Virginia Tech @ #7 Miami Fri, Sep 27, 2024

Everything that went wrong in a football game was on full display tonight, missed tackles, turnovers, penalties, etc etc and somehow we came out with a win. That’s a difference I’ve seen from this team and the last few, we continue to fight, last year we saw it as well for a few games, but this team, this year is different. Ward, despite one of the worst games we’ve seen by him led the comeback and thank goodness for Xavier Restrepo. Hopefully, tonite opens the eyes of our guys and the refocus and move onto Cal next week. Gonna be a tough one. Glad we got the win despite how terrible of a game it was.
The difference is Ward..

Advertisement
They are what they are. It’s college football. This **** happens **** near every single week. I know you didn’t but people here thought this was some perfect roster and we wouldn’t be challenged all season. I got no time for dumb **** like that. Act like you’ve followed the sport for more than 17 seconds. We had over 100 more yards, and our QB, who hasn’t turned the ball over much at all, turned it over 3 times. A 3-1 turnover deficit and we found a way to win. I’d love to know how many ACC games we’ve won in the last 15 years with a -2 turnover margin. I guarantee it ain’t good. But they found a way tonight. We’re onto Cal.
I'd argue 2 turnovers were on the WR, not QB...but is what it is...

Advertisement
1727497558615.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Even legendary Canes hater Trevor Matich just spoke on E$PN, and said that if you super slow-mo it frame by frame, the ball never stopped moving, and that the replay booth got the call right.

The rule of thumb is that for a catch, one has to secure the ball for at least 3 seconds without uncontrolled movement....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back