WR Daylyn Upshaw commits to Miami

We’ve had a bunch of track star running backs who didn’t really become good football players over the years. Vision, balance and short area quickness are more important than top end speed. Being able to run away from people in the open field only matters if you can actually get into the open field first.

Advertisement
Honestly After plays 3, 4 and 5. The conversation should have been over. Play 3 he gets open had to wait for the ball goes up and wins a jump ball. Then raced to the end zone. Play 4 once again he beats his guy with route running gets open had to adjust his route to track the ball. Which shows body control catches it and races to the endzone. Play #5 catches a 5yd out then races 60yds for a TD. Showing plenty enough speed.

HE’S A TAKE IMO

Depends. If you have a natural ability to read the field, it's not so much technique. Technique really starts when pass protection comes around. Otherwise, yeah.

Watched Terrell Davis's "A Football Life" and his coach said in the second preseason game "Forget footwork and all that, just run your tail off", about three weeks later he was starting. Vision is everything run wise, if you have the athletic ability to match, it's over.
Yea man like I think of it like a sailor who can read waves or some **** like that. Like a normal person just looks out there and it's all chaos but some people just see it and don't even realize what they are doing.

The great RBs just seem to have that and it isn't something that is coachable. Vision is the dividing line between good and great for most RBs, it also allows more modest athletes to perform at high levels despite their athletic short comings.

Yea man like I think of it like a sailor who can read waves or some **** like that. Like a normal person just looks out there and it's all chaos but some people just see it and don't even realize what they are doing.

The great RBs just seem to have that and it isn't something that is coachable. Vision is the dividing line between good and great for most RBs, it also allows more modest athletes to perform at high levels despite their athletic short comings.
Dance Steelers GIF

This man ain’t ever lied.

Yea Fletcher is going down that path I see it already. Did well last year but yall know me I need explosiveness and speed. The wrs as well we need Miami wrs of old. And with Pringle he looks tiny now (pause) but imagine when he gets here these dudes even shrink more cause the guys around them are bigger (big pause)

Riley was the big miss that stung to me and I have slept on Lyle for a long time. But we will see if the traits he had in HS carry over to college. Wilson and Brown I doubt they flip though but we need them.
People might try to spend what I said about Lyle bc im comparing him to Riley but Lyle should surpass Fletcher this season. Fletcher better also get his **** together and hope Chris Johnson doesn't explode on the scene too.

Advertisement
Jesus Christ!! Some of you guys are just miserable!! The kid had 1,185 yards (20.1 YPC) and 15 TDs in the highest classification in Bama and you’re calling him a JAG! C’mon man!! He’s not the fastest guy but he runs nice routes. He catches the ball well and rarely gets tackled by the first guy. Stong lower half (pause). Reminds me of chance, with less speed.

I think there’s more to what you said. Obviously lacking some quicks and top end speed, but good route runner. He catches the ball well, but he’s elite at RAC! Guys that can make the first guy miss or run through their tackles are chain movers! Love the take
Trust me, that has been a lot of our fan base for sooo many years. If Mario and Mirabal were not here, they would still be ignoring OL and focused on 40 times and bench press, despite watching Saban and the rest of the big dogs buy the best in the trenches knowing it would make skill guys that much easier.

Advertisement
Pretty sure George is a 4y SR, no? He is gone.
We’re most likely losing our top 3 WRs after this seals. That room is going to be wide open next season, so there is opportunity for these ‘25 kids to come in and play. We already have great depth, so I would be suprised if we take a portal kid

Advertisement
We’re most likely losing our top 3 WRs after this seals. That room is going to be wide open next season, so there is opportunity for these ‘25 kids to come in and play. We already have great depth, so I would be suprised if we take a portal kid

Eh..

If a sure fire proven WR1 is available and is interested, we better. Always take those guys. Unless Jojo & Carr are AR82 all over again as freshmen, and even then I still say do it. WR talent will attract portal QBs and more importantly, help win games.

There NFL ready ?

We lose restrepo brown and maybe George after this season. I don’t think we should be conceding a recruit. Plus those two recruitment’s are wild and there will be big money being thrown around last second

Ray Ray
Washington
NY Carr
Chance
JoJo
Horton

Still have these guys on the team, then TrumpyCane assumes will add portal WR if any elite ones available + 3 HS recruits

Obviously some guys might portal out

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back