Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Little fact: If Perry was white everyone would be looking at his 1 yard per carry against weak HS competition as a red flag wondering if we're stuck with another lead-footed QB. Instead, we have dopes mentioning Lamar Jackson and Deshawn Watson.

Anybody who watches Perry's clips can see that he is an extremely quick, coordinated athlete. I've always compared him to Teddy Bridgewater, who also didn't put up huge stats as a runner. He is a run-to-throw guy.

I like Perry's potential. But unless he's a savant there is zero chance he enrolled in the summer and is comfortable enough running the whole offense to be the starter. Zero chance.

Nobody is going to be able to run the whole offense like Kaaya did. Rosier is smart but makes a lot of dumb decisions. He also struggles in the pocket due to his height and lack of accuracy. Allison is more of a talented gunslinger than a cerebral guy. Weldon and Perry are freshmen. Shireffs is probably smart enough to do it but we haven't seen him throw the ball well enough.

If you're going to pare down the offense, you might as well do it for the most talented guy. We don't know who that is yet, but it could be one of the freshmen.

Thankfully, IMO 2017 seems like a pretty good year to break in a new QB:

- RB who will be one of the top backs in the ACC
- OL with another year of experience and more depth (praying that it will be better, but they did come on pretty strong late in the season)
- Go-to WR

At least there's that, right?

Advertisement

- OL with another year of experience and more depth (praying that it will be better, but they did come on pretty strong late in the season)
- Go-to WR

And most importantly, a great defense.

Ok, you win. Perry is Lamar Jackson and Weldon is Brad Kaaya. Perry will win 12 Heisman's and Weldon will transfer to FAMU.

C'mon, man.

All I did was present facts. Perry isn't the freak athlete Lamar Jackson is, and Weldon isn't a statue.

I'm just sick of everyone crowning Perry and discounting Weldon when Weldon looks more ready to step in day one and looks pretty **** impressive. I think people want to think Perry is going to be the next Watson or Jackson. I mean Sebastian's Pub (I think) had a poll on twitter the other day about who will start and Weldon got 9% while freakin Rosier had 21%. I think that's absurd.

- Go-to WR

And most importantly, a great defense.

**** yes. Just hoping we don't waste it a la Brock Berlin circa 2003...

Last edited:
This will come as a surprise, but I think all five qbs end up starting at some point in the season. Remember they will be playing behind this death trap of an offensive line. Here is how it plays out :

Game 1-2: Perry starts. Plays like the lovechild of Lamar Jackson and Teddy Bridgewater. Richt looks like a genius.
Game 3: Perry gets driven into ground in the backfield and is almost snapped in half. Fortunately just a broken clavicle. Out for season. Capt Jack Allison steps in.
Game 4-5. Allison looks like the second coming of Vinny Testaverde. Fans call Richt a dummy for not starting him game 1.
Game 6: Allison blindsided and ruptures spleen. Out for season. In a shocker, Rosier is next man up. First snap Rosier gets crushed after a whiffed block by the OL and is declared clinically dead on field. Water boy revives him with a sip of water from a sacred Alaskan Glacier that has been blessed by an Eskimo shaman. Misses rest of season. In steps Weldon.
Game 7-9: Weldon runs so fast he makes Michael Vick look like Brad Kaaya. Fans call Richt a dummy for not starting him.
Game 10: Weldon gets mono (after sharing a soda with one of the offensive linemen). Out for season. In comes Evan "I shot the" Sherriffs. Sherriff leads Miami to ACC title. Fans call Richt a dummy.

9.5/10

Advertisement
Ok, you win. Perry is Lamar Jackson and Weldon is Brad Kaaya. Perry will win 12 Heisman's and Weldon will transfer to FAMU.

C'mon, man.

All I did was present facts. Perry isn't the freak athlete Lamar Jackson is, and Weldon isn't a statue.

I'm just sick of everyone crowning Perry and discounting Weldon when Weldon looks more ready to step in day one and looks pretty **** impressive. I think people want to think Perry is going to be the next Watson or Jackson. I mean Sebastian's Pub (I think) had a poll on twitter the other day about who will start and Weldon got 9% while freakin Rosier had 21%. I think that's absurd.

I think everyone discounting Weldon will only lead him to become more hungry. He's gonna come in here with a point to prove and I firmly believe he can beat out Allison and win the starting job.

Funny the same people boo hoo'in about people discounting Weldon, are the same ones discounting a kid with with a road win against a ranked opponent under His belt...crying bout' a fan poll LOL...must be because He's beige LOL.

Advertisement
I am an objective on this because I just want the best guy starting, and going strictly off the eye test and what I see on film, I think Weldon is the better QB of the two (Perry) and "might" even have the higher upside in our system. He's also going to have a big advantage getting here early to participate in the S&C program and Spring practice. That's just my own opinion.

I just really like Weldon, based on what I see on tape. I really like him; I think he has all the tools. Kid is accurate as ****, a strong arm, quick release and he has ELITE footwork

Perry has skills and the arm talent, but I think he's going to need to be coached up quite a bit to get pro style offense, game ready. I think he can get there, but I think Weldon will be more ready from the getgo, and will have the distinct advantage of participating in Spring practice

I think people want to think Perry is going to be the next Watson or Jackson.

He will be.

CeH2AbjXEAEj5RL.webp

Funny the same people boo hoo'in about people discounting Weldon, are the same ones discounting a kid with with a road win against a ranked opponent under His belt...crying bout' a fan poll LOL...must be because He's beige LOL.

So much wrong with this, lets take this post step by step:

1) Rosier did not beat Duke, a fluke kickoff return beat Duke. If that miracle doesn't transpire, then he wouldn't have been credited with a "win."
2) Its fricken Duke, I don't care if they were ranked 22nd or whatever. Miami fans should not be applauding that we beat Duke, who has a team littered with 2 stars that Miami doesn't even look at.
3) Wasn't Rosier the same kid who contributed to a 58-0 loss against Clemson the week before? I'm sorry, but in one year he did not suddenly turn into a football messiah.
4) Rosier has one year left. Why would we start a career backup? Instead, the logical approach would be to groom a kid and give him experience, so that 2018 is the year we win the ACC and try to compete for a playoff birth. If we start Rosier, then we cannot do this, as we would have to accept all the first year qb hiccups in 2018.

Bottomline: Rosier is serviceable but not what we need. Personally, I would even take Sheriffs before him. However, if Rosier is the starter in 2017, that means our qb's are pretty much garbage, and as Cane's fans, that would not be a good sign.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It's not just about straight line speed...it's the ability to cut and change direction (lateral quickness) in a fluid manner, without much dropoff in speed.

This.

I don't know how people can watch both players on tape and conclude Weldon is more mobile.

I'm not saying he isn't mobile, but Perry is clearly quicker.
So quick and elusive that he ran for 90 yards on 56 carries against mostly terrible competition.

Yeah, I'm not seeing how Perry is clearly quicker either. We know that Perry is a 4.8 guy, and I'd imagine Weldon is about the same.

I like the Bridgewater comparison for Perry. I don't think it's out of the question to say that Weldon is more comfortable taking off and running, while Perry is more comfortable moving around behind the LOS to set up the pass.

Advertisement
Little fact: If Perry was white everyone would be looking at his 1 yard per carry against weak HS competition as a red flag wondering if we're stuck with another lead-footed QB. Instead, we have dopes mentioning Lamar Jackson and Deshawn Watson.

Anybody who watches Perry's clips can see that he is an extremely quick, coordinated athlete. I've always compared him to Teddy Bridgewater, who also didn't put up huge stats as a runner. He is a run-to-throw guy.

I like Perry's potential. But unless he's a savant there is zero chance he enrolled in the summer and is comfortable enough running the whole offense to be the starter. Zero chance.

Nobody is going to be able to run the whole offense like Kaaya did. Rosier is smart but makes a lot of dumb decisions. He also struggles in the pocket due to his height and lack of accuracy. Allison is more of a talented gunslinger than a cerebral guy. Weldon and Perry are freshmen. Shireffs is probably smart enough to do it but we haven't seen him throw the ball well enough.

If you're going to pare down the offense, you might as well do it for the most talented guy. We don't know who that is yet, but it could be one of the freshmen.
Couple things. You mention Teddy The Crank didn't put up big run numbers at Northwestern. Perry with 90 yards on 56 carries wasn't in the stratosphere of big running numbers. What were Teddy's rushing numbers?

Second, you say no one is going to be able to run the whole offense. If you've been here two years you **** sure should be able to handle the book. Rosier might not run things Kaaya ran, but Kaaya couldn't run things that Rosier can.

And I can guarantee you Shirreffs knows the playbook inside out.

There is paring back. And then there would be running basically a shell of the book, which is what you would have to do with Perry unless he's a super fast learning savant.

- Go-to WR

Walton won't be a top ACC RB without the benefit of a very credible passing game. He did his best work off the passing game. When we lined up and tried to go smash mouth run-first Walton struggled badly. When we threw the ball well Walton was much better.

Yeah, I'm not seeing how Perry is clearly quicker either.

Really? Where did Cade show any of the elusiveness in this clip?

[video=youtube;pZ6P1FVKJ0k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ6P1FVKJ0k[/video]

I think Cade runs well, but he doesn't look nearly as quick to me.

Advertisement
Back