Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Guess I am confused didnt Perry have like 100 yards rushing last season in high school? Dont seem like a dual threat qb to me

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Perry's a passer. People think he's a runner because he's black. He averaged less than 2 yards per carry last year.

Exactly. He's a "runner", just like Crab Legs was at FSU.

He moves around well and can extend plays, but he's not a running QB. People used to think Kenny Kelly was a running QB too.

Yes. That was my point.

Advertisement
I'm taking my hat off to Pete on this one. That was a heckuva call to make when he did. It's hard to imagine anyone else but Perry starting this fall.

From the Herald -

Sean Allison told the Miami Herald late Tuesday morning, about two hours after the younger Allison met with UM coach Mark Richt to tell him his decision, that his son “is a pocket passer, just like Mark said,’’ but that he believes the Hurricanes are heading to a more dual-threat, running-type quarterback system.

“He loves Miami. We all love Miami, but the whole direction of the program is they want a running quarterback – a dual-threat quarterback,’’ Allison’s father said. “They want a different wrinkle in their offense.

“Jack works really hard and he wants to get on the field as soon as possible, so he’s going to go some place where he can play football. Within the last hour, several schools have expressed interest.

Read more here: Here's why Jack Allison chose to leave the Miami Hurricanes | Miami Herald
So, Perry or Rosier?

I mean I still think Perry, but Shirreffs is a better athlete than Rosier so that doesn't count him out either.

You nailed the **** out of this one, Pete. Allison was the only other QB on the roster with the physical tools to win the job. His departure signals the beginning of the Perry era. You can't say it, but Sherrif and Rosier are prototypical jags, and Weldon will take a shirt. This QB contest is over and Perry hasn't even gotten here yet. Got to hope he's the real deal.

I'm taking my hat off to Pete on this one. That was a heckuva call to make when he did. It's hard to imagine anyone else but Perry starting this fall.

Not really. It's actually pretty easy to imagine someone else starting.

We all obviously do not know who will be the starting QB, but it is hard to imagine Perry doing worse in the summer/fall than what Rosier and Sherrifs did in the spring.

If the argument is Sherrifs is more athletic and a better decision maker than Rosier, but Rosier has the better arm, one can easily see that Perry is more athletic than Sherrifs, has a better arm than Rosier, and took great care of the pill in an offense that is very similar to what Richt is running. Perry will also be there for the summer installs of the offense. Though it is a guessing game for us fans, I think the odds are greater for Perry being the guy.

Advertisement
From the Herald -

Sean Allison told the Miami Herald late Tuesday morning, about two hours after the younger Allison met with UM coach Mark Richt to tell him his decision, that his son “is a pocket passer, just like Mark said,’’ but that he believes the Hurricanes are heading to a more dual-threat, running-type quarterback system.

“He loves Miami. We all love Miami, but the whole direction of the program is they want a running quarterback – a dual-threat quarterback,’’ Allison’s father said. “They want a different wrinkle in their offense.

“Jack works really hard and he wants to get on the field as soon as possible, so he’s going to go some place where he can play football. Within the last hour, several schools have expressed interest.

Read more here: Here's why Jack Allison chose to leave the Miami Hurricanes | Miami Herald
So, Perry or Rosier?

I mean I still think Perry, but Shirreffs is a better athlete than Rosier so that doesn't count him out either.

Exactly. People need to go back and listen to your conversation with Austin, and read between the lines.

Perry is going to be the guy everyone seems to forget we literally have two preseason games the first two weeks of the season i think perry will be more than ready to go against FSU. Brad Kaaya made a ton of plays against them his freshman season and i think perry is a better player than kaaya at this point in there careers.

Not really. It's actually pretty easy to imagine someone else starting.

Only if Richt is 100% wrong about Perry. I don't ever remember a coach so blatantly reminding reporters there's another QB coming in the fall. CMR is about as straight a shooter as they come. He was going to leave the door wide open for Perry regardless of what happened this spring. If Richt thought for a second Perry wasn't ready, he wouldn't be putting a young player in such a pressure situation. It's very obvious the staff believes Perry will start.

Advertisement
Plain and simple Allison didn't bring it this spring. He had the talent and opportunity to win it.

But seriously does anyone know how many True Frosh who didn't EE have ever started every game? Or just know of any players that did? I'm genuinly curious to see just how bad the odds are that Perry comes in and wins the job and plays well.

I mean I guess Kaaya did (right? ) and he played solid. But that road game against Louisville his frosh yr was definitely too big of a moment for him. Just gotta hope the FSU game wont be too big for Perry.

Perry is going to be the guy everyone seems to forget we literally have two preseason games the first two weeks of the season i think perry will be more than ready to go against FSU. Brad Kaaya made a ton of plays against them his freshman season and i think perry is a better player than kaaya at this point in there careers.

A true Freshman ready for FSU in week 3? C'mon, dude. When was the last time a true Freshman went to Tally and beat FSU?

We all obviously do not know who will be the starting QB, but it is hard to imagine Perry doing worse in the summer/fall than what Rosier and Sherrifs did in the spring.

If the argument is Sherrifs is more athletic and a better decision maker than Rosier, but Rosier has the better arm, one can easily see that Perry is more athletic than Sherrifs, has a better arm than Rosier, and took great care of the pill in an offense that is very similar to what Richt is running. Perry will also be there for the summer installs of the offense. Though it is a guessing game for us fans, I think the odds are greater for Perry being the guy.[/QUOTE]

We do know. Sherrif and Rosier are jags. You have to go with the unproven high ceiling guy over two proven jags. At this point, Perry would have to completely **** himself Jack Allison style to not be the starter.

Advertisement

A true Freshman ready for FSU in week 3? C'mon, dude. When was the last time a true Freshman went to Tally and beat FSU?

There's a first time for everything.

A true Freshman ready for FSU in week 3? C'mon, dude. When was the last time a true Freshman went to Tally and beat FSU?[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying perry is going to play like TB12 against FSU but I am saying that with our defense and running game leading the way perry will have a chance to play very well against FSU and you can take that to the bank. Perry starting will not cost us the game vs FSU and will be a big step in development into being our star qb

There's a first time for everything.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying perry is going to play like TB12 against FSU but I am saying that with our defense and running game leading the way perry will have a chance to play very well against FSU and you can take that to the bank. Perry starting will not cost us the game vs FSU and will be a big step in development into being our star qb

There's a first time for everything.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

That's the problem. Our running game has been putrid against them the last couple of years.

47 carries 82 yds 1.7 ypc

Advertisement

[/QUOTE]

That's the problem. Our running game has been putrid against them the last couple of years.

47 carries 82 yds 1.7 ypc[/QUOTE]

Assuming we use the same starting O-line we used in spring camp, I am very confident we are going to run the ball much better than we have for the last 2 years.

It took overtime for FSU to beat a freshman named Deshaun Watson. That's close enough for me(Yes, I know Watson was an EE, and yes, I know FSU's backup QB was the starter for that game).

It took overtime for FSU to beat a freshman named Deshaun Watson. That's close enough for me(Yes, I know Watson was an EE, and yes, I know FSU's backup QB was the starter for that game).

And Watson turned out to be one of the greatest college QBs to ever play the game. Do you have that type of projection for Perry? If not I'm not sure the comparison holds much weight.

i feel like perry is not being given the respect he deserves on this board i look forward to the day he gets on campus and reports begin to emerge from fall practice that he is by far the most talented QB and outplays sheriffs and rosier. Is Perry going to give us a heisman esque performance vs FSU no but i do think he will play well enough for us to win the real key to that game is our defense. realistically we aint winning that game unless our defense clicks on all cylinders that game forces a lot of sacks to short circut drives and at least two turnovers. FSU is the more talented team due to the fact there roster doesnt have a boatload of JAGS thanks folden and no D horrendous evals the last couple of classes. If the defense comes out and gives a performance of a lifetime and walton is able to run decently well i expect perry to hit richards and some of our playmakers for a few big plays. we will also need to rely on ball control and field position in order to prevent perry from having to do to much.

Advertisement
Back