Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on da line now: Perry does not start the first game for Miami in 2017. (Drops mike and exits)

Advertisement
Funny the same people boo hoo'in about people discounting Weldon, are the same ones discounting a kid with with a road win against a ranked opponent under His belt...crying bout' a fan poll LOL...must be because He's beige LOL.

So much wrong with this, lets take this post step by step:

1) Rosier did not beat Duke, a fluke kickoff return beat Duke. If that miracle doesn't transpire, then he wouldn't have been credited with a "win."
2) Its fricken Duke, I don't care if they were ranked 22nd or whatever. Miami fans should not be applauding that we beat Duke, who has a team littered with 2 stars that Miami doesn't even look at.
3) Wasn't Rosier the same kid who contributed to a 58-0 loss against Clemson the week before? I'm sorry, but in one year he did not suddenly turn into a football messiah.
4) Rosier has one year left. Why would we start a career backup? Instead, the logical approach would be to groom a kid and give him experience, so that 2018 is the year we win the ACC and try to compete for a playoff birth. If we start Rosier, then we cannot do this, as we would have to accept all the first year qb hiccups in 2018.

Bottomline: Rosier is serviceable but not what we need. Personally, I would even take Sheriffs before him. However, if Rosier is the starter in 2017, that means our qb's are pretty much garbage, and as Cane's fans, that would not be a good sign.

Rosier has two years left. Same class as Kaaya, but redshirted.

Funny the same people boo hoo'in about people discounting Weldon, are the same ones discounting a kid with with a road win against a ranked opponent under His belt...crying bout' a fan poll LOL...must be because He's beige LOL.

So much wrong with this, lets take this post step by step:

1) Rosier did not beat Duke, a fluke kickoff return beat Duke. If that miracle doesn't transpire, then he wouldn't have been credited with a "win."
2) Its fricken Duke, I don't care if they were ranked 22nd or whatever. Miami fans should not be applauding that we beat Duke, who has a team littered with 2 stars that Miami doesn't even look at.
3) Wasn't Rosier the same kid who contributed to a 58-0 loss against Clemson the week before? I'm sorry, but in one year he did not suddenly turn into a football messiah.
4) Rosier has one year left. Why would we start a career backup? Instead, the logical approach would be to groom a kid and give him experience, so that 2018 is the year we win the ACC and try to compete for a playoff birth. If we start Rosier, then we cannot do this, as we would have to accept all the first year qb hiccups in 2018.

Bottomline: Rosier is serviceable but not what we need. Personally, I would even take Sheriffs before him. However, if Rosier is the starter in 2017, that means our qb's are pretty much garbage, and as Cane's fans, that would not be a good sign.

Rosier has two years left. Same class as Kaaya, but redshirted.

Rosier had the best game of a UM qb that year.

Advertisement
It makes perfect sense.

If you have a stable of upper classmen QB's who are inconsistent, throw picks, and make poor decisions you might as well play your True Freshman and future of the team, who at the very worse is even with them in skill set as of right now, and at best will be on another stratosphere in comparison after a little seasoning.

Give him the Francois treatment and bring him along slowly. Let Walton and the playmakers carry the load early on.

It makes perfect sense.

If you have a stable of upper classmen QB's who are inconsistent, throw picks, and make poor decisions you might as well play your True Freshman and future of the team, who at the very worse is even with them in skill set as of right now, and at best will be on another stratosphere in comparison after a little seasoning.

Give him the Francois treatment and bring him along slowly. Let Walton and the playmakers carry the load early on.

Francois got redshirted after enrolling early and only having Golson and Maguire in front of him. Not that different from Perry's situation to be honest besides the enrolling early part. Richt might just be as demanding of his QBs as Jimbo. So thats the type of challenge Perry has to overcome to get to play right away.

Francois was also more physically ready before enrolling and rated a better prospect. Still a redshirt.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It makes perfect sense.

Wasn't Francois a RS Freshman?

It makes perfect sense.

Francois got redshirted.

This. Normally, I would agree that starting a freshman qb is not that big of a deal anymore. However, the difference is that most freshman qb's who start nowadays were usually redshirted, or at the very least, they were present for spring ball.

How many successful true freshman qb's are there who show up for the first time in the summer? I am genuinely asking, but I believe I already know the answer. I want Perry to kill it, but his inexperience could cause us to lose some games that we should win. But at the end of the day, if he's clearly the best, then you got to start him.

If Perry is the starting QB the first game then Richt better have one of these other kids that he has seemly already made the decision on that they can't play cause a 175 lb running QB isn't lasting the season in P5 football..

And if it's already been decided that Perrys skill set is the best fit for his offense why didn't Weldon get more run.Hes bigger,faster and has a better arm.He may lack Perrys elusiveness but all those other attributes more than make up for that.Perry needs a RS and about 15-20 lbs before he ever steps on a college playing field.

I still think Allison is the kid that has the most talent on the roster but Richt needs to figure out a way to get through to him.Hopefully he can because even if Perry does start the season it won't be long before Richt is turning around looking for the backup because His 175 lb freshman just got crushed during the "R" part of his RPO offense.

Advertisement
If Perry is the starting QB the first game then Richt better have one of these other kids that he has seemly already made the decision on that they can't play cause a 175 lb running QB isn't lasting the season in P5 football..

And if it's already been decided that Perrys skill set is the best fit for his offense why didn't Weldon get more run.Hes bigger,faster and has a better arm.He may lack Perrys elusiveness but all those other attributes more than make up for that.Perry needs a RS and about 15-20 lbs before he ever steps on a college playing field.

I still think Allison is the kid that has the most talent on the roster but Richt needs to figure out a way to get through to him.Hopefully he can because even if Perry does start the season it won't be long before Richt is turning around looking for the backup because His 175 lb freshman just got crushed during the "R" part of his RPO offense.

That would be a handoff to the RB.

Perry is not a running QB.

[MENTION=17085]KWConch[/MENTION]...
I still think Allison is the kid that has the most talent on the roster but Richt needs to figure out a way to get through to him.

No disrespect, but what Championship caliber QB at UM did a coach ever have to get "through to"?

He's getting left in the dust by 2 QBs who were probably 5*s combined coming outta HS...if that doesn't "get through" to Him, no amount of persuasion from Richt will.

Advertisement
I think you're right Peter and I think starting a true freshman spells trouble. Wish FSU was athe end of the season.

I think you're right Peter and I think starting a true freshman spells trouble. Wish FSU was athe end of the season.

Beat everyone we are suppose to beat and we will get a second shot at FSU at the end of the season
- Still supporting the team but going to Tally however our OL will get blown up

Advertisement
Back