Would you change the OL lineup?

Advertisement
Amazon Studios Cassidy GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Who is this moon-faced whoooore?

I think there’s a few options considering both Rivers and FM could play guard.
Nah you never mentioned Rivers could be put at G, nah, no one can read except you.

Keep the O-Line as is. They're elite. Imagine posting the numbers we do and then ask for a different O-Line. Only this fanbase.

Last edited:
Nah you never mentioned Rivers should be put at G, nah, no one can read except you.

Keep the O-Line as is. They're elite. Imagine posting the numbers we do and then ask for a different O-Line. Only this fanbase.

It’s hard to imagine you have little patience when you posted 10 times in this.

“Keep the O-Line as is” is perfectly normal response. You went on a full capital letter brigade about the subject.

Again, it’s an open ended conversation. He can play guard and he should play guard are two different things. He has before and would we consider moving back there is a totally normal discussion point for a forum.

What I said was, I would prefer him and FM on his blind side. Having a discussion about would anyone prefer changes to the unit is totally normal. You can say no. You can say yes.

You clearly say no, because they are “elite”. But our run offense has been lackluster. Really hasn’t created the holes for the rb or had much push. We are also on pace to exceed last years sack numbers. Is that because of the play style? Probably.

But Our oline can be elite. They sure aren’t playing elite right now. Does just adding Rivers back make at LT make them elite again? Or does shifting things around (even if you keep him at LT) make them elite. I don’t know, but that’s why we have a forum to discuss. Didn’t realize we had such a sensitive topic here.

Advertisement
A couple things come to mind.

1. OL don't run 40-80 yards downfield each play. That equates to 80-160 yards of sprinting (gotta run back to the LOS/huddle after the play) per passing play for pass catchers. The OL is already near the new LOS as the play ends, generally speaking.

2. More importantly, continuity. The more an OL plays together, the more they understand intuitively what the other guys are going to do. OL is the one position group far more than any other that needs cohesion because they're like a crew team in terms of needing to be in rhythm. One guys paddles too fast and it has a negative effect. Much like an OL who misses an assignment. Francis and Anez have been playing next to each other for quite a bit now - they know what the other is going to do when faced with different defensive fronts and blitz packages without necessarily needing to say it out loud.

3. Talent/ability. Francis should never come out because Francis at 75% (fatigued) is better than about anyone else we have on the roster at OT.
Thats Helpful. Thank you!

“Keep the O-Line as is” is perfectly normal response. You went on a full capital letter brigade about the subject.
Refer to @DTP as to why I may have done so. @JHallCanes as well. Both were there when we explained this about 1000x times prior.

Again, it’s an open ended conversation. He can play guard and he should play guard are two different things. He has before and would we consider moving back there is a totally normal discussion point for a forum.
It's not, its regurgitating old talking points that have been proven wrong so many times, I've stopped counting. If you want to add clicks for @Andrew and his wallet, go for it, but beyond it, it's just a question for people who don't pay any attention.

You clearly say no, because they are “elite”. But our run offense has been lackluster. Really hasn’t created the holes for the rb or had much push. We are also on pace to exceed last years sack numbers. Is that because of the play style? Probably.
Our run game is also not bad and it's not lackluster and it's been explained countless times as to why it may look bad.

Like...
But Our oline can be elite. They sure aren’t playing elite right now.
What? Nah, I'm done, this is crazy. Bless you, you're a good dude, but you're on a weird roll with this topic and I'm not entertaining it any further.

Advertisement
Refer to @DTP as to why I may have done so. @JHallCanes as well. Both were there when we explained this about 1000x times prior.

It's not, its regurgitating old talking points that have been proven wrong so many times, I've stopped counting. If you want to add clicks for @Andrew and his wallet, go for it, but beyond it, it's just a question for people who don't pay any attention.

Our run game is also not bad and it's not lackluster and it's been explained countless times as to why it may look bad.

Like...

What? Nah, I'm done, this is crazy. Bless you, you're a good dude, but you're on a weird roll with this topic and I'm not entertaining it any further.
IMG_9028.gif

Rivers in place of Bell and that's it, for now. I was pleased to see the improvement in our run blocking vs. Cal; we were on our way to a big game if the defense could get stops. Have to think that as Cooper's ankle continues to heal this unit will gel. McCoy is never going to be road grader at LG, but I've heard so much about his athleticism, he was an extra TE for us last year, don't understand why he isn't being put in space.
78 pulled and was lead blocker at least once last g.ame

Advertisement
If Rivers is healthy & on top of game, then he’s not coming off the field. Neither is the RT, RG & C. So maybe play Bell at LT & slide Rivers inside to LG. Some on board sing McCoy’s praise. HC & little friend are OL gurus, so trust their judgement.

Advertisement
Well done, Markel, we are 6-0. Welcome back Rivers to LT. Markel, be ready if needed, you are next man up if needed. The veteran has to start and play most snaps. Period.

I would try Bell out at LG in practice to see if he can handle it and if works for him.

They did that to Ereck Flowers in the NFL. He struggled at LT but mauled people at LG having a smaller window to work in.

Bell could be too tall tho. He's **** near a full helmet taller than everyone else out there.

Advertisement
Back