Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Advertisement
Also, it needs to be noted that Perry is not like Lamar Jackson in terms of his style of play...

He's not a run first QB, he's a pass first QB who can also run... He also has a cannon for an arm.

Definitely needs to work on diagnosing Defenses, but he's not going to be as terrible as some think he will be.

I personally, would redshirt him... But if he's the starter I don't think we'll be a bad team at all...
too late. thats the comparison everyone sets in stone.

Bridgewater or even Watson really are better comparisons.

Why does everyone keep talking about Perry as if he's Lamar Jackson? I know he's not Kaaya, but he had 53 carries for 97 yards a senior. He had 95 for 287 as a junior. He's not really a dual threat QB. He's not a statue, but he's not Michael Vick.

Weldon actually had more success running the ball. 174-756 in 2 years and 96-368 his senior year. He was 74-366 as a sophomore.

Based on that alone, Weldon looks to fit into Richt's style more than Perry.

Cade Weldon comin

Good backup for perry.

And when the Perry gets broken in half, Weldon starts. Works for me.

Broken in half? Texas true freshmen qb is 6'1 190. Perry can be over that by time the season starts.

Was a joke since half of this thread is people figuring out Perry's diet for the next 9 months

Oh. My bad.

Very very excited to watch our defense next year and Perry take the offense to an elite level. He will have some growing pains but in 2018 we will be in position to compete for a ship.

Advertisement
Why does everyone keep talking about Perry as if he's Lamar Jackson? I know he's not Kaaya, but he had 53 carries for 97 yards a senior. He had 95 for 287 as a junior. He's not really a dual threat QB. He's not a statue, but he's not Michael Vick.

Weldon actually had more success running the ball. 174-756 in 2 years and 96-368 his senior year. He was 74-366 as a sophomore.

Perry has Dual Threat ability, but you're correct, I wouldn't classify him as such.

His athleticism will pay off big time in that he'll be able to move around in the picket, buy time, and move the launching point, as well as run the ball when needed.

N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

like trayone gray, and all the other legends. Can we just let it play out? Perry will likely not be ready. lets not ruin him. he has alot of potentional.

This really isn't based on an opinion. This is already the talk inside the building. Miami had anticipated Kaaya's decision and Perry is the leader in the clubhouse for the job.

What about Jack allison? Is he getting left behind by the staff? I tend to lean more that it'll be a real competition between he 2 of them. Cade gets a redshirt and competes with Rosier for 3rd string? Total guesses but I feel like Perry would be a no brainer if he made it in the spring... Do you think he's overall at a better spot than Kaaya was when he got here? Or at least more so for Richts Offense?

He's a really good athlete , he just uses his legs to pass rather than tucking and running every play. Which makes covering wr's impossible.

I have officially jumped off the Pete Ariz bandwagon

This guy is phucking nuts

I looked at his highlight reel for 2 minutes and knew this guy was a project

jesus christ

Advertisement
32 TDs to 2 picks as a junior if I recall. Perry will put on weight.

So what does this mean for how the staff views Allison?

Also, it needs to be noted that Perry is not like Lamar Jackson in terms of his style of play...

He's not a run first QB, he's a pass first QB who can also run... He also has a cannon for an arm.

Definitely needs to work on diagnosing Defenses, but he's not going to be as terrible as some think he will be.

I personally, would redshirt him... But if he's the starter I don't think we'll be a bad team at all...

**** 97 yds as a senior. Jackson had that many in one quarter.

N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

like trayone gray, and all the other legends. Can we just let it play out? Perry will likely not be ready. lets not ruin him. he has alot of potentional.

This really isn't based on an opinion. This is already the talk inside the building. Miami had anticipated Kaaya's decision and Perry is the leader in the clubhouse for the job.

What about Jack allison? Is he getting left behind by the staff? I tend to lean more that it'll be a real competition between he 2 of them. Cade gets a redshirt and competes with Rosier for 3rd string? Total guesses but I feel like Perry would be a no brainer if he made it in the spring... Do you think he's overall at a better spot than Kaaya was when he got here? Or at least more so for Richts Offense?

No true freshman QB is a no-brainer. Difficult position with a huge jump in competition.

and he's the EE...

Advertisement
Pete, is the training staff working with Addidas on a procuring uniform pants small enough to not fall down Perry's legs to his ankles?

Yet he hasn't even set foot on the practice field.

Im lol'ing at the butthurt over Petes post. Like the qb battle is over.

I can already see the guys putting their Kyle flag down versus the Kirby guys lol.

Advertisement
I don't disagree with this at all...

I still think Perry needs a redshirt, but if he balls out in Spring ball I'd be more than happy with him as the starter.

I'm a huge Perry fan & believe in his ability projecting at the College level, he just needs to add some weight & he could be a deadly over the next few seasons.

He's not coming in the spring.
Yeah, your right... He'll be hear in the Fall.

If you think that Perry needs a redshirt then you really don't agree with this prediction at all!!!

I have officially jumped off the Pete Ariz bandwagon

This guy is phucking nuts

I looked at his highlight reel for 2 minutes and knew this guy was a project

jesus christ

I thought you were on the Langston bandwagon already ?

Perry has Dual Threat ability, but you're correct, I wouldn't classify him as such.

His athleticism will pay off big time in that he'll be able to move around in the picket, buy time, and move the launching point, as well as run the ball when needed.

Why doesn't Weldon? Weldon had much better rushing stats in high school. It's not like Weldon was playing against small private schools with 5-4 white kids trying to tackle him. He was at a 5A school in Tampa.

Advertisement
Back