Wiltfong's On3 Cane CBs/Expert Predictions (aka Fong Bombs)

Not that it changes your point but I would count 2017 as 11 wins. Had a cupcake game against Ark State canceled due to a hurricane. They would have been 11-0 going into Pitt.

As far 2024... I think 10-2 is achieving, 9-3 or worse is underachieving. So not crazy farfetched. The o/u at 9.5 is a hard line between the 2 scenarios for me.

I think FSU is wildly overrated and we will be favored to win that game when it rolls around. So possibly favored or pick 'em in all 12 games this year. In that scenario, 2 upset losses would be underachieving for any playoff contender so I can see where Klatt is coming from.
What are the two biggest games in your mind. I’ve got UF & VT circled.

Advertisement
Florida is important and I want that win more than any other. But due to conference champions getting an auto bid...

FSU and VT

Syracuse could be really important because they're improved and their schedule is so weak. They could walk into the ACCCG. Depends who wins Cuse vs VT.

Florida is important and I want that win more than any other. But due to conference champions getting an auto bid...

FSU and VT

Syracuse could be really important because they're improved and their schedule is so weak. They could walk into the ACCCG. Depends who wins Cuse vs VT.
Agreed, we gotta kick their asses, I have a good friend who’s a gigantic cuse fan. Appreciate the thought as always!

Don't want to lose to Louisville again too and that game is right before FSU I believe
UL doesn't scare me nearly as much as a year ago. They're well coached and probably have the toughest scheme to defend.

But losing their top 2 RBs from last year helps us a lot. Chaney is going to have a chip on his shoulder though.

Advertisement

FSU and VT

I’d throw Louisville in there too

UL doesn't scare me nearly as much as a year ago. They're well coached and probably have the toughest scheme to defend.

But losing their top 2 RBs from last year helps us a lot. Chaney is going to have a chip on his shoulder though.
In my online Dynasty Chaney is leading league in rushing TD’s. Maybe unwarranted but I always thought Chaney was going to do big things

Brought this up before in some other thread.

Rather have that outcome almost every year or Miami's last 18 seasons??

The loss to Tennessee in the Orange Bowl with Brock Berlin was the last time a loss really hit me hard. Ever since then, we lose, I'm mad for a few hours, and then I could care less. These MFs are perpetually on the verge of being in the league of Bama, Clemson, and Georgia and can't get there. I promise you the pain they feel every year is way worse than what we feel.

2023: 11-0 lose to Michigan by one score in final game
2022: 11-0 lose to Michigan in final game
2021: 10-1 and ranked #2, lose to Michigan in final game
2020: 6-0 lose to Clemson in round 1
2019: 13-0 lose to Clemson in round 1
2018: 11-1 but lose to 6-6 Purdue during regular season
2017: 10-2 curbed stomped by 7-5 Iowa
2016: 11-1 lose to Clemson in round 1
2015: 10-0 but then lose to Michigan State by 3 points, finish 12-1
2014: Championship!!!
2013: 12-0 but lose to Michigan State in BIG10CG
2012: 12-0 but can't go to a bowl because of sanctions
2011: 6-7 season
2010: 11-1 lose to Wisconsin
2009: 10-2
2008: 10-2
2007: Lose NC game
2006: Lose NC game

I mean this is pretty brutal. They're teetering on Bama levels of success but might as well be 100 miles away. If they hadn't won a championship in 2014 this would be one of the greatest sports blue balls stretches in history.

Advertisement
The loss to Tennessee in the Orange Bowl with Brock Berlin was the last time a loss really hit me hard. Ever since then, we lose, I'm mad for a few hours, and then I could care less. These MFs are perpetually on the verge of being in the league of Bama, Clemson, and Georgia and can't get there. I promise you the pain they feel every year is way worse than what we feel.

I mean this is pretty brutal. They're teetering on Bama levels of success but might as well be 100 miles away. If they hadn't won a championship in 2014 this would be one of the greatest sports blue balls stretches in history.

So, you're saying you'd take Miami stretch?

**** OSU

Advertisement
If this isn’t an 11 win team we ever will have one under Mario. The schedule is a joke the talent is beyond good and besides secondary can match up with just about anyone. Klatt is right for once

I think if you ask the biggest booster right now at Hecht what the expectations are, he'd tell you with what they spent on the roster and our pretty weak schedule, it is what Klatt said. there are times where Klatt is biased and an *** (mostly this), but I think he was spot on with the expectations for us this year. a lot of people expect us to get to 11 wins and winning 10 at a min. anything less than 10 is an absolute failure. also how many teams are picked to go 11-1 10-2 after winning what 13 games combined in 2 years? thats a testament to how good this roster is right now in what is a pretty down conference.
i approve of this message.

Advertisement
I think 10 wins is a good year... lets say we lose to UF & VT.. make the ACC championship & win... make playoffs... that would still be a huge step up imo... like many others have shared running 11-1 or 12-0 while doable on paper is still tough when the culture isn't accustomed to winning & how to handle it. Not saying it can't be done but is harder when it's new.

Poo would be a bigger game then vatech or ufag. However Virginia tech is a better team than either of them. I think Louisville will be a better team than either of them as well. It's really the only four games I see as semi challenging until the ACC championship game. Ufag I wouldn't even see as challenging if it wasn't the first week of the season. I would have loved to run into them mid-season when the defense has had time to mesh.

Advertisement
Back