Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Terrifying position for the programme to be in.

Starting a Fr QB who isn't even here yet. Good lord. Unless he's the second coming we're going to waste this defence.

Advertisement
If Perry is the starting QB the first game then Richt better have one of these other kids that he has seemly already made the decision on that they can't play cause a 175 lb running QB isn't lasting the season in P5 football..

And if it's already been decided that Perrys skill set is the best fit for his offense why didn't Weldon get more run.Hes bigger,faster and has a better arm.He may lack Perrys elusiveness but all those other attributes more than make up for that.Perry needs a RS and about 15-20 lbs before he ever steps on a college playing field.

I still think Allison is the kid that has the most talent on the roster but Richt needs to figure out a way to get through to him.Hopefully he can because even if Perry does start the season it won't be long before Richt is turning around looking for the backup because His 175 lb freshman just got crushed during the "R" part of his RPO offense.

Weldon is faster but watch the film Perry has 100 times the pocket awareness

Everyone on this board is underestimating just how hard it would be for a non-early-enrollee true freshmans to start in a major P5 program. The amount of work, the amount of study, the amount of physical development, the amount of mental preparation, it is off the charts.

Find me one true freshmans starter from a P5 program in the last 20 years whose team won at least 10 games.

I'll hang up and wait for your answers.

Advertisement
Everyone on this board is underestimating just how hard it would be for a non-early-enrollee true freshmans to start in a major P5 program. The amount of work, the amount of study, the amount of physical development, the amount of mental preparation, it is off the charts.

Find me one true freshmans starter from a P5 program in the last 20 years whose team won at least 10 games.

I know what team this is but... wasn't Jalem Hurts a true freshman?

I know what team this is but... wasn't Jalem Hurts a true freshman?

Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course Jalen. A running back behind center, with most positions 5 stars in the 3-deep at Alabama.

Ok - that's one.

Any more?

It is not as hard as some are making it out to be. Brad Kaaya did it. He already has the playbook with the D we should have, it won't be on his shoulders to win games.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
It is not as hard as some are making it out to be. Brad Kaaya did it. He already has the playbook with the D we should have, it won't be on his shoulders to win games.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Exactly Kaaya threw for over 3,000 yards and 26 TDS as a True Freshman who didn't enroll early. If Perry can come close to that production we'll be fine. And yes Kaaya didn't win 10 games but we had idiot coaching staff.

Perry is a better pro-prospect than Kaaya right now.... Richt believes he has Charlie Ward type magic with much better physical ability... I will take that along with this perfect 2017 schedule and Defense to lead us to our 1st ACC Championship

Of course Jalen. A running back behind center, with most positions 5 stars in the 3-deep at Alabama.

Ok - that's one.

Any more?

Hurts enrolled early. Was there in January.

When is Perry set to be here? IIRC, Kaaya made it to campus at the beginning of the summer. People can spin this any way they like, but if one of our rivals was banking on a true freshman that hadn't even arrived on campus yet, we'd be mocking them.

Advertisement

Ok - that's one.

Any more?

Hurts enrolled early. Was there in January.

When is Perry set to be here? IIRC, Kaaya made it to campus at the beginning of the summer. People can spin this any way they like, but if one of our rivals was banking on a true freshman that hadn't even arrived on campus yet, we'd be mocking them.

Perry arrives in May

So far just one guy, Jalen Hurts, basically a running back, who enrolled early, and played for a historic dynastic multiple-NCs powerhouse that has had number 1 recruiting classes every year consecutively for 5 or more years.

Talent at every position, layers deep.

And remember this, was never asked to win games with his arm.

I'm still waiting for all these true freshmans QBs that have led their teams to ten or more wins.

Perry is a better pro-prospect than Kaaya right now.... Richt believes he has Charlie Ward type magic with much better physical ability... I will take that along with this perfect 2017 schedule and Defense to lead us to our 1st ACC Championship

Do you mean better physical ability than Charlie Ward? That's crazy talk.

Advertisement
So far just one guy, Jalen Hurts, basically a running back, who enrolled early, and played for a historic dynastic multiple-NCs powerhouse that has had number 1 recruiting classes every year consecutively for 5 or more years.

Talent at every position, layers deep.

And remember this, was never asked to win games with his arm.

I'm still waiting for all these true freshmans QBs that have led their teams to ten or more wins.

Unlike all those other true freshman QBs, Perry's situation is going to be pretty **** good. He is going to have what looks to be a much improved O-line protecting him, great talent at receiver and tight end to throw to, a running game that is going to take a lot of pressure off him, and a defense that is going to keep his team in every game he plays in. Also, aside from Florida State and Virginia Tech, I don't see any team on the schedule that is good on defense(Don't try to say Arkansas State is going to give him problems).

Richt doesn't play favorites. It would be very difficult for someone who didn't early to beat someone who has gone a whole season and spring in the system.

Richt doesn't play favorites. It would be very difficult for someone who didn't early to beat someone who has gone a whole season and spring in the system.

I up-voted your post because this is exactly what I have been saying all along. I posted this in another thread:

"I have been and still going against the grain on this one, being in the very small minority who believe Rosier is our best chance THIS YEAR to win most of the games especially FSU game. Perry will have his chance to be elite next year after soaking up the playbook and gradually earring the needed experience and leadership skills. Give him a chance to be groomed like Crab Legs had at FSU and when he starts next year he should be lights out."

Advertisement
Back