Virginia Tech @ #7 Miami Fri, Sep 27, 2024

Advertisement
I'd like to try to run to the outside cause that's the few times we've been able to spring big runs. Stop running up the middle.

Get rid of the long developing pass plays. Get some quick passes out that aren't screens. Get Cam back into rhythm.
Alot of that is him not taking the easy. Watch arroyo running free often

The holding call was the turning point. I still don’t like throwing on the 3. Like I said. Bring in all tight ends with Lofton leading the way for Fletcher or Martinez. Do that two straight plays. If you don’t get it you force them to go 97-99 yards.

Advertisement
this is why we needed to land Jeremiah hes lightning fast can beat any DB. The coverage been tight but with him it wouldnt have looked that tight pause
@Dwinstitles
@cway313

AND EVERYBODY.... WE NEED A REAL ELITE #1 WR. It shows. A real #1 we would really benefit. Don't say Restrepo
He's great, but we know he's more of a slot. We needed Jeremiah Smith badly. A real Andre Johnson type. A WR that changes an offense. Double hint if you want and watch Restrepo pick you apart in the slot. That's what we're missing on this offense.

He didn't even flop, he tried to dip and rip and got pushed to the ground
Yeah we didn’t play well after, but you’re crazy if you don’t think (1) that was a lame call and (2) the momentum shift in that sequence—from 21-7 to the turnover and score—isn’t a big deal.

We play confident football. We expected 21-7 and should’ve had it.

That said, no excuses for getting worked like we did for the rest of the half.

Advertisement
It’ll be interesting to see if we make the proper adjustments, especially on O. Haven’t had to make much for adjustments there.
Guidry will figure something out. They are doing a good job of getting a hat on our LBs in the run game.
You can see the talent difference between VT and the other teams we have played so far. Plus we are officially everyone’s Super Bowl again, so we need to take every game as such.

THIS IS A RIVALRY GAME! We had a bad fumble on the 30 yard line. This is going to be a tough game. Miami will pull this one out. But Tech was going to play us tough. They have had a sh** season. They are playing to make a statement. We are better, we will win this.

Advertisement
Id go with Lyle and Allen now too at RB. Fletcher and Martinez dont scare anyone

Thankfully its a one score game but the D really needs to tackle better and geez, get a stop or two on 3rd down

Every year, same thing

Advertisement
Also we have tight splits on the ol.....and a starting rb who i can admit doesnt have the vision (he hits the wrong whole alot) or the juice to bust...its his run style but that hop hop **** isnt working consistently with the tight splits and inability to create significant holes.

Alot of that is him not taking the easy. Watch arroyo running free often
Literally right before half time arroyo was running free and he tried to hit X loll

We need to go back to Arroyo. I'd like to see Horton get involved cause he's tough to bring down.

Advertisement
Back