Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Coley coddled Kaaya that first game against Louisville. He played well once they started letting him play.

Advertisement
If we start Perry this season it's going to be a DISASTER.

That dude is no where near ready to be a starting QB at a P5 school, I don't care how talented he is. We will basically throw away this season if we start Perry and I will be seriously ****ed. This dude is coming in late May! Kaaya did it but he was about 20 times more polished than Perry, the offense he ran in HS was more sophisticated, AND he had a private QB coach that had been working with him for 4 years at that point. Perry plays against marginal competition and runs a very basic offense

Roll Rosier out there this year as a game manager with some wheels, allow Perry to RS and grow, and then if he can win it in 2018 hand him the keys and let him go.

Rosier gives us the best chance to win THIS YEAR.

This reminds me a lot of Georgia. They had a few 4 star talents that didn't pan out. Richt went after Eason hard and was going to be his starter. Eason had an ok year, maybe would have done better under Richt. Same thing here. It looks like we have a few QB's that haven't stepped up and Richt has found his man, Perry, and will give him every opportunity to be the starter. I'll be shocked if Perry doesn't start, especially since we start against 2 weak teams. On the job training will go into effect and 2018 will be the year we are a top 4 team and in the playoffs.

Everyone on this board is underestimating just how hard it would be for a non-early-enrollee true freshmans to start in a major P5 program. The amount of work, the amount of study, the amount of physical development, the amount of mental preparation, it is off the charts.

Find me one true freshmans starter from a P5 program in the last 20 years whose team won at least 10 games.

I'll hang up and wait for your answers.

I've been asking for this info for the past several months. No one has anything. Perry would have been a good starter in Rick's first year when the expectations were low and the team wasn't expecting to win anything. Losing 4 or 5 games this year with this team would really suck ***.

Not to mention, if you make the decision to start a true freshmans QB it's tough to yank him if he sucks because you run the risk of ruining him. If you start a true freshmans who practiced for a month you're basically accepting that you're going to struggle with him.

Advertisement
Everyone on this board is underestimating just how hard it would be for a non-early-enrollee true freshmans to start in a major P5 program. The amount of work, the amount of study, the amount of physical development, the amount of mental preparation, it is off the charts.

Find me one true freshmans starter from a P5 program in the last 20 years whose team won at least 10 games.

I've been asking for this info for the past several months. No one has anything. Perry would have been a good starter in Rick's first year when the expectations were low and the team wasn't expecting to win anything. Losing 4 or 5 games this year with this team would really suck ***.

Not to mention, if you make the decision to start a true freshmans QB it's tough to yank him if he sucks because you run the risk of ruining him. If you start a true freshmans who practiced for a month you're basically accepting that you're going to struggle with him.

People have completely lost their minds.

They're expecting something that has NEVER been done.

A pass first, non-dual threat true freshmans QB to come in and win 10-11 games.

Look, maybe Perry is the first QB ever in the history of the world to do it. I guess it's possible, but I wouldn't expect it.

Any qb we throw out there we proll losing that week 3 game at fsu, I dont think any of the qbs r ready for fsu who brings a loaded defense this season. I dont trust anyone but I do get what u mean with the ruining ****.....i hope not. All these qbs r buns to me except Perry but he aint beating fsu if he did he would turn to a God instantly.

Advertisement

People have completely lost their minds.

They're expecting something that has NEVER been done.

A pass first, non-dual threat true freshmans QB to come in and win 10-11 games.

Look, maybe Perry is the first QB ever in the history of the world to do it. I guess it's possible, but I wouldn't expect it.

If we start Perry which I think will happen we will struggle alot..............I think with any qb in there we have to chill out with the 10-11 win talk.

If Perry gets the nod, Allison is gone.

If Perry gets the job and does well..Sitkowski may be gone too. But I don't care... may the best man win period. If Perry does well that will bring in another top talent at QB in 2019.

Why would stikowski be gone? When he gets on campus perry will be a sophmore. Stikowski takes a rs and he is a freshmen in perry junior season.

Advertisement

Terrell pryor in 2008 didnt enroll until august 1st. He didnt start right away but did start the last 9 games of the season. Ohio state went 10-3 that year. Tom savage in 2009 didnt enroll early and started all 12 games. Rutgers went 9-4 that year and savage eventually transferred to pitt.

And we won 6 games.

Kaaya was one of the two most productive passers in the ACC as a summer enrollee. If Perry produces like that, with a much better situation around him, I love our chances.

I appreciate the historical analysis, but this is a new era. Kids throw year-round in highly competitive environments. A true freshman started the championship game, and two of the other QBs in the playoffs (Watson and Browning) started as true freshmen.

It's all a projection until Perry gets here, but if he's the real deal the time is now. The other options are uninspring and the team is built for a young quarterback. Elite running back, big-time #1 WR and TE, veteran offensive line. This is the year to break him in. I suspect Richt is already trying to figure out how to build an offense that makes it easy for him.

And we won 6 games.

Kaaya was one of the two most productive passers in the ACC as a summer enrollee. If Perry produces like that, with a much better situation around him, I love our chances.

I appreciate the historical analysis, but this is a new era. Kids throw year-round in highly competitive environments. A true freshman started the championship game, and two of the other QBs in the playoffs (Watson and Browning) started as true freshmen.

It's all a projection until Perry gets here, but if he's the real deal the time is now. The other options are uninspring and the team is built for a young quarterback. Elite running back, big-time #1 WR and TE, veteran offensive line. This is the year to break him in. I suspect Richt is already trying to figure out how to build an offense that makes it easy for him.

Kaaya finished second in almost every ACC QB stat that year. Our defense was in the hundreds, I believe. Look no further.

Advertisement
And we won 6 games.

I agree. There will be mistakes but i would rather have a young talented guy out there making his freshmen mistakes than guys who have been here 3 and 4 years out there doing it.

Hate when people say our season is doomed if we start a freshman. What have the other qbs done on the roster for you to be so confident in their ability?... if perry the best start him

And we won 6 games.

I only caught part of Richt's interview on WQAM this morning but he said that if they start a young/new guy, they'd use a simplified playbook rather than throw the whole thing at him. Sounds like a plan.

Advertisement
Back