Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Different league but similar situations. Ben Rothlisburger showed up in May to Pittsburgh after facing **** talent in college and starts season 13-0 before losing in Championship game. Guessing that was a dumb down offense that relied on defense and run game. Skinny *** RG3 shows up in May and balls out in his first year as a rook and leads his to to an NFC title. Cam Newton, little *** Russel Wilson, Andy Dalton, etc..... You guys act like this is the worst case scenario.

Advertisement
I think Perry wins the starting job, looks amazing in the first two games, then get hit really, really hard by FSU. Francois did decent and took a lot of hits against us in a nasty environment, so it's possible that Perry survives. His skinny frame is a bit of a concern though.

But if this plays out how I suspect it will, Sheriffs and/or Rosier better be ready to take snaps at a moment's notice. Hopefully we have a lead if/when that happens and the defense can hold down the fort.

Different league but similar situations. Ben Rothlisburger showed up in May to Pittsburgh after facing **** talent in college and starts season 13-0 before losing in Championship game. Guessing that was a dumb down offense that relied on defense and run game. Skinny *** RG3 shows up in May and balls out in his first year as a rook and leads his to to an NFC title. Cam Newton, little *** Russel Wilson, Andy Dalton, etc..... You guys act like this is the worst case scenario.

You're joking with this comparison, right?

The reason people are reaching like this, and this is the biggest fūcking reach I've ever seen on this site, is because there is not one single example in the history of college football for what should be our minimum expectation this year - 10/11 wins and a Corstal title.

The minimum expectation this year should be 10 wins and a coastal title. For this to be accomplished, Perry would have to come in and do something that has never ever been done in college football.

Now if he gets the nod, I will be 100% behind him, and hoping that we achieve we need to achieve. But the fact is is, will take a historic legendary performance for him to do this. That's a lot of weight on a true freshmans shoulders, especially since it's never been done before.

Just skimmed through all the posts in this thread, and **** is everyone divided. Also made me realize for the first time there are a bunch of Weldon and Allison fans. I can't wait for Burberry Perry to get on campus and see how the opinions change

Advertisement
If Perry is the guy after fall camp, IMO, Richt should start him game one and let it ride. Get him as many snaps prior to week 3 vs FSU

LOL, Legendary performance to beat up on the crap schedule we have ahead of us?? Stop It!

Yes. By the quarterback. Legendary because it's never been done before in college football. Ever.

Next time, try for a smart *** response that actually takes actual facts into consideration and makes sense.

Bama's QB Hurt did it just this last season. So all this "100%", "facts", "never" talk is extra and unnecessary. How, where, why Hurt was able to be successful as a true freshman is besides *your* initial point.

Advertisement
There's always an excuse to get the answer you want. And if and when Perry gets his 10 wins, the next fan will simply say......Yeah Miami had a monster defense and a run game that did all the work. And against a crap schedule. Lets me honest Canes Fans, At the end of the year when the Bull **** committee gets together and Miami is undefeated or has one loss, there going to simply say, "Who did they play and beat?"

But for the bolded section, I would be more persuaded by this. Recent experience tells me losing to F$U is often the start of a losing streak. 2016, 2014, and 2013 were seasons with promise until we lost to f$u and things got ugly. That game is physically and emotionally draining every year, and it seems to me there is a carry-over effect. This year it's the third game of the season. Whoever the coaches put in, he better be mentally tough and prepared to walk into Doak Campbell and bring the pain (I know our defense will be).

My response to that is simple. Do the other two guys give you a great shot against FSU? Shirreffs can't drive the ball, so FSU can sit on short stuff and dare him to beat them deep. Bad matchup.

Rosier is mistake prone and not that talented compared to the FSU defense. They can turn his mistakes into points. And while he has one game of road experience against Duke, that was one of the worst pass defenses in the country.

So I don't think any of the options look that great against FSU at that point of the season. The rest of the schedule shapes up perfect for a true freshman who needs reps, assuming he's got the goods.

Jacory was a freshman the last time we beat FSU. It was at Doak in his 3rd career start. Exactly the same setup for Perry.

Was not a freshmans

Then wiki is wrong.

But for the bolded section, I would be more persuaded by this. Recent experience tells me losing to F$U is often the start of a losing streak. 2016, 2014, and 2013 were seasons with promise until we lost to f$u and things got ugly. That game is physically and emotionally draining every year, and it seems to me there is a carry-over effect. This year it's the third game of the season. Whoever the coaches put in, he better be mentally tough and prepared to walk into Doak Campbell and bring the pain (I know our defense will be).

My response to that is simple. Do the other two guys give you a great shot against FSU? Shirreffs can't drive the ball, so FSU can sit on short stuff and dare him to beat them deep. Bad matchup.

Rosier is mistake prone and not that talented compared to the FSU defense. They can turn his mistakes into points. And while he has one game of road experience against Duke, that was one of the worst pass defenses in the country.

So I don't think any of the options look that great against FSU at that point of the season. The rest of the schedule shapes up perfect for a true freshman who needs reps, assuming he's got the goods.

Jacory was a freshman the last time we beat FSU. It was at Doak in his 3rd career start. Exactly the same setup for Perry.

Was not a freshmans

Then wiki is wrong.

Then it's wrong because he was most definitely a sophomore

I want Perry in a redshirt carrying a clip board, and getting educated for "Storm 18"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement

You're joking with this comparison, right?

The reason people are reaching like this, and this is the biggest fūcking reach I've ever seen on this site, is because there is not one single example in the history of college football for what should be our minimum expectation this year - 10/11 wins and a Corstal title.

The minimum expectation this year should be 10 wins and a coastal title. For this to be accomplished, Perry would have to come in and do something that has never ever been done in college football.

Now if he gets the nod, I will be 100% behind him, and hoping that we achieve we need to achieve. But the fact is is, will take a historic legendary performance for him to do this. That's a lot of weight on a true freshmans shoulders, especially since it's never been done before.

pretty much on target.

think about the reasons evan is leading this race:

he is mentally tough, whip smart, steady, and has the best leadership skills of the current crop of QB's. that's a tall order for a kid to fill showing up 4 weeks before the first game of his college football career.

Advertisement

I hear you. The best thing anyone has to say about Sherriffs is that he protects the football and manages the game. Rosier is somewhat more experienced but he is prone to making mistakes with the football because he writes checks his arm isn't talented enough to cash. Meanwhile, Allison has the most arm-talent but it sounds like he's the most inconsistent. So I get why everyone is hopeful Perry can come in and win the job. Assuming Perry's the best player at the end of the summer and the coaches believe he has the stones, then put him in. But that'll tell me a lot more about the guys already here than it will about Perry.

Last edited:

Was not a freshmans

Then wiki is wrong.

Nah...

"During the first game of his sophomore season against #18Florida State, Harris went 21-of-34 for 386 passing yards"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacory_Harris

Was not a freshmans

Then wiki is wrong.

Then it's wrong because he was most definitely a sophomore

It was Jacory's 3rd start overall, but it was the first game of his sophomore year. And Jacory had almost 200 pass attempts as a Freshman splitting time with Robert Marve. And that f$u team lost five other games that year.

Advertisement
Back