Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Did Richt have mobile qbs at UGA? I didn't watch a whole lot of their games but don't remember that. Especially Stafford and Murray and how they play in the NFL. Eason doesn't seem to be a runner either.

Advertisement
Did Richt have mobile qbs at UGA? I didn't watch a whole lot of their games but don't remember that. Especially Stafford and Murray and how they play in the NFL. Eason doesn't seem to be a runner either.

DJ Shockley had like 600 yards in 4 years and he was the most mobile. So, no, not really.

I saw Lamar Jackson as a senior against Central and never thought he'd start as a true freshman. Skinny and raw. He wasn't an EE, either. The game has changed to the point that this is entirely possible.
youre all in for starting Perry out the gate, Dmoney?

I have to see Perry first. He hasn't taken a snap on Greentree.

All I'm saying is that it's a lot easier to start a true freshman these days if he's gifted.

Weldon is enrolling early, Perry is not. Weldon will have the upper hand and is more mobile than Perry.

Advertisement
I don't disagree with this at all...

I still think Perry needs a redshirt, but if he balls out in Spring ball I'd be more than happy with him as the starter.

I'm a huge Perry fan & believe in his ability projecting at the College level, he just needs to add some weight & he could be a deadly over the next few seasons.

He's not coming in the spring.
Yeah, your right... He'll be hear in the Fall.

If you think that Perry needs a redshirt then you really don't agree with this prediction at all!!!
I agree that Perry could be the starter because Richt prefers him, but imo personal opinion I would redshirt Perry.

Reading & comprehending is the most difficult thing for people to do on CIS...

What you reworded and what you initially wrote are two different things. Your original statement shows your lack of confidence that he will be ready to play game one. Basically, if you are going to cross the fence with Pete you got to land on the other side. Putting one leg over and sitting on the fence shows your lack of confidence in the landing.

The grass is greener on the other side:

Grass Greener On The Other Side.webp

Last edited:
Perry is the perfect fit for our offense.

Big issue is ball security. Like you've seen with Lamar Jackson, the way Perry carries the ball leaves him prone to fumbles at this level. It's not as simple as just "coaching him how to do it" either. A lot of that is instinctual.

For me, Perry is easily a top-5 QB recruit in the country and much better than Jack Allison (whom I liked some, but not like Perry).

I'd prefer Kaaya coming back, but Perry will change our offense in a way that is much more difficult to defend. We just will need to simplify his reads and cut the field in half most games. If it's not there, he needs to take off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the offense that Richt had Kaaya run would be more complicated than the offense with Perry running it. The RPO is a really simple offense. Kaaya just constantly made bad decisions; especially in the beginning of the season. How much experience do you need to count numbers in the box?

Look at our offense in the bowl game. Once our offense got going Kaaya wasn't making all these complex reads. He was either handing the ball off or throwing the bubble screen or hitch route.

Advertisement
N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

I Think this belongs in the recruiting forum.. please move.

No seriously I do have a question about Perry. Now that I hear this prediction i wonder what he brings to the table. is he a real dual threat? A see a 4.86 40 time for him at ESPN and that doesn't sounds legit for what i see him doing in his vids. I mean I see Brad Kaaya registering faster 40s than that. Can you help pound some enthusiasm into my head over this kid.

I have officially jumped off the Pete Ariz bandwagon

This guy is phucking nuts

I looked at his highlight reel for 2 minutes and knew this guy was a project

jesus christ

Ariz was talking about Rosier getting pushed out last offseason and not only did it not happen he was the runaway backup.
I like to bust Pete's balls as much as the next guy but Rosier was nearly beat out by an unrecruited walk-on transfer from Texas Tech who is only here because his dad is a UM legend.

Richt paired it down to those two for the backup spot. We have no idea how close it really was.
According to Richt it was pretty close: Miami Hurricanes Football: Backup Quarterback Battle Down to Two - State of The U
First of all, very tight race. There were times when I would have said Evan [Shirreffs] is in that bunch. There were times where I would have said Jack [Allison] is in that two-man deal. It took a long time to get to this point. No one really was so consistent that I was like, 'This is a slam dunk.' All these guys, even the top two, they've not done everything like we want it done on a consistent basis

I saw Lamar Jackson as a senior against Central and never thought he'd start as a true freshman. Skinny and raw. He wasn't an EE, either. The game has changed to the point that this is entirely possible.

Lamar Jackson didnt start as a true freshman

Advertisement
Lamar Jackson didnt start as a true freshman

Started 8 games including the bowl and played in 12.

He started playin gafter they started losing games and he wasnt that impressive either..DMoney didnt Pete tell you guys that Rosier was doing horrible and wouldnt be the backup QB in August? Its amaing how much faith we put in this dude... I think Pete is making sure Perry stays in our crootin class because what he is saying is the biggest crock of **** ive ever heard

Advertisement
I read somewhere that Weldon's 40 yard time was in the 4.5's. I can't find it anywhere else. Anyone know?

If we're gonna run a true spread attack with QB run elements then I like his chances to be successful early. I'm just hoping he can hold up physically.

It's a lot easier for young QB's to contribute earlier in the spread. Easy reads + defenses are spread apart + it's what he played in high school.

Jacory came in here skinny as **** and he was alright. This kid is our future IMO and we'll likely have to take some lumps his Freshman year but he can be a program changer.

Speaking of the spread. Dennis Erickson's not doing anything anymore. Who better to stop by Greentree & talk spread offense than a Jack Elway disciple who won us two Titles at Miami running that very offense.
spread erickson.webp

I have officially jumped off the Pete Ariz bandwagon

This guy is phucking nuts

I looked at his highlight reel for 2 minutes and knew this guy was a project

jesus christ

Ariz was talking about Rosier getting pushed out last offseason and not only did it not happen he was the runaway backup.

Lol. Rosier barely won the backup job.

You know this how? Oh yeah from the same guys who said he wouldnt win the backup job..

Advertisement
Back