Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

From the Herald -

Sean Allison told the Miami Herald late Tuesday morning, about two hours after the younger Allison met with UM coach Mark Richt to tell him his decision, that his son “is a pocket passer, just like Mark said,’’ but that he believes the Hurricanes are heading to a more dual-threat, running-type quarterback system.

“He loves Miami. We all love Miami, but the whole direction of the program is they want a running quarterback – a dual-threat quarterback,’’ Allison’s father said. “They want a different wrinkle in their offense.

“Jack works really hard and he wants to get on the field as soon as possible, so he’s going to go some place where he can play football. Within the last hour, several schools have expressed interest.

Read more here: Here's why Jack Allison chose to leave the Miami Hurricanes | Miami Herald

Is Sitkowski more athletic than Allison?

Advertisement
From the Herald -

Sean Allison told the Miami Herald late Tuesday morning, about two hours after the younger Allison met with UM coach Mark Richt to tell him his decision, that his son “is a pocket passer, just like Mark said,’’ but that he believes the Hurricanes are heading to a more dual-threat, running-type quarterback system.

“He loves Miami. We all love Miami, but the whole direction of the program is they want a running quarterback – a dual-threat quarterback,’’ Allison’s father said. “They want a different wrinkle in their offense.

“Jack works really hard and he wants to get on the field as soon as possible, so he’s going to go some place where he can play football. Within the last hour, several schools have expressed interest.

Read more here: Here's why Jack Allison chose to leave the Miami Hurricanes | Miami Herald

Is Sitkowski more athletic than Allison?

Yes. He has some pretty decent runs on his highlights.

From the Herald -

So, Perry or Rosier?

I mean I still think Perry, but Shirreffs is a better athlete than Rosier so that doesn't count him out either.

Thing is, we're not going to a "running quarterback" system. Where did he get that?

Have to think it's a dad making sense of it all. The reality is that if Allison was ready, he'd be in the lead. It's not because he's in cement shoes.

The "pocket passer" tag was foreboding the moment it left Richt's lips on Saturday. He drew that distinction, so obviously there's something Allison doesn't bring to the table. But I still maintain that if he was hitting all the right notes everywhere else he'd be right at the top.

It's a rock and hard place for Allison. He's not good enough right now and he's not going to be good enough in the future, because he has to be the best on campus AND be more versatile than he ever thought necessary.

Advertisement
From the Herald -

So, Perry or Rosier?

I mean I still think Perry, but Shirreffs is a better athlete than Rosier so that doesn't count him out either.

Not sure if I am being too dismissive about Mr. Allison's comments, but this just seems like spin from a dad who trying to protect his son’s future.

Thing is, we're not going to a "running quarterback" system. Where did he get that?

Coaches and what he sees them doing in practice. Sheriffs said they have added some stuff for the qb to run in the offense.

An occasional run by the QB as a change of a pace does not equate to a "running QB system"

None of our QB's, with the possible exception of Rosier, even remotely fit that mold.

From the Herald -

So, Perry or Rosier?

If Shirreffs is a better athlete then Rosier then idk how he isn't great.

Advertisement
DMoney said in his post yesterday that Shirreffs needs to be more consistent.

From the Herald -

So, Perry or Rosier?

If Shirreffs is a better athlete then Rosier then idk how he isn't great.

He was tall enough to beat Duke.

He didnt beat duke.

Oh yeah that's riiiiiight, those 2 TDs He threw didn't count, I forgot Elder's TD was a 14 point play...my bad.

If it wasnt for that play that game is a loss. So rosier didnt win ****.

LOL...more like, "that missed call" where Walton's knee was clearly down.

there were so many bad calls including the PI on Artie Burns the last Duke drive they scored on before the miracle. Rosier won that game, period. The miracle was karma.

Miami fans actually talking **** about Waltons knee being down after we got completely ****ed on Dukes TD?

Just to make a point to talk **** about a kid that's kept his mouth shut and worked for years?

Seriously. Kill yourselves. You're ******* worthless.

God bless this man.

From the Herald -

So, Perry or Rosier?

The opinion that UM wants a running QB is an opinion expressed by Allison's stage mom. Allison's stage mom isn't going to come out to the press and say his son is quitting because he can't beat out Shirreffs, who isn't a running QB, and Rosier. So he goes with some lame narrative. Now watch him transfer to a program that uses the same RPO principles that Rick does.

Advertisement
Guess I am confused didnt Perry have like 100 yards rushing last season in high school? Dont seem like a dual threat qb to me

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Guess I am confused didnt Perry have like 100 yards rushing last season in high school? Dont seem like a dual threat qb to me

Perry's a passer. People think he's a runner because he's black. He averaged less than 2 yards per carry last year.

Perry's a passer. People think he's a runner because he's black. He averaged less than 2 yards per carry last year.

Exactly. He's a "runner", just like Crab Legs was at FSU.

Advertisement

Exactly. He's a "runner", just like Crab Legs was at FSU.

He moves around well and can extend plays, but he's not a running QB. People used to think Kenny Kelly was a running QB too.

He's gonna look like Jim Thorpe compared to that disgrace that started the last 4 years here in terms of mobility.

He didnt beat duke.

Oh yeah that's riiiiiight, those 2 TDs He threw didn't count, I forgot Elder's TD was a 14 point play...my bad.

If it wasnt for that play that game is a loss. So rosier didnt win ****.

LOL...more like, "that missed call" where Walton's knee was clearly down.

there were so many bad calls including the PI on Artie Burns the last Duke drive they scored on before the miracle. Rosier won that game, period. The miracle was karma.

Just go back and look at the penalty yardage on UM 23-194 vs Duke 5-41. I believe Duke had 0 penalty yards in the 4th quarter.

Mr. Allison is correct in that Richt would prefer a dual threat QB going forward. Hard to dispute that. We need a guy who is a threat to either pass or move. ****, we may even strike gold with Perry and get ourselves a triple threat who can pass, move, or pass on the move.

Advertisement
Back