Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

It looks like Weldon and Perry are more suited to the offense Richt wants to run here. Ideally, you'd have liked one more season of Kaaya while redshirting at least one if not both true freshmen but that's not going to happen. The reason we're talking about a true freshmen coming in and winning the starting job is because the returning talent all have major flaws. Malik Rosier is a good athlete but his accuracy is very poor and his arm strength is average at best. Jack Allison has a cannon but is way behind the curve in almost every other aspect of the position. He's inaccurate, he struggles to read defenses, he has terrible footwork. Evan Shireffs is the exact opposite. The guy's a genius and does everything the way it's supposed to be done. Unfortunately his arm strength is unsuitable for a D1 starting quarterback.

Advertisement
Let's reason: Allison and Rosier were pretty good QB's coming out of high school which they played in pretty much the same AA games as Perry and Weldon. To add, between the two Allison and Rosier have at least one full off season workout with the previous staff and both are about to complete a second set of full works under Richt. I remind you that Richt had to prepare both during his tenure as the next QB in case Kaaya had gone down during the season. So basically, if two years of training under Richt didn't prepare them to be ready to start game one 2017 and Weldon gets his 7 months of training in; then tell us just how do you expect Perry to start game one 2017 with four to six weeks max of training under Richt when he's had all this time to get at least one of them ready? That's a bad look on all counts.

Rosier was not a good qb in high school.

If Allison isn't the guy, why did Richt keep recruiting him? A QB is a very particular coach depending on the coach. We had 4 guys at the position, going into last year and he knew he would take 2 this year? Why keep pursuing Allison if he didn't like what he saw?

I know some will say you have to take a QB, but we really have depth at the position, AND he simply could have gone after someone else last year, why didn't he? It doesn't make sense to write off Allison like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I don't think you guys understand that this is not my opinion really. This is based on conversations I've had with people inside who say that Perry is the one who Richt would ultimately like to win the job.

Is this going to be handed to him? Of course not.

Is Perry going to be 100% ready as a starter? No, but he might be better option than anybody else.

The offense will need to be simplified regardless of who starts, for different reasons. They would rather run with one of the young bucks over Rosier because they can groom whoever it is for the next couple years.

Allison will definitely get a look, but Richt wants someone who can make things happen when the play breaks down. Allison has the arm talent, size, and confidence you want in a quarterback, but his feel for the game must improve.

Weldon could have a say too, but the way that Richt has prioritized Perry in this cycle should show you what he thinks about him.

I've said it countless times on here -- Perry was the top overall prospect on Richt's board and that was the first 2017 recruit he called when he got the job. He really believes that this is the dynamic QB Miami needs.

****....then he offered Weldon knowing he would rather have Perry win the job.

I mean, you usually don't want to take 1 QB in a class when you know your starter is probably gone after this year.

I mean if he has such a conviction on the guy.
I can't imagine the conversation from Ritch side with Weldon and his parents.
"I think Perry is our future but sure your son will get a chance"

I'm not doubting you info I just find it odd.

Of course he's not saying that to the kid or his parents. This is recruiting

i think weldon was gone by time Richt was OC.

I don't think you guys understand that this is not my opinion really. This is based on conversations I've had with people inside who say that Perry is the one who Richt would ultimately like to win the job.

Is Perry going to be 100% ready as a starter? No, but he might be better option than anybody else.

The offense will need to be simplified regardless of who starts, for different reasons. They would rather run with one of the young bucks over Rosier because they can groom whoever it is for the next couple years.

Allison will definitely get a look, but Richt wants someone who can make things happen when the play breaks down. Allison has the arm talent, size, and confidence you want in a quarterback, but his feel for the game must improve.

Weldon could have a say too, but the way that Richt has prioritized Perry in this cycle should show you what he thinks about him.

I've said it countless times on here -- Perry was the top overall prospect on Richt's board and that was the first 2017 recruit he called when he got the job. He really believes that this is the dynamic QB Miami needs.

He was the top overall prospect on richt's board when Richt was at Georgia? Did he recruit perry while at uga?

He had Eason lined up there so no

Exactly my point. To say he was richt's top overall is a bit misleading. Did he like him at Georgia or did he like him because it was too late in the recruiting cycle and perry was good enough and there was no need to find another qb?

Advertisement
Let's reason: Allison and Rosier were pretty good QB's coming out of high school which they played in pretty much the same AA games as Perry and Weldon. To add, between the two Allison and Rosier have at least one full off season workout with the previous staff and both are about to complete a second set of full works under Richt. I remind you that Richt had to prepare both during his tenure as the next QB in case Kaaya had gone down during the season. So basically, if two years of training under Richt didn't prepare them to be ready to start game one 2017 and Weldon gets his 7 months of training in; then tell us just how do you expect Perry to start game one 2017 with four to six weeks max of training under Richt when he's had all this time to get at least one of them ready? That's a bad look on all counts.

He had a better high school run than Jack Allison.

If Allison isn't the guy, why did Richt keep recruiting him? A QB is a very particular coach depending on the coach. We had 4 guys at the position, going into last year and he knew he would take 2 this year? Why keep pursuing Allison if he didn't like what he saw?

I know some will say you have to take a QB, but we really have depth at the position, AND he simply could have gone after someone else last year, why didn't he? It doesn't make sense to write off Allison like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QBs almost always commit early and stay committed. If we'd dropped Allison (and I'm not suggesting we wanted to), we would've been scrambling for some lower-tier prospect.

A lot of qbs did.

A lot of qbs did.

We would have to agree that those ratings were at the high school level. If a player had a #6 rating at that position at the High School level then one would reasonably expect that the athlete has progressed quite a bit from that after one and half years of experience and QB coaching at the college level. If the player has remained the same or digressed then one should question the training on the next level.

Last edited:
Advertisement
****....then he offered Weldon knowing he would rather have Perry win the job.

I mean, you usually don't want to take 1 QB in a class when you know your starter is probably gone after this year.

I mean if he has such a conviction on the guy.
I can't imagine the conversation from Ritch side with Weldon and his parents.
"I think Perry is our future but sure your son will get a chance"

I'm not doubting you info I just find it odd.

Of course he's not saying that to the kid or his parents. This is recruiting

i think weldon was gone by time Richt was OC.

No, Richt coached Casey.

He was the top overall prospect on richt's board when Richt was at Georgia? Did he recruit perry while at uga?

He had Eason lined up there so no
So he didn't recruit his top '17 QB because he got his top '16 QB? Makes sense.

We've got a lot of QBs with good potential. I'm hopeful we can get just one of them to come in and "manage" this offense.

Advertisement
N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

like trayone gray, and all the other legends. Can we just let it play out? Perry will likely not be ready. lets not ruin him. he has alot of potentional.

This really isn't based on an opinion. This is already the talk inside the building. Miami had anticipated Kaaya's decision and Perry is the leader in the clubhouse for the job.

Is this because Perry looks so **** good to them that they expect him to beat out the current players, or just that the current players are just all inadequate? If the think he's that great, then good for us... but if its because the rest of the guys we have just aren't cutting it & they're kinda giving up on him, well thats no so great.

I for one believe we'll fair better with this kid Perry. For one he'll be sacked 1/4th as much as the statue Brad. In watching the film he is very poised and focuses his eyes downfield. Moves to extend plays not run first. Got pretty good speed when he does run. Has very good accuracy and a nice touch on his deep balls. Dudes it's very common for a freshman to start in college. USC has fared well with a freshman. Although the team sucks USCe QB did well also. I think gawgia QB was a freshman. Then there's this freshman that is the favorite to win the natty. So a doom and gloom scenario for a college QB very unreasonable, unless the kid totally flops which I don't see.

A lot of qbs did.
ESPN rated Allison as the #6 pro style QB prospect coming out of high school. Rivals had him at #9 . He's not the scrub some on here are making him out to be.

Word over here on the West coast is that Allison is terrible. Nobody can understand why Miami offered him.

He as offered because he's 6-5 with a rail gun for an arm. Easily the best arm of the bunch. Also he may not be a dual threat or great athlete but he's not a statue like Kaaya either.

The guy was a top ten QB prospect in the eyes of all the recruiting services too.

I played against Brian Griese in high school and didn't think much of him. I was surprised when he ended up being a pretty good QB for Michigan and even more surprised that he had an NFL career.

Its high school to college. A lot of kids are just raw going in. You are recruiting potential. Allison has vast potential.

Advertisement
Back