Wiltfong's On3 Cane CBs/Expert Predictions (aka Fong Bombs)

Advertisement
If I change my crystal ball 10 minutes before a commitment, how credible are my predictions?
Shooting Shoot Your Shot GIF

It does but I agree the boosters likely realized they needed to step up this year to bridge the gap. Saban was complaining about lack of NIL resources, as crazy as that sounds it appeared as if a lot of Bama boosters thought the way you think, Bama should recruit itself and kids should take a discount. Coupled with the fact that the one time bag of 100k is a drop in the bucket to the current NIL landscape where some kids make that per month.

Boosters had to realize whoever replaces Saban was going to have a bit of, well not a rebuild but I guess gain the trust of the public and players because for **** near 2 decades people have associated Bama and Saban interchangeably. The bar is so insanely high for them, if they start to average 2-3 losses per year that is going to be unacceptable and idk if the boosters will continue to fork over money because they arent used to that. Then if you have 2-3 losses a year, no longer always in it for championships, then kids wont take a discount, you will be on par with OSU and Oregon where you need a strong NIL.
Here’s a question. If the existing players were let’s say getting 250K a year hypothetically, and this incoming class is signing for $750K - $1.5M…doesn’t that create pressure to bump up the existing players too?

We're talking about Isaac Sowells.
my b... carry on.
Here’s a question. If the existing players were let’s say getting 250K a year hypothetically, and this incoming class is signing for $750K - $1.5M…doesn’t that create pressure to bump up the existing players too?
Yes, but most likely after the season. Portal is closed so they cant go anywhere. You get the big recruiting class, go out and show you are competent on the field and a lot of the questions around Saban's replacement may die down. Yes you may have to deal with that problem in the future but I imagine they deal with that every year. Bama/UGA/OSU etc. have had the best players and I am sure they are trying to get poached each and every winter and re-negotiations need to take place

Advertisement
my b... carry on.

Yes, but most likely after the season. Portal is closed so they cant go anywhere. You get the big recruiting class, go out and show you are competent on the field and a lot of the questions around Saban's replacement may die down. Yes you may have to deal with that problem in the future but I imagine they deal with that every year. Bama/UGA/OSU etc. have had the best players and I am sure they are trying to get poached each and every winter and re-negotiations need to take place
Presumably they’ve thought about this; that it’s not enough to offer x DT a 1.1M NIL. They have to factor in all the increases that they need to give to the rest of that position group too if the coming year since they took that “Saban discount”.

Hopefully they didn’t think that through.

Advertisement
Update with the new rule in effect

7/17RPM for DJ Pickett to L$UCommitted to L$ULast second switch penalty! Miss!
7/16RPM for DJ Pickett to OregonCommitted to L$U30%MISS!

Advertisement
Waiting for him or Simmons to chime in on Hanks. Gator homers and their predictions aren't convincing me. Information, yes, but definitive intel and prognostication, NOPE!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back