Virginia Tech @ #7 Miami Fri, Sep 27, 2024

Advertisement
The holding call was the turning point. I still don’t like throwing on the 3. Like I said. Bring in all tight ends with Lofton leading the way for Fletcher or Martinez. Do that two straight plays. If you don’t get it you force them to go 97-99 yards.
Lmao this ain’t 1975! We ain’t over power anyone all year. We need to widen our oline splits and make guys tackle ours in space.

2nd half is gonna tell you alot about this team. Come one and lay down and same old Miami. Will a supposed heisman qb lead this team to a win or be like every other qb over the past years

Advertisement
Also we have tight splits on the ol.....and a starting rb who i can admit doesnt have the vision (he hits the wrong whole alot) or the juice to bust...its his run style but that hop hop **** isnt working consistently with the tight splits and inability to create significant holes.
For this game, we need to play whoever can put their foot in the ground and go. The runs outside the tackle are there to be had.

Advertisement
@Dwinstitles
@cway313

AND EVERYBODY.... WE NEED A REAL ELITE #1 WR. It shows. A real #1 we would really benefit. Don't say Restrepo
He's great, but we know he's more of a slot. We needed Jeremiah Smith badly. A real Andre Johnson type. A WR that changes an offense. Double hint if you want and watch Restrepo pick you apart in the slot. That's what we're missing on this offense.
We need a run game

His interview during the week he was asked about halftime adjustments. He said teams always have a different game plan to start a game than what a DC might see on film. If the D manages to minimize the bleeding in the first half, then the opposing offense will tend to go back to what is on film (base offense )in the second half . Problem is they are lighting up UM so there is no need for them to change game plan.
I think we're ****ed this game unless the D bails us out. Cam is looking for the homerun instead of taking easy yards and driving the field - he's a liability tonight. #fightme

Advertisement
@Dwinstitles
@cway313

AND EVERYBODY.... WE NEED A REAL ELITE #1 WR. It shows. A real #1 we would really benefit. Don't say Restrepo
He's great, but we know he's more of a slot. We needed Jeremiah Smith badly. A real Andre Johnson type. A WR that changes an offense. Double hint if you want and watch Restrepo pick you apart in the slot. That's what we're missing on this offense.
facts thats why I thought that miss was a massive blow, I said it will cost us in the playoffs and possibly a game or two

Advertisement
It’s time to dip into the bag that still has 80% we haven’t seen yet.
As someone said, not sure Martinez fits this offense, seems like he is the ideal zone read running back and that’s not our running game scheme. Maybe we see more Lyle and Johnson in the 2nd half.
Running game needs some diversity, also some easy passes (hitches, shallow crossers, texas and squirrel option routes).

Plenty of game left and I don’t think we will give up. Time to see what we got.

Just win, man.

Nobody beats every team by 40. It’s CFB. It’s Friday night. It’s an ACC game against VT who needs and wants this badly. I’m not shocked it’s been a dog fight.

Get the W. Some way, some how.

Just need to be 1-0 this week. Get tough.

Advertisement
Back