Very, very early prediction but I'll put it on the line now

allison prob was he was skinny and a gun slinger. maybe he just needed real coaching.

Advertisement
This board loved Cactus Jack last year. He's got a **** of an arm, and he was a top 10 high school QB. Don't be so quick to forget and forsake him just because he's a year older and he doesn't have the wheels Perry does.

I think if Kaaya had stayed, Perry would have been groomed to take over the offense. But now that we're scrambling, and the competition is NOW, don't sleep on my boy Jack.

This board loved Cactus Jack last year. He's got a **** of an arm, and he was a top 10 high school QB. Don't be so quick to forget and forsake him just because he's a year older and he doesn't have the wheels Perry does.

I think if Kaaya had stayed, Perry would have been groomed to take over the offense. But now that we're scrambling, and the competition is NOW, don't sleep on my boy Jack.

This QB competition will be the best we've had in a while. And while Kaayak coming back would've given us the most assured feeling heading into next year, I like the wildcard factor that the QB competition winner will bring. It shouldn't be a big drop off from the 9-4 Kaaya's given us, and it may propel us to 11-2 if we hit a home run.

Looking forward to the reports from Spring and Summer ball.

Let's reason: Allison and Rosier were pretty good QB's coming out of high school which they played in pretty much the same AA games as Perry and Weldon. To add, between the two Allison and Rosier have at least one full off season workout with the previous staff and both are about to complete a second set of full works under Richt. I remind you that Richt had to prepare both during his tenure as the next QB in case Kaaya had gone down during the season. So basically, if two years of training under Richt didn't prepare them to be ready to start game one 2017 and Weldon gets his 7 months of training in; then tell us just how do you expect Perry to start game one 2017 with four to six weeks max of training under Richt when he's had all this time to get at least one of them ready? That's a bad look on all counts.
I agree on all accounts.
In summary, it speaks very badly of every other QB you've been training for the last 2 years.
Personally, while might not be the most accurate passer and Greentree winner, I think Rosier is the most ready of all with leadership, game experience and athletic ability.

Advertisement
I don't think you guys understand that this is not my opinion really. This is based on conversations I've had with people inside who say that Perry is the one who Richt would ultimately like to win the job.

Is this going to be handed to him? Of course not.

Is Perry going to be 100% ready as a starter? No, but he might be better option than anybody else.

The offense will need to be simplified regardless of who starts, for different reasons. They would rather run with one of the young bucks over Rosier because they can groom whoever it is for the next couple years.

Allison will definitely get a look, but Richt wants someone who can make things happen when the play breaks down. Allison has the arm talent, size, and confidence you want in a quarterback, but his feel for the game must improve.

Weldon could have a say too, but the way that Richt has prioritized Perry in this cycle should show you what he thinks about him.

I've said it countless times on here -- Perry was the top overall prospect on Richt's board and that was the first 2017 recruit he called when he got the job. He really believes that this is the dynamic QB Miami needs.

****....then he offered Weldon knowing he would rather have Perry win the job.

I mean, you usually don't want to take 1 QB in a class when you know your starter is probably gone after this year.

I mean if he has such a conviction on the guy.
I can't imagine the conversation from Ritch side with Weldon and his parents.
"I think Perry is our future but sure your son will get a chance"

I'm not doubting you info I just find it odd.

You find it odd that Richt wants to bring in as much talent at the most important position in football with your starting QB probably leaving for the NFL after the season? So should we only recruit one player for every position?

It's called depth. Oh and another little thing called injuries that happens every once in a while.

I'm going to ignore the a hole condescending tone and respond to you.

No I don't find it odd at all.
What I do find odd is Ritch walking around the building saying he prefers Perry to win job.

I hope the bring in as much competition as possible and have a true open competition for the job.

If Allison isn't the guy, why did Richt keep recruiting him? A QB is a very particular coach depending on the coach. We had 4 guys at the position, going into last year and he knew he would take 2 this year? Why keep pursuing Allison if he didn't like what he saw?

I know some will say you have to take a QB, but we really have depth at the position, AND he simply could have gone after someone else last year, why didn't he? It doesn't make sense to write off Allison like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QBs almost always commit early and stay committed. If we'd dropped Allison (and I'm not suggesting we wanted to), we would've been scrambling for some lower-tier prospect.

Right. But we would have still had four coming into this year and now getting 2 more. If we didn't really want him why take him? Were we hoping he would work out?

I'm a believer that the QBs success falls on his coach. The QB coach and OC identify their guy and go after him because they like what they see in him. They saw something they liked so they should be able to develop them based on that scouting.

I'm sorry but Jack not being ready next year is on the coaches, if in fact he isnt ready. If he is ready, and loses the job then I'm a little concerned that this was predetermined.

Advertisement
RPO is gimmicky. At the U we prefer a real pro style offense based on concepts that require the QB to be a real pro. This advantage makes use of every play making position on offense. That is why U are QB U, WR U, RB U and TE U. The U made this footprint before others have tried to duplicate it. To keep it going this RPO BS is not going to get it done. Result: Another UGA with years away from having a stud WR or TE. What we are use to and want is a system that pump stars out like factories and winning NC along the way!!!

Last edited:
If Allison isn't the guy, why did Richt keep recruiting him? A QB is a very particular coach depending on the coach. We had 4 guys at the position, going into last year and he knew he would take 2 this year? Why keep pursuing Allison if he didn't like what he saw?

I know some will say you have to take a QB, but we really have depth at the position, AND he simply could have gone after someone else last year, why didn't he? It doesn't make sense to write off Allison like this.

QBs almost always commit early and stay committed. If we'd dropped Allison (and I'm not suggesting we wanted to), we would've been scrambling for some lower-tier prospect.

Right. But we would have still had four coming into this year and now getting 2 more. If we didn't really want him why take him? Were we hoping he would work out?

I'm a believer that the QBs success falls on his coach. The QB coach and OC identify their guy and go after him because they like what they see in him. They saw something they liked so they should be able to develop them based on that scouting.

I'm sorry but Jack not being ready next year is on the coaches, if in fact he isnt ready. If he is ready, and loses the job then I'm a little concerned that this was predetermined.

But after Kaaya, it was Rosier, Shireffs, and Vinny Jr. So that's a low 3 star, a 2 star, and a walk-on. Not good.

Developing QBs isn't an exact science. If Allison gets beat out, it doesn't automatically mean he was poorly coached, poorly evaluated, or unfairly demoted.

The simplest explanation is somebody better came along.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Almost every NFL team has RPO in their playbook. It's a constraint play that forces the defense to defend the width of the field, tighten their alignments in the secondary, and it gives the defense 2nd thoughts about blitzing or aggressively defending the run. It's not a foundation of an offense and it doesn't prohibit an offense from any formations, calls, philosophies, etc. You can do RPO out of shotgun spread or under center with 3 TEs and 2 backs. I don't know why the fanbase is so obsessed with it.

The most important traits for a QB to execute RPO are a quick set-up (footwork) and delivery (ball placement). Kaaya is better at those traits than Perry is regardless of whether Perry runs a full second faster 40 or not. Mobility and athleticism is barely relevant to running RPO, but footwork is and Perry's footwork is unrefined. RPO is not a factor in who starts for Miami in 2017.

Almost every NFL team has RPO in their playbook. It's a constraint play that forces the defense to defend the width of the field, tighten their alignments in the secondary, and it gives the defense 2nd thoughts about blitzing or aggressively defending the run. It's not a foundation of an offense and it doesn't prohibit an offense from any formations, calls, philosophies, etc. You can do RPO out of shotgun spread or under center with 3 TEs and 2 backs. I don't know why the fanbase is so obsessed with it.

The most important traits for a QB to execute RPO are a quick set-up (footwork) and delivery (ball placement). Kaaya is better at those traits than Perry is regardless of whether Perry runs a full second faster 40 or not. Mobility and athleticism is barely relevant to running RPO, but footwork is and Perry's footwork is unrefined. RPO is not a factor in who starts for Miami in 2017.
Some would say Kaaya's biggest deficiency is improvisation. When FSU started mixing things up, as one example, he couldn't adjust and made poorer decisions to hand off or throw out of the RPO calls. At UM, Kaaya worked best when things were predetermined. Coley did that for him and would ultimately run out of bullets. Or, when we went 4-vert so he made some simpler reads.

I agree with almost everything regarding the apparent misunderstanding of the RPO on this board (not sure how, since it's been explained so many times already), but wanted to comment on the Kaaya part.

Advertisement

RPO is not the foundation of an offense. And that was the painful problem with Richt this season as he tried his damnedest to create which proved to be counterproductive. It wasn't until he realized that to be the case our offense went on to a 9-4 winning season. Hopefully this trend will continue, rather than to do in what some believe, that Richt finally gets a QB in Perry to run RPO the way he initially intended, as the foundation; that would be regressing in the process. I find it hard to believe that all of the QBs struggled with RPO to the point that it couldn't be run effectively. I think any reasonable person would wonder, just maybe, its how Richt wants to run RPOs just don't work with the philosophy.

Last edited:

Some would say Kaaya's biggest deficiency is improvisation. When FSU started mixing things up, as one example, he couldn't adjust and made poorer decisions to hand off or throw out of the RPO calls. At UM, Kaaya worked best when things were predetermined. Coley did that for him and would ultimately run out of bullets. Or, when we went 4-vert so he made some simpler reads.

I agree with almost everything regarding the apparent misunderstanding of the RPO on this board (not sure how, since it's been explained so many times already), but wanted to comment on the Kaaya part.

Not sure how? You must be new around here! :sneakiness:

N'Kosi Perry will start game one for the Miami Hurricanes in 2017. I've heard he is going to be given every opportunity to win the job and this is who CMR wants to win the job. Richt wants the RPO to be the staple in the offense and Perry will give him the best chance to do that.

like trayone gray, and all the other legends. Can we just let it play out? Perry will likely not be ready. lets not ruin him. he has alot of potentional.

This really isn't based on an opinion. This is already the talk inside the building. Miami had anticipated Kaaya's decision and Perry is the leader in the clubhouse for the job.

How can you be the leader in the clubhouse when you ain't even on the course yet?

Brad Kayaa is a glorified flag football QB.

Hates contact. Hates pressure. Hates disruption.

I must admit he looks pretty sitting in the pocket delivering a perfectly thrown spiral on a crossing route to one of his various 5 star WR's.

Advertisement
Back