Why don't we love Hard Rock?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah I totally get the land issue. That’s why I put the “. But even if it’s idk 5 miles from campus or whatever, is it really going to be a bigger draw attendance wise?
Short answer, no. The attendance is directly linked to the team's success. It doesn't matter where they build the stadium, if they go 5-7 it will be empty. The could put a stadium in Boca and it would have 50,000 people every week if they were contending.

Bro I think he was talking College Stadiums. LOL
We don’t really have a college stadium (obviously). It’s not really fair to compare an NFL stadium we rent to a bunch of other college venues. I said elsewhere, college stadiums and NFL stadiums are built different.

Advertisement
Exactly. It's not like it was picked to host The World Cup, Super Bowls, National Championship games.

Oh wait
It depends whether you are rating the stadium in and of itself vs. the city.

The stadium itself isn't a big deal. The food is meh. There are no local attractions or bars within walking distance. The seats are pretty far off from the field. The view from the lower deck IMO isn't good. (I prefer being up top.) But, obviously, Miami is a world class city.

If you exclude Miami and what it has to offer and view this strictly from a stadium experience, the stadium in and of itself isn't great IMO.

I live in palm beach so I love it. I miss the nostalgia of the orange bowl but this stadium is top five in the country easily.

If we were good for the last twenty years it would be a non issue.

How is it flat out “untrue?”
Let me ask u:

Have u been at the Mercedes Benz vs. Sanford Stadium for UGA?

Have u been to AT&T vs. DKR Memorial Stadium for UT?

Have u been to the Super Dome vs. Death Valley for LSU?

Let me this very clear so u don’t feel this incessant need to defend HRS:

1. IT’s not REMOTELY a Miami Hurricane stadium just from an aesthetics standpoint
2. There’s little to no school paraphernalia sold at game events
3. We have zero vested interest in this stadium

Those 3 screams neutral field. It’s a NFL stadium for a NFL team that we happen to occupy. Do u think just b/c The Super Dome rocks for LSU that it’s now considered a home field for them? Or if UT packs out AT&T field that it’s now a home field for them? That’s the problem u fail to understand.

Pitt literally has a partnership w/ The Steelers, including facilities. That ain’t us w/ Ross & The Dolphins.

So whatever u want to tell & convince urself of, personally do u.
How is it flat out “untrue?”
Let me ask u:

Have u been at the Mercedes Benz vs. Sanford Stadium for UGA?

Have u been to AT&T vs. DKR Memorial Stadium for UT?

Have u been to the Super Dome vs. Death Valley for LSU?

Let me this very clear so u don’t feel this incessant need to defend HRS:

1. IT’s not REMOTELY a Miami Hurricane stadium just from an aesthetics standpoint
2. There’s little to no school paraphernalia sold at game events
3. We have zero vested interest in this stadium

Those 3 screams neutral field. It’s a NFL stadium for a NFL team that we happen to occupy. Do u think just b/c The Super Dome rocks for LSU that it’s now considered a home field for them? Or if UT packs out AT&T field that it’s now a home field for them? That’s the problem u fail to understand.

Pitt literally has a partnership w/ The Steelers, including facilities. That ain’t us w/ Ross & The Dolphins.

So whatever u want to tell & convince urself of, personally do u.

My friend, these are completely false analogies.

You are comparing traditional, small town, hokey pokey, southern ***, college teams to the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida. You cannot compare those schools and their facilities, as well as their neutral facilities, to the University of Miami, which is a completely different entity in and of itself, unique in all of college football.

Those of us that attended the school, and go to games, know the difference. So do those of us that live in the 305 and never attended the school, but identify with it as part of the fabric and the culture of the 305.

Miami will never be comparable to Oxford, Mississippi, or State College, Pennsylvania, or Athens, Georgia.

That’s why these arguments are so ridiculous. We will never be that, and in fact, that’s what makes our fanbase and team so unique and when we’re good, so rabid.

We are not a traditional college football entity. And that’s part of the attraction, if you don’t get that.

Advertisement
I'd wager that the seats are teal because orange would fade horribly in the Florida sun.
Nah, they had orange seats before with no canopy for yearss.. probably flipped colors with facelift to give a different look.. Anyways people used to ***** about the ornage seats and say it made the stadium look worse when half empty or whatever.. Im sure the facelift thread is somewhere on here and you can read thru.. either way people will find a way to *****.. lol..

Don't pretend that Brady ain't get smacked up OFTEN when he came to Miami
If my aging memory serves me correctly, I believe that most, if not all of those wins were in the last part of the season after NE had already clinched the Division or they had clinched a playoff spot.

My friend, these are completely false analogies.

You are comparing traditional, small town, hokey pokey, southern ***, college teams to the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida. You cannot compare those schools and their facilities, as well as their neutral facilities, to the University of Miami, which is a completely different entity in and of itself, unique in all of college football.

Those of us that attended the school, and go to games, know the difference. So do those of us that live in the 305 and never attended the school, but identify with it as part of the fabric and the culture of the 305.

Miami will never be comparable to Oxford, Mississippi, or State College, Pennsylvania, or Athens, Georgia.

That’s why these arguments are so ridiculous. We will never be that, and in fact, that’s what makes our fanbase and team so unique and when we’re good, so rabid.

We are not a traditional college football entity. And that’s part of the attraction, if you don’t get that.
They don’t get it and that’s the problem. They want this University to be something it will never be, instead of embracing what it is. The University of Miami, like Southern Cal, like UNLV, Georgetown and St John’s are city schools. The fanbases view it as more of a transitory thing, if the team isn’t entertaining, they won’t show up. The schools I listed aren’t traditional college programs, nor are they pro franchises, they are firmly in the middle. It’s a unique hybrid.

Advertisement
Bro, we got our **** kicked in there before and after Brady too 😭
Hey my friend please clarify the "we"... are you a Fins fan or a Pats/Brady fan. Don't worry I'm not an NFL zealot of any team... however I do have favorites.

I remember sitting in the OB in the 70’s with a few thousand of my closest friends. Many fans today don’t know what it was like pre-1983.

The grand old lady - The Orange Bowl - is dead and gone and will never be replicated. But that doesn’t mean our Canes can’t recreate the magic in HRS. I think building a football stadium for Canes home games closer to campus is a pipe dream and it wouldn’t change the fans attitude toward the team. Miami Hurricane fans have always been fickle and it’s not gonna change anytime soon.

I remember sitting in the OB in the 70’s with a few thousand of my closest friends. Many fans today don’t know what it was like pre-1983.

The grand old lady - The Orange Bowl - is dead and gone and will never be replicated. But that doesn’t mean our Canes can’t recreate the magic in HRS. I think building a football stadium for Canes home games closer to campus is a pipe dream and it wouldn’t change the fans attitude toward the team. Miami Hurricane fans have always been fickle and it’s not gonna change anytime soon.
Hey bro, seen you around here and always wondered if 423 refers to the area code where you reside?

Advertisement
Back