one of them.
People on here literally said Ahmon Richards was slow when he committed. Let that sink in.
Also, that he would eventually end up on defense cause he wasn’t good enough of a receiver to play that position here.

Advertisement
Back