Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

****....then he offered Weldon knowing he would rather have Perry win the job.

I mean, you usually don't want to take 1 QB in a class when you know your starter is probably gone after this year.

I mean if he has such a conviction on the guy.
I can't imagine the conversation from Ritch side with Weldon and his parents.
"I think Perry is our future but sure your son will get a chance"

I'm not doubting you info I just find it odd.

You find it odd that Richt wants to bring in as much talent at the most important position in football with your starting QB probably leaving for the NFL after the season? So should we only recruit one player for every position?

It's called depth. Oh and another little thing called injuries that happens every once in a while.

I'm going to ignore the a hole condescending tone and respond to you.

No I don't find it odd at all.
What I do find odd is Ritch walking around the building saying he prefers Perry to win job.

I hope the bring in as much competition as possible and have a true open competition for the job.

It really is not odd that the HC would want the most talented guy at the position to step up and earn the starting job. This, to me, is what Richt hopes will happen. He hopes that Perry will come in and win the job, because hes so talented. But it is entirely possible he comes in and just isn't ready to start as a freshman, and if that is the case he will go with who is ready. He can have an honest competition with hopes a certain person comes out on top. I really don't find this too complicated, but everyones acting like Pete said No matter what Richts already given the job to Perry. All he's basically saying is he hopes Perry wins it. And seeing as how he has the most potential of any of our QBs currently, I don't find that too odd.

Advertisement
Must make Weldon feel good to hear that the "talk in the football offices" is that they've already tabbed Perry as the next QB.

I'm hoping this is buffoonish chatter and not at all true. I want to see a wide open competition at QB, and let the best man win. None of this predetermined nonsense based off hype.

Must make Weldon feel good to hear that the "talk in the football offices" is that they've already tabbed Perry as the next QB.

I'm hoping this is buffoonish chatter and not at all true. I want to see a wide open competition at QB, and let the best man win. None of this predetermined nonsense based off hype.

I think that's everybody's issue. Regardless of who we all favor, at the end of it we just want a true competition and the best man to win. Not this picking favorites and predetermining the outcome amateur act

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's everybody's issue. Regardless of who we all favor, at the end of it we just want a true competition and the best man to win. Not this picking favorites and predetermining the outcome amateur act

You can have a true competition and still hope a certain player comes out on top. Its as simple as Perry being the most naturally talented, and the coaches hoping he wins the job as a freshman. Doesn't mean they are going to give him the job if he doesn't win it.

You can have a true competition and still hope a certain player comes out on top. Its as simple as Perry being the most naturally talented, and the coaches hoping he wins the job as a freshman. Doesn't mean they are going to give him the job if he doesn't win it.
Even if he is, he needs to learn the system well, mature, get used to the speed of the game, put on some good weight, develop chemistry with WR's and TE's , show toughness and leadership and earn the respect of the team. A lot of things go in the making of a great QB and it take more than a few months on campus to sharpen them and put them together.

Advertisement

No you can't. And I'm not certain that Perry is more "naturally talented" than Weldon. Weldon is a better runner, might have a bigger arm, and he has a much better release.

N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

like trayone gray, and all the other legends. Can we just let it play out? Perry will likely not be ready. lets not ruin him. he has alot of potentional.

This really isn't based on an opinion. This is already the talk inside the building. Miami had anticipated Kaaya's decision.

Im just concerned about rushing this kid into action. Im old school, i like to redshirt QBs.

Times have changed.

But Freshman QB's winning big games and road games hasn't changed. They lose more than they win unless you have a line like Bama's and we don't.

No you can't. And I'm not certain that Perry is more "naturally talented" than Weldon. Weldon is a better runner, might have a bigger arm, and he has a much better release.

Right. That's like someone that takes a trial by judge and the judge is already saying "I hope you get the death penalty" the defendant would hope that his case is decided by the law and evidence. I'm sure anyone would feel discouraged walking into that court room where the judge has already tilted the scale.

Advertisement
I will also predict that Anthony McFarland will be starting very early if not by game 1.

Best RB we've signed since Duke.

Has Dalvin Cook level ability.

NKosi Perry and Macfarland can change the entire face of this program.

Both are ELITE ELITE ELITE five star talents.

Well he definitely has a quicker release, But I don't think its better. On many of his throws He gets really low when he loads up to throw it and he always keeps the ball low. His release is definitely more Philip Rivers than it is Peyton Manning. His entire motion just looks like he's going to overthrow a lot of balls to me because of the angle of his body and the low release point. I like how Perry stands tall in the pocket opposed to Weldon. I agree Weldon is a better runner, but that also just might be because right now he's like 25lbs heavier. One of Perrys top priorities needs to be getting stronger and trying to get up to 200lbs. I think they both are good enough at running, the difference really is Perry isn't as quick to scramble. Lastly it does look like Weldon has better velocity on the ball, but judging off thier HL tapes, Perry looks like he just flicks the ball 50 yards in the air, while Weldon looks like he puts everything into every throw. So I think Perry has more natural talent. It just seems like Weldon has to try harder to make the same throws.

Right. That's like someone that takes a trial by judge and the judge is already saying "I hope you get the death penalty" the defendant would hope that his case is decided by the law and evidence. I'm sure anyone would feel discouraged walking into that court room where the judge has already tilted the scale.

So you don't think a judge can think someone is guilty and be objective enough to make a ruling based solely on the evidence and arguments of the attorneys? Seems like you have little faith in the justice department.

Advertisement
I will also predict that Anthony McFarland will be starting very early if not by game 1.

Best RB we've signed since Duke.

Has Dalvin Cook level ability.

NKosi Perry and Macfarland can change the entire face of this program.

Both are ELITE ELITE ELITE five star talents.

This is stupid and not even close to being similar to the position we are in at QB. At Qb either Rosier or someone who has never started a game with be our QB. At RB we have Walton who has started every game this year. This really isn't that different from someone predicting Trajan Bandy, Navaughn Donaldson will start immediately. I'm pretty sure every single person on this board thought that Jeudy would start day 1 had he committed here.

From what I have seen of Perry he could battle for the starting job.
I like the way he keeps his eyes down field and can still avoid being sacked. IT is something you can't teach players. They either have it or not.
Some of his escape artist type pass highlights look like Baker Mayfield and Johnny Football-esque. Very hard to defend.
And he provides a running ability that will open things up for the RBs and isolation on the outside for Richards.

Can it be a disaster if he fumbles the ball or throws the ball into a crowd of people? Sure.
But for every play like that there is a higher possibility of something amazing happening. Which keeps defenses honest and is something we have never really seen before in Coral Gables.

Cade is a career backup at UM

Perry is the future of UM Football

Finally we got a QB that can make something happen

BK is a Scrub ! im happy he is gone

Everybody wanted him gone in OCT...everybody got they wish

Move TF on

Advertisement
I'm astounded that some people are finding it hard to believe that a very talented dual-threat QB could be our starter next season. Our last three QB's all started games as true Freshmen.

That is NOT the issue here. Sure he could win the competition and start, but nobody on a respectable staff should be putting it out there that they HOPE he wins the job. That's ridiculous for the others on the roster and doesn't instill competition and unity, working together and playing the best.

I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job.

Weldon is very self assured....says he thinks he can win the job. I like his attitude.

Senior Year Stats according to MaxPreps:

Nkoski Perry 106comp/164att=64.6% for 1,778yrds 16.8ypc 24TD to 4INT 130.5QBrating .... 53rushes for 97yrds and 4TDs
Cade Weldon 169comp/276att=61.2% for 3,135yrds 18.6ypc 19TD to 11INT 106.8QBrating.... 96rushes for 368yrds and 11TDs

Perry ran a lot more as a junior (95rushes for 287yrds and 11TDs). Basically Weldon can also run, but he definitely throws more picks than Perry does.
But I think Perry has a better arm too. One thing I definitely like about Weldon is his release quickness, when he decides to throw the ball its out of his hands immediately. Perrys release is slower for sure.

Weldon's arm looks stronger. He has a cannon. Also I think people are forgetting that CMR has a relationship with Weldon and his father. Weldon's dad was coached by CMR at FSU, and that may play a part. We will see but I dont think this is Perry's job to lose, I think this is a competition and may the best man win.

I think Perry will win the Heisman here before it's said and done IF Richt can put the right pieces around him

I'd like to know why Perry is more naturally talented than Weldon, when Weldon is a better runner, runs a 4.5 or 4.6 and Perry runs a 4.8 or something, Weldon has a stronger arm, etc. etc. etc.

Advertisement
Back