Why don't we love Hard Rock?

It does. My creativity in creating a screen name was lacking that day.
LOL... I only went to several games in the 70's until I got my season tickets in 82. But I was going to ask you if you remember or used the convenience of the shuttle Metro bus that went to the OB from FIU that would drop you off right in front of the OB. I'm not sure if that was offered in the 80's

Advertisement
LOL... I only went to several games in the 70's until I got my season tickets in 82. But I was going to ask you if you remember or used the convenience of the shuttle Metro bus that went to the OB from FIU that would drop you off right in front of the OB. I'm not sure if that was offered in the 80's
No shuttle back then that I recall. I left SOFL in ‘83 so it might have been started somewhere around that time.

Hey my friend please clarify the "we"... are you a Fins fan or a Pats/Brady fan. Don't worry I'm not an NFL zealot of any team... however I do have favorites.
Pats fan. I thought that was made obvious by my comments lol

In a perfect world. Miami builds its own stadium using the best features from the OB and Hard Rock, close enough to the school on land that it owns or purchased. Fit it to the proper size. Put a museum in there, maybe near the water if possible, and split profits with nobody else. Update it whenever it wants. You know, take advantage of all that comes with the empowerment of ownership.

Thats ideal but apparently it’s impossible so what can you do.

No shuttle back then that I recall. I left SOFL in ‘83 so it might have been started somewhere around that time.
No the shuttles were available in the 70's cause I would use it with a friend from work so we would worry about parking at the OB and the convenience of getting off the bus in front of the stadium. When I got my season tickets in 82 I would drive my 280ZX and park in a specific spot where I knew the homeowner.

Advertisement
No the shuttles were available in the 70's cause I would use it with a friend from work so we would worry about parking at the OB and the convenience of getting off the bus in front of the stadium. When I got my season tickets in 82 I would drive my 280ZX and park in a specific spot where I knew the homeowner.
I honestly never paid attention to whether or not there was a shuttle. I recall hearing something about them, but never used them. My father was the OB Staduim Manager from 1960 to 1979 so I always parked near his office door on the SE corner of the stadium. I’d always get there several hours before game time and wander around with him or friends.

Parking in the home lots around the stadium was an absolutely iconic event. I would walk out there sometimes just to watch the revelry.

Pats fan. I thought that was made obvious by my comments lol
Yeah but just wanted to be sure since some posts are a bit squirrely, lol. Dude, I have suffered immensely for not being a Fins fan, especially from my wife and her two sons who wear Fins attire all the time. But everything is kept civil and respectful.

In a perfect world. Miami builds its own stadium using the best features from the OB and Hard Rock, close enough to the school on land that it owns or purchased. Fit it to the proper size. Put a museum in there, maybe near the water if possible, and split profits with nobody else. Update it whenever it wants. You know, take advantage of all that comes with the empowerment of ownership.

Well at least you're in reality.

I honestly never paid attention to whether or not there was a shuttle. I recall hearing something about them, but never used them. My father was the OB Staduim Manager from 1960 to 1979 so I always parked near his office door on the SE corner of the stadium. I’d always get there several hours before game time and wander around with him or friends.

Parking in the home lots around the stadium was an absolutely iconic event. I would walk out there sometimes just to watch the revelry.
We always parked in the Courthouse lot and walked over the bridge. I miss that walk.

Advertisement

How about the street vendors with the surprise protein on a stick... that was iconic. Must have been good mystery meat cause I never got sick.

How about the street vendors with the surprise protein on a stick... that was iconic. Must have been good mystery meat cause I never got sick.
LOL! No doubt. Some of the homeowners that parked cars would cook up some stuff too. I mostly remember the usual hot dogs and hamburgers.

1ppp.gif

Advertisement
Without any reservation I miss the Original Orange Bowl BUT, no one can deny the comfort and access plus parking at the Rock. I was shocked the first time I went to the swamp. Parking there is worse then the Original Orange Bowl . I went there on a relatives player pass. My seat was a lined gap on a bleacher bench that was about a foot wide. In the same row was the Pouncey twins parent and since I was on the end of that row I had about 2 inches to sit on. It was hotter than any stadium I've ever been in since there was zero ocean breeze. The facilities were reminiscent of the Orange Bowl, **** every where. .So when I find can park in a lot, sit in a real seat in the shade at the Rock, use clean facilities, I wonder why all the urgency to leave there. I also think recruits love the idea of playing on an NFL field. Since an on-campus cannot happen I can't see any benefit in moving simply to move.
I wonder what others have experienced at other venues. I haven't been to doak and wonder what others have experienced there? I also wonder if recruits know what there family accommodations will be at other facilities compared to the Rock? Now if we can only start winning like we did in the OOB I'll be very happy!
I like hard rock stadium I tailgate in the RV section and they hate us for no reason the dolphins play the next day but it’s on f*ckin pavement like cmon man

Advertisement
When does the lease at Hard Rock expire?

Asking for a friend.

The lease expires after the 2032 season. That's 10 seasons to plan and execute on the future home of Miami Hurricanes football.
There are plenty of visionaries and solution-oriented people in the community with means, who care about Miami Football and can produce a viable solution.

The lease expires after the 2032 season. That's 10 seasons to plan and execute on the future home of Miami Hurricanes football.
There are plenty of visionaries and solution-oriented people in the community with means, who care about Miami Football and can produce a viable solution.
For any plan to come to fruition, it’s going to cost somewhere in the ten figure range. Let that marinate. For a stadium to even make sense, it must be within easy walking distance to campus and guess what, that land is expensive. That’s before you gather the votes needed to make it happen politically. People love to act like this is some plug and play situation and it isn’t. It took decades to get the Watsco center built and that is a facility that holds 1/5th what any decent football stadium holds.

Advertisement
Back