WR Daylyn Upshaw commits to Miami

View as article
You can go back and see my history on how critical I was on players. All those guys hit the transfer portal. From Chaney to Flagg etc. Fletcher to me is going down that path. Chris Johnson and Wheatley will be good here if we use them correctly. I am bummed that we didn't keep Kevin Riley bc to me he looks more fluid than Lyles but I think we went with Lyles bc he from down here. As far as Pringle goes, he's young so he may improve (idk if its camera angles but he may be small too).

For WRs, I am glad we have Sam Brown because you guys will see how a Miami WR is supposed to look like. We gotta land Dallas Wilson and Vernell Brown IMO. If those two come, the kids that people are hyping up this year may be hitting the portal next year.

Again, I may be wrong on some bc I am not perfect but I go by what my eyes see. I am welcome to debate and not throw shade at each other. L

@Dwinstitles you may chime in on this since you like to watch film and we usually agree on most of these players that come into the program.

Both of them are highly unliked. Wilson is infatuated with Oregon and Brown is triple Gator legacy. They are trying but I really hope they expand the net and stop being so picky. Lot of WR are of the board are already committed elsewhere and putting your cards on flip will bite you sooner than later.

Advertisement
Both of them are highly unliked. Wilson is infatuated with Oregon and Brown is triple Gator legacy. They are trying but I really hope they expand the net and stop being so picky. Lot of WR are of the board are already committed elsewhere and putting your cards on flip will bite you sooner than later.
I gotta watch some of these 4 star 3 star kids. There are a lot that are fast but didn't have the production. Those are the kids you want to go after. I wish some people could go back 4 years ago and see how a lot of 5 star and 4 star kids are busts and some of those underrated kids became stars.

This kid probably compares most favorably to Jacolby George. Average size, average speed but always open and somehow outrunning defenders despite having slow testing numbers. I remember the rumors that George was a 4.7 guy in high school but every time I saw him he was the most explosive player on the field. I’ll take precise routes and hands over Mark Pope’s 4.3 speed ten times out of ten.
THIS

JaCOLBY gEORGE SUPPOSEDLY WASNT A BURNER......UNTIL HE WAS.

Gimme a technican over an athlete.
Clap Wow GIF by morrisjenkins

You're more than welcome to screenshoot this and we talk about it later.
He’ll look good as long as he stays at Miami bc he’ll have big holes to run through
But once he moves on his lack of vision will be exposed
And he’s not physically gifted enough to play above his lack of vision

Advertisement
This kid probably compares most favorably to Jacolby George. Average size, average speed but always open and somehow outrunning defenders despite having slow testing numbers. I remember the rumors that George was a 4.7 guy in high school but every time I saw him he was the most explosive player on the field. I’ll take precise routes and hands over Mark Pope’s 4.3 speed ten times out of ten.
Pope was no where near 4.3 though
He couldn’t catch or separate

He’ll look good as long as he stays at Miami bc he’ll have big holes to run through
But once he moves on his lack of vision will be exposed
And he’s not physically gifted enough to play above his lack of vision
Exactly. That Florida state game was so frustrating watching Fletcher run. Kid could've had over 800 yards rushing on the season if he had decent vision. I know is said Riley looked better to me than Lyle but I think Lyle is a better talent than Fletcher and will surpass Fletcher on the depth chart, bearing injury.

Advertisement
Pope was no where near 4.3 though
He couldn’t catch or separate
They don’t test your 40 time while you’re on the field playing football. He’s really a 4.4 guy but that speed means nothing when you get so easily re-routed by a defensive back and you don’t know how to get open.

Exactly. That Florida state game was so frustrating watching Fletcher run. Kid could've had over 800 yards rushing on the season if he had decent vision. I know is said Riley looked better to me than Lyle but I think Lyle is a better talent than Fletcher and will surpass Fletcher on the depth chart, bearing injury.
Agree
Just got to hope Lyle can block
And I rather have Lofton at rb over fletcher

They don’t test your 40 time while you’re on the field playing football. He’s really a 4.4 guy but that speed means nothing when you get so easily re-routed by a defensive back and you don’t know how to get open.
Yea man
Bc he looked so slow on the field
At least Wiggins could run a post
Pope was probably the worst 5 star wr I have ever seen

Advertisement
Advertisement
You'd know but just based off your breakdowns id say that athleticism without technique won't get you too far at cb. But man some RBs just get the ball and go, all they need is a crease. They need technique to unlock their full potential but some RBs seem to dominate the game on talent alone. Maybe I'm just not giving sone of these star RBs credit for their craft though

You can go back and see my history on how critical I was on players. All those guys hit the transfer portal. From Chaney to Flagg etc. Fletcher to me is going down that path. Chris Johnson and Wheatley will be good here if we use them correctly. I am bummed that we didn't keep Kevin Riley bc to me he looks more fluid than Lyles but I think we went with Lyles bc he from down here. As far as Pringle goes, he's young so he may improve (idk if its camera angles but he may be small too).

For WRs, I am glad we have Sam Brown because you guys will see how a Miami WR is supposed to look like. We gotta land Dallas Wilson and Vernell Brown IMO. If those two come, the kids that people are hyping up this year may be hitting the portal next year.

Again, I may be wrong on some bc I am not perfect but I go by what my eyes see. I am welcome to debate and not throw shade at each other. L

@Dwinstitles you may chime in on this since you like to watch film and we usually agree on most of these players that come into the program.
This man ain’t ever lied.

Yea Fletcher is going down that path I see it already. Did well last year but yall know me I need explosiveness and speed. The wrs as well we need Miami wrs of old. And with Pringle he looks tiny now (pause) but imagine when he gets here these dudes even shrink more cause the guys around them are bigger (big pause)

Riley was the big miss that stung to me and I have slept on Lyle for a long time. But we will see if the traits he had in HS carry over to college. Wilson and Brown I doubt they flip though but we need them.

And no explosive first step at all. Every time I watched his highlights he was killing the 7 on 7’s. He was a take for me cause I fell into the sfla wr rankings. But when he got here he just didn’t look like his rating. Getting pushed around and destroyed and did not look fast at all.

Everywhere but rb
Depends. If you have a natural ability to read the field, it's not so much technique. Technique really starts when pass protection comes around. Otherwise, yeah.

Watched Terrell Davis's "A Football Life" and his coach said in the second preseason game "Forget footwork and all that, just run your tail off", about three weeks later he was starting. Vision is everything run wise, if you have the athletic ability to match, it's over.

Advertisement
Back