Why don't we love Hard Rock?

Advertisement
I am probably one of the biggest proponents on this board for The University of Miami having its own stadium.

With that said, I LOVE Hard Rock. It is comfortable, it is fun, and electric. I was there for UM vs ND 2017, probably the best example of what it could be.

For me, its simple. In order for Miami to be the best version if itself as a program, it will need to have its own place one day. My humble opinion.

Without turning this into another land parcel purchase discussion. It would be physically impossible to put a stadium on campus. At least a legit football stadium. Most of the general public has no idea that UM's campus and student body is as small as it is. You've go roughly 11,000 undergrads and only about 8,000 kids live on campus. I understand that at a majority of big colleges the on-campus factor is a big deal. You've got huge undergrad populations and even bigger alumni bases coming back for home games. It's much different for UM football.
Yeah I totally get the land issue. That’s why I put the “. But even if it’s idk 5 miles from campus or whatever, is it really going to be a bigger draw attendance wise?

I am probably one of the biggest proponents on this board for The University of Miami having its own stadium.

With that said, I LOVE Hard Rock. It is comfortable, it is fun, and electric. I was there for UM vs ND 2017, probably the best example of what it could be.

For me, its simple. In order for Miami to be the best version if itself as a program, it will need to have its own place one day. My humble opinion.
Many like to use the ND game but to me that would be looked at as an anomoly and used as a negative because they would say we need others or an fsu game to fill stadium.. That SAME 2017 season games like VT the week before was just as electric and fun AF. But to even make the point even more because I think VT was ranked and night game.. I like to look at the Virginia game, it was a day game against a reg opponent who was 6-4 and the stadium wasnt completely filled but PACKED nonetheless. GREAT crowd and when we started our comeback crowd was rocking.. GREAT home atmosphere and shows what could happen IF we actually put a product on the field, which we havent done since, CRAZY to even think about..

Check out crowd shot on the onside kick UVA tries at the 3:47 mark..

Advertisement
It is the home of the very first Super Bowl kick off return for a TD by Mr. Devin Hester

It is the home of the Hurricanes BEATDOWN of Notre Dame circa 2017 by Mr. Mark Richt.

It also has a roof over the seats.

I like it.

It’s an amazing faculty period. The main issue I have is that we can’t generate ticket support. I also HATE that they never tarped the endzone upper decks other than the 1-2 decent home games per year. Those sections should only be individual ticket sales and close it with a tarp for 4-5 of the home games to funnel some people to the sidelines and lower bowls. When that stadium is even 3/4 full it’s an awesome vibe and it has every amenity. The students are pieces of **** who don’t support them and blame a drive for not showing up. They annoy the **** out of me and can’t generate a single full section of students other than 1 game a year at this point. It’s enough.

I would also really like to see more community tickets given out for the crap games - they are doing it some you can see but need more.

It’s an amazing faculty period. The main issue I have is that we can’t generate ticket support. I also HATE that they never tarped the endzone upper decks other than the 1-2 decent home games per year. Those sections should only be individual ticket sales and close it with a tarp for 4-5 of the home games to funnel some people to the sidelines and lower bowls. When that stadium is even 3/4 full it’s an awesome vibe and it has every amenity. The students are pieces of **** who don’t support them and blame a drive for not showing up. They annoy the **** out of me and can’t generate a single full section of students other than 1 game a year at this point. It’s enough.

I would also really like to see more community tickets given out for the crap games - they are doing it some you can see but need more.
they used to do this back in the day - 01 season they gave out free kids tickets to a game against temple. they stopped doing out outside of Employee day. they need to be giving away at least two upper sections for free to youth groups

Advertisement
The attendance average from 2018 - 2022 was 42,821. 0.05% of that is 21.

-2SD*

h/t @JeddTheFisch
21 wealthy Miami alumni actively donating large portions of their income for the betterment of the football program in all of Broward/WPB sounds about right.

Look I don’t spend time in the skybox or luxury suites at HRS. I’m in the 100 section in the corner of the end zone. I don’t think the majority of people I sit near ever attended the University. I could very much be full of ****. Maybe there are more local mega-donars in Broward/WPB than I’m accounting for.

Check out crowd shot on the onside kick UVA tries at the 3:47 mark..

It's crazy but that game was literally the peak of the last 20 years. Sitting at #2 in the country, 10-0, almost certainly headed to a CFP appearance.

Advertisement

Why is it every time there's a stadium discussion someone has to bring up UM vs Notre Dame in 2017? That was one game over half a decade ago, against an overrated Notre Dame team during an otherwise forgettable season for us. That game was nothing compared to our greatest hits of the 80's, 90's, and 2000's.

Advertisement
21 wealthy Miami alumni actively donating large portions of their income for the betterment of the football program in all of Broward/WPB sounds about right.

Look I don’t spend time in the skybox or luxury suites at HRS. I’m in the 100 section in the corner of the end zone. I don’t think the majority of people I sit near ever attended the University. I could very much be full of ****. Maybe there are more local mega-donars in Broward/WPB than I’m accounting for.
I really, really want to be a **** right here. I'll take the high road for now. You are wrong. I could probably name 21 wealthy alumni in PB county and I hardly known anyone.

The product on the field and failure to care enough about the program to spend money that they finally decided to spend last year has been the issue all along. In fact, the last time they played in the OB they lost 48-0.

I would love to hear what Notre Dame fans think about the Hard Rock after losing their hearing in 2017. A beautiful young lady whose picture has been shared many times all over Canes websites and social media can confirm.

Since they put the roof on the Hard Rock that can be a home field advantage that will make opponents and their fans miserable. It literally holds the noise in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back