Would you change the OL lineup?

What's the reason lineman dont sub for a break? Do they simply not need a break? Asking ignorantly.
A couple things come to mind.

1. OL don't run 40-80 yards downfield each play. That equates to 80-160 yards of sprinting (gotta run back to the LOS/huddle after the play) per passing play for pass catchers. The OL is already near the new LOS as the play ends, generally speaking.

2. More importantly, continuity. The more an OL plays together, the more they understand intuitively what the other guys are going to do. OL is the one position group far more than any other that needs cohesion because they're like a crew team in terms of needing to be in rhythm. One guys paddles too fast and it has a negative effect. Much like an OL who misses an assignment. Francis and Anez have been playing next to each other for quite a bit now - they know what the other is going to do when faced with different defensive fronts and blitz packages without necessarily needing to say it out loud.

3. Talent/ability. Francis should never come out because Francis at 75% (fatigued) is better than about anyone else we have on the roster at OT.

Advertisement
lucious lyon wtf GIF

LT Bell
RG Rivers
C Carpenter
RG Cooper
RT Mauignoa

Best five, and no one is playing out of position (i.e., Rivers is elite guard as well as tackle).
So you are just going to ignore that McCoy has been one of Miami’s top 3 OL this year? Lol ok fool

Advertisement
Advertisement
Oh my ******* god, we're doing this again. We are actually doing this again.

RIVERS IS AN ALL-ACC CONFERENCE LT. DON'T MOVE HIM ANYWHERE ELSE. PUT HIM IN AT LT AND KEEP MCCOY IN. STOP SHIFTING POSITIONS AROUND AS IF IT WAS A GAME OF ******* CHESS.

GOODNESS ******* GRACIOUS...

a trip to the moon futurama GIF

I mean, it’s pretty simple conversation to talk about.

We get our best OL back. Do we put back at LT and keep things as is, or move some pieces around.

We haven’t had the most success in the run game or got a ton of push. We’re also on pace to exceed last years sack numbers, by a good margin.

Just a simple discussion. No need for people to have an aneurism

Rivers gets his spot back without question…Bell has been ok, but isn't totally ready yet. Should start at LT or RT next year.

We do have to find what the **** is going on with our run blocking especially the interior…We should be moving teams better. McCoy's been pretty averaged as a run blocker, and this has been Cooper's worst year so far run blocking from what I've seen. Maybe Coop's problem the last few weeks is the ankle though? That has to be tough on a 340 lb. guy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oh my ******* god, we're doing this again. We are actually doing this again.

RIVERS IS AN ALL-ACC CONFERENCE LT. DON'T MOVE HIM ANYWHERE ELSE. PUT HIM IN AT LT AND KEEP MCCOY IN. STOP SHIFTING POSITIONS AROUND AS IF IT WAS A GAME OF ******* CHESS.

GOODNESS ******* GRACIOUS...

a trip to the moon futurama GIF
Seriously we have a head coach who has issues but OL isn't one of them and the OL is crazy diligent so not sure why we are worried at all on this one. But i guess its the point of these websites.

Rivers in place of Bell and that's it, for now. I was pleased to see the improvement in our run blocking vs. Cal; we were on our way to a big game if the defense could get stops. Have to think that as Cooper's ankle continues to heal this unit will gel. McCoy is never going to be road grader at LG, but I've heard so much about his athleticism, he was an extra TE for us last year, don't understand why he isn't being put in space.

Advertisement
I mean, it’s pretty simple conversation to talk about.

We get our best OL back. Do we put back at LT and keep things as is, or move some pieces around.

We haven’t had the most success in the run game or got a ton of push. We’re also on pace to exceed last years sack numbers, by a good margin.

Just a simple discussion. No need for people to have an aneurism
CIS is bipolar. They ***** about Fraggle threads but also ***** about threads that elicit good conversation and discussion.

"But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to their playmates, “‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance; we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn".

Wisdom is justified by her children.

Advertisement
Back