Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

Richt doesn't play favorites. It would be very difficult for someone who didn't early to beat someone who has gone a whole season and spring in the system.

If Perry is as good as advertised, it shouldn't be that difficult for him to beat out Rosier, Shirreffs, and Allison. Talent overrides experience.

Advertisement
Richt doesn't play favorites. It would be very difficult for someone who didn't early to beat someone who has gone a whole season and spring in the system.

I up-voted your post because this is exactly what I have been saying all along. I posted this in another thread:

"I have been and still going against the grain on this one, being in the very small minority who believe Rosier is our best chance THIS YEAR to win most of the games especially FSU game. Perry will have his chance to be elite next year after soaking up the playbook and gradually earring the needed experience and leadership skills. Give him a chance to be groomed like Crab Legs had at FSU and when he starts next year he should be lights out."

If Rosier starts this year and Perry ends up starting in 2018, then we probably failed in winning the Coastal this year. You do know that right?

I up-voted your post because this is exactly what I have been saying all along. I posted this in another thread:

"I have been and still going against the grain on this one, being in the very small minority who believe Rosier is our best chance THIS YEAR to win most of the games especially FSU game. Perry will have his chance to be elite next year after soaking up the playbook and gradually earring the needed experience and leadership skills. Give him a chance to be groomed like Crab Legs had at FSU and when he starts next year he should be lights out."

If Rosier starts this year and Perry ends up starting in 2018, then we probably failed in winning the Coastal this year. You do know that right?

nah. Don't sleep on malik.

Pete, thanks for the work! As far as running the ball in the RPO, is Perry more of a threat than Rosier or is Rosier more of a threat when running the ball?

Advertisement
Of course Jalen. A running back behind center, with most positions 5 stars in the 3-deep at Alabama.

Ok - that's one.

Any more?

Hurts enrolled early. Was there in January.

When is Perry set to be here? IIRC, Kaaya made it to campus at the beginning of the summer. People can spin this any way they like, but if one of our rivals was banking on a true freshman that hadn't even arrived on campus yet, we'd be mocking them.

Truth is, you don't know what will happen. At this stage all the mocking--coming or going--about this subject would be nonsense. Francois wasn't a TF but he has it, and that's all you could hope for with Perry.

If Perry is as good as advertised, it shouldn't be that difficult for him to beat out Rosier, Shirreffs, and Allison. Talent overrides experience.

All of our incoming players are advertised. At this point it looks like Allison is out and he was supposed to be the guy. Some posters liked him better than Eason. Kaaya had a professional QB coach and NFL talent all around him and he struggled the first few games. Maybe everyone we have sucks and Perry wins the job, but he isn't and won't be ready to have us compete in the coastal. It reminds me of DJ Shockleys hype.

All of our incoming players are advertised. At this point it looks like Allison is out and he was supposed to be the guy. Some posters liked him better than Eason. Kaaya had a professional QB coach and NFL talent all around him and he struggled the first few games. Maybe everyone we have sucks and Perry wins the job, but he isn't and won't be ready to have us compete in the coastal. It reminds me of DJ Shockleys hype.

Thing is, the entire Coastal is replacing their QB. Defense, Mark Walton, and the QB improving each week should allow us to compete in the Coastal.

I think it's more hope than hype. It's fueled by the lackluster performance of the current QBs for the ultra optimistic fan...and Coach Mark Richt.

Advertisement
I think Rosier gives us the best chance to win this year. This is Perry or Arts team next year.

Art's team next year? Do you think that's even remotely possible?

A true freshmans who has yet to have even one good season in high school.

Sure.

It's like people go all stupid because of some decent seven on seven highlights. He's a great prospect. Great physical measurables. He looks the part. Looks like a stud. Has to show it on the field and has not done that. Ever.

If it's going to be Perry's team in 18, might as well give him the job in 17.

What's the point in AR15 and the rest of our baller receivers to have to go through multiple QB's during their time here. It would be AR's 3rd QB in 3 years. Let them bond and get accustomed to each other's habits.

I think 18 is the year we make some real noise (playoffs) with a veteran front 7 on D, Stud RB's (Lo and Cam), mix of veteran and young stud receivers like Pope, Thomas, Hightower, Wiggins, Njuko, AR15 and Harley..they should all be killing it by that time.

If next season the goal is the coastal, I think we'll be fine with Perry..if the goal is to get over the FSU hump, I think we go with Rosier.

Last edited:

We can agree to disagree. Having Perry starts IMO will guarantee that we won't win the coastal. At least Rosier will give us a chance since he has been building chemistry with the receivers, the OL and RB's much longer time than what Perry would have had. Not to mention watching more ACC films and knowing opposing defenses a lot more.

Advertisement
A marginal quarterback with one game or less of starting experience doesn't give you a better chance to win.

Kaaya as a true freshman would have easily beaten these guys out. If Perry is as good or better, turn out the lights.

A marginal quarterback with one game or less of starting experience doesn't give you a better chance to win.

Kaaya as a true freshman would have easily beaten these guys out. If Perry is as good or better, turn out the lights.

Kaaya was verrrry polished coming in. Perry might have higher ceiling but from competition he played in high school it might be unfair to just throw him in @doak for first real college game. Nobody knows how his adjustment to college level speed will be or how long that will take. Looks like we will have to hope n pray he has very short learning curve.

I just think we will have weapons on outside that we cant use, and will be playing conservative ball running into stacked boxes all season. Heck we did it some with a 3 year starter last year at times. Ugh. Hope Im wrong

Advertisement

If this doesn't put it in perspective about our QB situation then nothing will. Golden really gave CMR a ****** hand.

Interesting take. I'm going to wait until a real intellect like [MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] weighs in though.

Advertisement
Back