Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

I can see if its close Perry gets the nod, but I guarantee our other qbs aren't just going to lay the red carpet out for him, Perry's got to earn it like the rest of them.

Advertisement
Perry is the perfect fit for our offense.

Big issue is ball security. Like you've seen with Lamar Jackson, the way Perry carries the ball leaves him prone to fumbles at this level. It's not as simple as just "coaching him how to do it" either. A lot of that is instinctual.

For me, Perry is easily a top-5 QB recruit in the country and much better than Jack Allison (whom I liked some, but not like Perry).

I'd prefer Kaaya coming back, but Perry will change our offense in a way that is much more difficult to defend. We just will need to simplify his reads and cut the field in half most games. If it's not there, he needs to take off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the biggest beneficiary will be Mark Richt. He never truly trusted Kaaya and it handcuffed his playcalling to an extent (not excusing it).

He'll now have supreme confidence in HIS guy and call the kind of game he wants to.

Advertisement
None of these guys seem like anything but third tier QBs ? The kind that would start one rebuilding year for a team with a powerful OL and RBs, and be barely adequate . Or are they actual real QB material?

Also, it needs to be noted that Perry is not like Lamar Jackson in terms of his style of play...

He's not a run first QB, he's a pass first QB who can also run... He also has a cannon for an arm.

Definitely needs to work on diagnosing Defenses, but he's not going to be as terrible as some think he will.

I personally, would redshirt him... But if he's the starter I don't think we'll be a bad team at all...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oh yeah, we're in trouble if we start a non-early enrollee Freshman as our starter in September. I hate that the conversation in the building is apparently going that way. No one should be a pre-determined starter at the University of Miami. That is the type of **** that we have been dealing with since Jacory. I hope this is a case of misunderstanding by Pete.

Go Canes!

Maybe they dont like what they have seen from rosier and allison.

Talk is just talk at this point....and i would HOPE coaches aren't verbally giving the job to a kid not even on campus yet who still has to earn it. It's not a good look for locker rooms. Rosier and Allison have all spring to show what they have with Perry not here. If they ball out, i see no chance Perry wins the job. He needs to gain weight and learn the playbook. Everyone drooled over Allison's tape when he came in but already moved on. And remember, Richt may want to run more RPO, but he also recruited Jacob Eason to UGA, who is not a runner.

This thread is already over ran with agendas and bs. Should be a lively off season around here.

Jacory weighed 135 when we won in Trailerhassee.

Also, Swasey is borching it up down the road.

Advertisement
N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

like trayone gray, and all the other legends. Can we just let it play out? Perry will likely not be ready. lets not ruin him. he has alot of potentional.

This really isn't based on an opinion. This is already the talk inside the building. Miami had anticipated Kaaya's decision and Perry is the leader in the clubhouse for the job.

If this is true we are in a bad situation. What a sad state we are in that you are claiming that some kid in high school that is slimmer than most runway models is who we are already pushing as the leader in the clubhouse.

Advertisement
Pete, thanks for everything you provide us fans. Comparing arm talent what is the difference between Allison and perry and running wise what is the difference between perry and rosier? Also, when does perry actually join the team?

Also, it needs to be noted that Perry is not like Lamar Jackson in terms of his style of play...

He's not a run first QB, he's a pass first QB who can also run... He also has a cannon for an arm.

Definitely needs to work on diagnosing Defenses, but he's not going to be as terrible as some think he will be.

I personally, would redshirt him... But if he's the starter I don't think we'll be a bad team at all...
too late. thats the comparison everyone sets in stone.

Advertisement
Back