Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Advertisement
Perry is the perfect fit for our offense.

Big issue is ball security. Like you've seen with Lamar Jackson, the way Perry carries the ball leaves him prone to fumbles at this level. It's not as simple as just "coaching him how to do it" either. A lot of that is instinctual.

For me, Perry is easily a top-5 QB recruit in the country and much better than Jack Allison (whom I liked some, but not like Perry).

I'd prefer Kaaya coming back, but Perry will change our offense in a way that is much more difficult to defend. We just will need to simplify his reads and cut the field in half most games. If it's not there, he needs to take off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the biggest beneficiary will be Mark Richt. He never truly trusted Kaaya and it handcuffed his playcalling to an extent (not excusing it).

He'll now have supreme confidence in HIS guy and call the kind of game he wants to.

So Richt was handcuffed by a 3 year starter but is going to open up the playbook for a True Freshman QB. I wouldn't hold your breathe on that one.

If we're gonna run a true spread attack with QB run elements then I like his chances to be successful early. I'm just hoping he can hold up physically.

It's a lot easier for young QB's to contribute earlier in the spread. Easy reads + defenses are spread apart + it's what he played in high school.

Jacory came in here skinny as **** and he was alright. This kid is our future IMO and we'll likely have to take some lumps his Freshman year but he can be a program changer.

Luckily we'll have a top notch d to help out

Richt philosophy is run the ball and play defense. Regardless of QB, this is what will win us games. Defense and running the ball!

Advertisement
Having a true freshman start at QB does not mean your team is at a disadvantage as witnessed by USC's perofmrance tonight. But really? 150lb Perry gives us the best chance at winning? Ouch. Is Allison that bad?

Perry is bigger than 150 and usc qb is a rsfresh.

Cool. I'm sure that extra 15lbs that he really weighs is really gonna make a difference for Perry. Dude needs a year.

You mean extra 30 pounds.

I have officially jumped off the Pete Ariz bandwagon

This guy is phucking nuts

I looked at his highlight reel for 2 minutes and knew this guy was a project

jesus christ

Ariz was talking about Rosier getting pushed out last offseason and not only did it not happen he was the runaway backup.
I like to bust Pete's balls as much as the next guy but Rosier was nearly beat out by an unrecruited walk-on transfer from Texas Tech who is only here because his dad is a UM legend.

jesus christ

Ariz was talking about Rosier getting pushed out last offseason and not only did it not happen he was the runaway backup.

Well he can't be blamed completely for that. He gets that stuff from [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] among others who actually get to watch practice. Not the first 15 minutes of stretching and individual drills. We were told how great Kaaya looked this spring and fall too. None of that accounts for what happens when he actually gets hit. I've seen Rosier play once when he knew he was gonna start and he played better than fine on the road. Maybe that guy is an awful practice player.

Advertisement
If I remember correctly, last spring and fall the reason why the staff wasn't happy with Rosier wasn't based on his ability but because he tried to do too much and was prone to bad decisions. Then it seemed that he got a little better in that regard and that's when he won the back-up job. Last season he showed the ability to make plays and throw the ball when Kaaya was out with the concussion. I'd prefer the guy with experience if he proves he can lead the offense and not make mistakes.

There was also a quote from someone last spring/fall that Sherriffs might be the most athletic of the QBs currently on the roster.

Perry will be behind in reps and running the system. But it should be as simple as whoever plays best starts.

jesus christ

I like to bust Pete's balls as much as the next guy but Rosier was nearly beat out by an unrecruited walk-on transfer from Texas Tech who is only here because his dad is a UM legend.

Richt paired it down to those two for the backup spot. We have no idea how close it really was.

jesus christ

Lol. Rosier barely won the backup job.

Advertisement
This weight discussion.

Live look in at N'Kosi getting in a late night practice.

IMG_3275.webp

The math here is simple...If Perry gets this job handed to him it means Allison sucks. Period, end of story.

The staff has had a full year to watch Allison in practice, by now they have a decent idea of what he is. If this story is true...then Perry is our only hope and starting a true freshman is never the ideal proposition.

I haven't seen Perry or Allison play much so have no choice but to wait and see.

Honestly, Weldon has a big advantage , he's showing up early and his dad was a great college qb.

I'm a Perry guy but you debate how much of a jump he'll have on NP

Advertisement
This coming from the same dude that told you Rosier was going to be 4th string this year [MENTION=3785]Odin[/MENTION] and that Harley, Slaton, and Hebert were coming here.. I'm pretty sure Pete has intel from a grad assistant who just wants to put out positivity to social media. You gotta be smoking crack if you'll think a late enrolle skinny *** freshman who only throws boms and slants in his highlight is gonna come start for us..Jesus Christ WTF is wrong with yall mane? Are yall that desparate to be back?

Last edited:
How does Rozier get over looked in this situation? He has been on the team practicing against Power 5 talent and learning the playbook. He even has game experience against conference play. He actually won the game. How can anyone discount this?

I have carefully read the posts on this thread and have come to one conclusion; we not back yet.

Advertisement
Back